[3.0] RAT Ele Wander Inquisitor, Budget options, Life/Hybrid or CI, T15+ Viable

What's the difference between the Inquisitor version and the Occulstist one you are trying right now? Does the Occultist feels more safe/more ES?
Last edited by Snake877 on Mar 11, 2017, 11:03:22 AM
I reached lv91 and build is pretty much done at this point, should roll good enchants on boots and gloves.
I dropped the shield, changed ring to get accuracy and respecced the wand wheel on the top to use the 3 accuracy nodes instead of generic wand damage.

Got a Lv21 rat, for the future of the build i see Higher ES and Higher Survivability of totem as priority.

I reached 2800 accuracy giving me 90% hit, got 10K ES and 1K/sec ES while standing on consecrated ground, feels really good now.

I tryed Rotgut flask, the added charges just kills it, and it's a bit too clunky to use

Final Gear for the most part
Spoiler

Dying Sun is so good, after the 6link it should the first thing you go for.
Done many T13-T14 very easy, no problems.

I'll put some more level in this build but probably in few weeks, for now i'm going go for an other build!

T15 Abyss Video
https://youtu.be/5LU1HIIJ-VA
Ign:ColdRage
The Abyss vid looks pretty good man. Really enjoyed working with you to explore the possibilities.

RE: The Occultist, I haven't even done cruel lab thus far and waiting until I get a few more levels before fully respeccing into CI.

Theoretically, the ES will be higher and the damage will be similar (at least according to Path of Building) Going to be trying Mantra of Flames once I pick up Vile Bastion (each mob killed = buff/regen = flat fire via Mantra of Flames) It may be an actual use for a jewel that is normally a noobtrap.

Using Southbound to proc the on-kill effects while using Ancestral Bond/totems, and Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Poachers Mark. Why poachers? Well, Frenzies, 100% flask charges , and mobs are 40% less evasive is pretty solid, which will let me eventually drop the lycosidae shield and go full ES.

I want to try and get the Occultist to the point where it can farm uber lab super comfortably. Having a lab farmer won't hurt!

I do also want to try the phys/chaos wands and spec the tree differently but I'm not sure that would be a better route at all. The less multiplier on the totem gem kills the dipping potential....having not really tried it ...just a guess.

Anyway, I will still be updating this build, as I gear out and explore different mechanics with the Occultist, I will continue to make some videos and push my Inquisitor further.

https://youtu.be/7M4pQzqtiFw

Shaped strand with a bunch of sextants, blue leaguestones, etc.

The run is kinda sloppy, I was half asleep and I've been playing another character so I keep forgetting where my freeze flask is. There's a cut in the middle because of a trade.

I tried this build with a support guardian as well - speeds the whole thing up at least by 2x.
IGN: NemiSplosion
"
eikons wrote:
https://youtu.be/7M4pQzqtiFw

Shaped strand with a bunch of sextants, blue leaguestones, etc.

The run is kinda sloppy, I was half asleep and I've been playing another character so I keep forgetting where my freeze flask is. There's a cut in the middle because of a trade.

I tried this build with a support guardian as well - speeds the whole thing up at least by 2x.

The Video is not available on Youtube.
As an update to the build, I have been leveling the Occultist and have made some determinations.

The skill tree is a bit nicer with better potential but the Inquisitor feels better to play in the fact that even with a penetration gem and some on tree -- it still feels like it needs more. Inquisitor is very consistent when you're critting a lot.

I will probably mix and match both and get them to 90 to fully test it out and make a more solid determination.

As an aside, I have been playing with The Gull instead of the Crown of Eyes and it is actually a huge boost to clearspeed and defense, with all of the shrine effects it gives.

Currently its way more expensive than a CoE so tread carefully only if you have the money to spend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qpBsOpMj3c

The Gull + Domination leaguestone that has additional shrine granted and 2 additional shrines.

As you can see , it got a little bit silly. The video actually doesn't even do it justice to how out of control it felt!
Last edited by xdjdrewx on Mar 13, 2017, 4:14:01 AM
Yesterday i dropped
, is somehow good for this build? Even if the "Not capped resistance" thing seems to be too much complicated to bother with.
I was actually thinking of doing some testing myself with that flask on my Occultist variant. If you are an Inquisitor, it doesn't necessarily do much good, as with "Crit Strikes ignore enemy ele resist" you can't necessarily force negative resists -- thus it's redundant. On any other class though, the flask does seem to be kinda OP!
interesting build. I wonder if an elementalist version could work. I've played a RAT build but using a bow rather than a wand once before but failed badly haha.
Last edited by Chalk_Circles on Mar 16, 2017, 5:31:56 AM
Elementalist doesn't really have that fantastic of synergy with the build. While you would technically get the elemental status ailments...you would have to use Southbound gloves to get the prolif, as I have tested this before and it's the whole technicality of 'when you kill' or 'your kills'. Pendulum of Destruction doesn't recognize KB or RAT as a 'lightning, fire or cold' skill so that penetration benefit wouldn't apply. I have been trying an occultist version and I can get the ES regen/per kill and profane bloom only with southbound equipped. Without them equipped, it's extremely underwhelming.

One of the best uses I've found while using southbound, without having to cast Orb of Storms or use Frenzy-PCOC is to use the "Dream/Nightmare" jewels from the Chayula breaches. Using / Testing a blue dream on my occultist, had constant max power charges.

Ironically, something like Assassin's Noxious Strike and Toxic Delivery do work with totems a-ok...and so do the Duelist/Champion's ability to taunt on hit. Makes your totems taunt/intimidate and deal 10% more damage. Even though the less multiplier does hit the totems pretty hard, I have also theorycrafted out an Assassin build (and a Scion build) that would technically be the highest DPS variant of this RAT Wander build, but is extremely point intensive. Would potentially double the DPS which may make it adequate for Guardians and Shaper -- one of the only things that this build can't do.

Last edited by xdjdrewx on Mar 16, 2017, 7:40:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info