[2.6] Oro's Flicker has never been stronger

"
Altissimus wrote:
I love flicker strike. Deffo one of my favourite skills to play.

But.

1) Oro's tends to cap out on damage shy of end-game in my experience.
2) Killing guardians/shaper...with flicker? I don't see that.
3) Build doesn't start until you get Oro...which means you need a lot of money, which makes this a challenging starter...and it's not powerful enough to be a secondary.
4) It's not very tanky.

Now I would REALLY like you to be able to address/refute those four points!! I'd love to play a build like this if it could work, but I have the above concerns that I don't think can be overcome.

Prove me wrong?

1) Yes, but if you invest enough you can get the DPS you need to clear end-game maps just as fast (good Opal Rings with fire damage for example)
2) Flicker might not be the best single target, however maybe for guardians/shaper and such you can switch to molten strike (with the new threshold jewel it should be really powerfull) and spec into pointblank which its right there 1 point away and have insane single target. (Also Taming and emberwake combo could be really powerful with ignites and flicker)
3) Oro's is dirt cheap, 1chaos? how is that a lot of money? Also by just running dried lake you can get enough jewelers from 6sockets to 6socket and 5Link fairly easy.
4) It can be as tanky as you want to make it, you just have to get better gear and invest into defense maybe sacrificing some dps.
"
mandodiao wrote:

3) Oro's is dirt cheap, 1chaos? how is that a lot of money? Also by just running dried lake you can get enough jewelers from 6sockets to 6socket and 5Link fairly easy.

1500 fuses to 6-L, unless you want to play silly buggers with RNG. 1500 fuses is not cheap. It's a bit more than 1 chaos.

"
Altissimus wrote:
"
mandodiao wrote:

1500 fuses to 6-L, unless you want to play silly buggers with RNG. 1500 fuses is not cheap. It's a bit more than 1 chaos.

That's the same for every 6link in every build, so how is that a point? The weapon itself is dirt cheap while others have a starting cost much higher than 1C (Disfavour, Starforge, Kitava's Feast, the Terminus Est probably too with the hype around it) and you can get by with a 5link until at least T10.
I'll start with this build in few hours. Never tried flicker strike, hope it goes well :)
Can't decide between this and terminus est duelist versionT_T Can someone higlight pro and cons between both plz? cuz I don't know anything about flicker strike.
Melee Splash AoE hasn't been buff :

Refer to this post : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838713

EDIT: There is something weird, on the post linked above they said "Melee Splash Support now gains 2% more Area per Level" but on the content update post they said "Melee Splash Support now gains 3% more area of effect per level".

So nobody knows, maybe a buff maybe not but it can't be worse.
Last edited by Plotch on Mar 3, 2017, 11:32:52 AM
"
Altissimus wrote:
I love flicker strike. Deffo one of my favourite skills to play.

But.

1) Oro's tends to cap out on damage shy of end-game in my experience.
2) Killing guardians/shaper...with flicker? I don't see that.
3) Build doesn't start until you get Oro...which means you need a lot of money, which makes this a challenging starter...and it's not powerful enough to be a secondary.
4) It's not very tanky.

Now I would REALLY like you to be able to address/refute those four points!! I'd love to play a build like this if it could work, but I have the above concerns that I don't think can be overcome.

Prove me wrong?

1)Oro's in cheap gear with a 5l and a crap kaoms I could do everything up to t15 before I got bored of having siezures.
2)Oro's cannot do anything immune to ignite.
3)With a non 40% or legacy kaoms this build is dirt cheap, you can get a max dps 5l for 15c. I ran a RoTC TS Drillneck build as my starter in breach. Even at 10 ex that was easy after a week of play if you play smart.
4)You can't die if you kill everything fast enough.
Spoiler
"
Dartusx wrote:
"
Hi! I've been runnning Oro's Flicker in Breach league with setup like yours. Items are pretty same, but instead of RF I went for more damage with crit Champion with constant fortify. I had 15K avg damage tooltip in 6l Tabula with like 10 aps. You can see prrtty much the same tree for 2.6 below.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAOXPmG-SfdwjZU1Hfr02Vvoj049gbyeaanbnIq84U04qtMVRRySLD6s26KmUh2p4eqkn9zJoZfPdhJQbRolxqs1r1HvU7FyLppsmrY12rM9-6NaNuf1usXzD5n8rOlKMNoTvMHw-zzfUvebtP419TZIj9ulGxIKK8C5Teu_TbwUtdO0lvNtP4MMFtY2_GJG8nxR11FIX3AaidKAGIGeg45-Hdkp92sHdRmOnEYGbtYTFYSFaGsMzhNkmlWHiVUvHKpstGlVwUonTvqdfObCrYevPenpTFHHfvyT951T_3luv-OvDOqXLDPJirGyMKjiGYHfXQzEOPBa_IurqGMLsTP_ZfIIHAAAAAAAAAAA=

I wonder how much dmg tooltip you have with so small amount of dmg in tree. My tree has around of 345% increased damage, 375 increased crit chance, 340% multiplier and 89% chance to hit at 87 lvl. Yours has around 245% increased damage, so it's hard for me to figure out how slowly it will clear t14 with enfeeble, more life and increased ele res.
Also noticed that you recommend as 6th link Melee Damage on Full Life.
MDoFL does nothing in this setup since it increases only physical damage and Oro's damage is purely elemental. And it's despite the fact you'll unlikely keep at full life for most of time.

113% increased Phys Damage with 2-handers (which is transformed into fire damage increase with Fireborn jewel.

54% increased Fire Damage with weapons.

92% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons

60% + 20% while flasked increased elemental damage.

32% + 24% from max frenzy charges

This equals 395% increased damage. I don't know where your 245% came from. Plus going Ranger basically guarantees you keep max frenzy charges.

Not to mention a lot faster attack speed.

63% from the tree

32% + 24% from max frenzy charges.

118% attack speed increase.

Not to mention this build can safely use auras because yours uses blood magic.

Different strokes for different folks.

Well I missed that Fireborn thing though I used it myself.
>My bad
Don't get me wrong, I don't complain about somebody's build is shit. I just want to compare Oro's variants and deciede myself which is better.
But what I ask is how much tooltip you expect? Did you play as this build actually?
I can see that it likely will be around 8k full buffed with 15 APS and good gear with lots of elemental damage with weapons, what, I think, might be not enough for endgame content. Though we need the real numbers. And yes, I played RF Oro's flicker, but as berserk.
The real advantages about your variant is, of course, auras (which give you some flat fire and much more valuable in my opinion fire res decrease as debuff - more burn damage) and less penalty in enfeeble maps due to 100% chanсe to hit all of the time. Therefore flammability can be traded for enfeeble for even higher safety.
Frenzy charge sustain isn't a thing here since blood rage does all the job for general clears. For bosses there's a crit chance that ignites a target everytime you crit along with base ignite chance of Oro's and new WEP nodes.
In my opinion stacking attack speed for the skill that has "more attack speed" modifier isn't as efficent as stacking crit is. It scales just too good and makes your investements to be more valuable.
Raider is faster in some cases, but generally it seems that very high aps will be more distracting than useful.
So I need the real experience of the build feel of the people are going to play this build and how it performs in high tier ele res + enfeeble + less curse effect + more life maps.
What about acro and maybe pacro? Isn't it worth taking?
Nice build
Last edited by Mohyadin on Mar 4, 2017, 4:39:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info