what happens after switching difficulty?

Sorry noob question. I'm current a level 30 in normal. What happens when you complete Act 3? Do you enter cruel and keep your current level? Or is your character completely reset? Also, after you complete normal, can you still keep playing normal or are you required to play cruel?
You keep your current level and when you use the waypoint system you get a difficulty tab at the top which allows you to select 'normal' and pick any waypoint you have already activated. So no, you don't *have* to play on cruel once you beat normal, but the monsters levels are higher so the rewards are better.

*edit*

Once you go through the final door on Act 3 normal you are tossed back onto the beach in Act 1 Cruel so you *will* have to go through hillock and get to town to get to a waypoint. At least, without dying. If you die before you make town in Act 1 Cruel I presume you will go back to the last town you were in so act 3 normal's town.
Please familiarize yourself with the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory (GIFT) - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Realize that the only part of the equation you can affect in the GIFT is the audience. Remove the audience and the trolls merely rant at the air.
Last edited by CrystalisQualinthi on Feb 22, 2013, 10:57:13 PM
okay thank you. very helpful. thanks!!!
"
Once you go through the final door on Act 3 normal you are tossed back onto the beach in Act 1 Cruel so you *will* have to go through hillock and get to town to get to a waypoint. At least, without dying. If you die before you make town in Act 1 Cruel I presume you will go back to the last town you were in so act 3 normal's town.

Pretty sure there's a waypoint right next to the point you wake up on the beach on cruel and Merciless difficulty.
Are you shpongled yet?
"
ekhowl wrote:
"

Pretty sure there's a waypoint right next to the point you wake up on the beach on cruel and Merciless difficulty.

No kidding? I don't remember one, but I'm only level 43 and only have one char (well, a few sub 10s) so I've only woken up on the beach in cruel once. :)
Please familiarize yourself with the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory (GIFT) - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Realize that the only part of the equation you can affect in the GIFT is the audience. Remove the audience and the trolls merely rant at the air.
"
ekhowl wrote:
"

Yeah there definitely is. I used it today.

Also of note is the quest rewards are different in the higher difficulties. The content itself is more or less exactly the same but there are a few differences along the way too.
"
EnderCN wrote:
Also of note is the quest rewards are different in the higher difficulties. The content itself is more or less exactly the same but there are a few differences along the way too.

Oh yeah, I do remember thinking "I didn't see these gem choices last time I did this quest."

Also take note that when you die in cruel difficulty you will incur an experience penalty. The penalty for dieing is cruel is 7.5% experience, and the penatly for dieing in merciless (the next difficulty level) is 15% experience, I believe.
There is a waypoint on the beach in cruel. Also, your resists will be down by 20.
"
Also take note that when you die in cruel difficulty you will incur an experience penalty. The penalty for dieing is cruel is 7.5% experience, and the penatly for dieing in merciless (the next difficulty level) is 15% experience, I believe.

What game are you playing? Sounds pretty boring to me.

For me its like this

Normal Death Penalty : Character Dies.

Cruel Death Penalty : Character Dies.

Merciless Death Penalty : Character Dies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info