Content Update 2.6.0 Patch Notes

"
etaloisuf wrote:
"
OSsloth wrote:
I think this patch is a better time than any to remind everyone that there's literally no reason to ever play Inquisitor, as it can't benefit from double dipping. You're always better off playing Elementalist.

This guy has clearly no idea.

Please, enlighten me.
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D    MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O              Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
Moridin79 wrote:
Rip drillneck

And the fun part...........a couple of days ago i upgraded to a +1 arrow drillneck and won't even get to enjoy it a little bit.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Improved game performance, load times and memory usage.

Sure.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Siosa now sells all quest gems once you've completed his quest and the quests required to unlock the appropriate tiers of gem rewards

Took 5 years, but we got there. Thanks for "listening"
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Diviner's Strongboxes can now only spawn in maps.

RIP botters, f*ck you normal players (no carto chage)
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Reduced monster Spectral Throw damage because it can hit twice when turning.

Right, you know, the WHOLE POINT of spectral throw....
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Substantially reducing the size of Perandus Packs, for both balance and performance reasons.

For both GGG and GGG reasons. Really dumb change. If your game can't handle pack size, maybe don't include it in the first place. Are these your "performance changes"?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

The Docks unique monster The Revenant has been renamed The Shipyard Terror.

RIP Leo
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Magma Orb's explosion radius has been increased by 28%.

OMG, did a BUFF sneak in here?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

You can now only have one instance of Blade Vortex active at once.

Wut.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Zealot's Oath has been repositioned to the perimeter of the tree.

Gee, I wonder if this will suck.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Threshold Jewel Balance Changes:

Mostly good, but limits = super bad.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Weapon Balance Changes:

Very insignificant overall. Disappointing.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Area of Effect Balance Changes

One of the worst ever decisions from this company. You know people like AoE and think it's fun, right? I can't see a single change here I agree with, and there are tons of changes.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Reach of the Council: Number of Additional Arrows reduced to 2.

M'servers. Hey geniuses, why'd you let this persist so long if you hate AoE so much? Great item design everyone. Luckily, everyone hates free GMP, AKA "fun", so now we're all rolling Freezing Pulse builds. Oh wait.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Pyre: Cold Damage converted to Fire Damage mod reduced to 40%.

Totally not a middle finger from GGG.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Heretic's Veil: Increased Level of Socketed Curse Gems mod reduced to +1.

Cool, zero point to this item now. Thanks for buffing 100 other uniques that still won't see use though. Glad this rare chase item is now on Windripper levels.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

New Zana Mods for Legacy League

Heeeey, some changes that actually make sense! I can dig this. Leaguestones have potential to be around for the rest of the game's history if done right. I never liked Zana tiering, and Master leveling is STILL one of the absolute worst parts of this game.

Basically, this patch is absolutely terrible for people who like the game's mechanics and appreciate it for being the "do-anything" game it's always stood for. The game is growing too large for its own good and the past several patch nerfs are indicative of such. I'll be playing this league because I can't help myself, and I hope there's a new meta or two that GGG didn't anticipate, and will be trying to make sure that happens, because I absolutely loathe the vast majority of these notes. This company is not what it used to be and I dread the abysmal changes that no doubt await us in 3.0. One step forward, two steps back. I hate so much of this patch after reading all the notes and being anxiously excited for weeks. What are you guys thinking???
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Twinned Unique Bosses, 3 Chaos Orbs: Area contains two Unique Bosses, 12% increased Quantity of Items found in this Map, 6% increased Rarity of Items found in this Map.

uhhhh i guess at least its gated at lvl 8 zana
Reach AND Drillneck, buttplugged in the same patch. Lulz. I didn't want to run that old AssReacher anymore anyways :-P Also I'm never touching my first-gen Reach ever again o_o...

Heh, some interesting changes. Might actually use Zana mods this time. The unset ring changes might make for some interesting aura stuffs, and I cannot wait to get a look at the new passive tree. Orb of Storms nerf make'a me sad, but I spamcast that thing half the time anyways. Still never going to see Flame Surge anywhere. Blade Flurry nerf is sort of irrelevant given 1H updates, so a wash. A little disappointed that some of the crappy old Threshold jewels didn't get updated properly. Steel Spirit still blows, gaiz. Blows hard. Pack clearing is not the problem with Spectral Throw.

Going to mostly just absorb the unique changes as I play. That is a lotta stuff to try and keep straight.

Overall, looks like it'll be a fun time. Heh, so long as you're not playing bows, anyways!
It was pretty rude to stop people from using blade vortex for curse on hit and main skill both. Why not just remove spell echo support? It's not like you need it.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on Feb 28, 2017, 10:48:32 PM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Diviner's Strongboxes can now only spawn in maps.

Sorry but this is such an horrible design decision...

Not only its stupid to remove it from progression content

but for a game that is removing difficulties to get 10 acts, you will get 10 different acts without a content that drops something you can get from level 1...

add to this that these boxes are so fucking rare that removing spawn locations make em more rare.. they are now more rare than a GGG good balance decision XD
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 28, 2017, 10:50:39 PM
Cool
"
鬼殺し wrote:
No typos stood out on three readings.

Colour me very impressed.

God I need a life.

There was a double 'the'

But I'm not sure if it actually is supposed to be double.
Casually casual.

Siosa will sell all gem from other class as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info