What builds have you played and what would you rate them out of 10?

Sire of shard cyclone coc 6/10 before coc nerf
Sire of shard flame totem tukohama vacuum 8/10
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Because they are so cheap, similar, and great.

Facebreaker/Life/Ancestral Warchief

Facebreaker/Life/Cyclone
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
I dont even remember what all builds i did

Arc witch was like 8/10 for fun cause it chained 0/10 end game because we didnt ave the shit we do wen i made it and i dont think i did end game stuff

Sunder version 1 7.4/10 5/10 can do maps up to t15 (but not all t15s) and i think normal 4tits
Sunder version 2 8/10 5/10 can do maps up to t15 (but not all t15s) and i think normal 4tits
Sunder version 3 7.8/10 5/10 can do maps up to t15 (but not all t15s) and i think normal 4tits

Sunder/block 1 6/10 7.5/10 can do maps up to t15 (but not all t15s) normal 4tits didnt get to try all guardians but i killed mino 3 times failed to kill 2 others didnt try other

life elementist i think 4/10 0/10 was bad and i never really got it finished

Life RF 9/10 cause you can just run tru things before snapshot and guardians 9/10 (could do normal 4tits) 4/10 after snapsot got fixed cant even seem to do 4tits now

ES RF worse then the above even with more es

CI BF 3/10 because i die to everything since i couldnt make es gear to go ci 0/10 couldnt even do breaches without dying

Dual 1h axe glass cannon build 2/10 0/10 didnt finish... couldnt even do maps

Life summoner like 5/10 and 0/10 (not finished)
LL summoner 1/10 0/10 (not finished)

Forget what other builds ive done there was like 2 more tat i never got finished with but both sucked
Last edited by Lynerus on Feb 28, 2017, 8:20:55 AM
"
Perq wrote:
Ah yes, the spell attack build... This is holy grail of my build achievements, yet to find one that really works well. Honestly, the best bet probably is Inquisitor, since he has generic Elemental bonuses and some attack/cast speed thingies.

Yeah, I feel the big problem with those is lack of distinction between spells and attacks. In D&D games you play attack/spell hybrids to get limited use AoE or utility , with strong single target offense to fall back on if spells don't work well, you run out or don't want to waste them on trash. One more valid use is setting up a DoT or debuff effect to tick away while attacking.

The point is we don't really have a good reason to do it in PoE, attacks can have just as much AoE as spells and single target setups aren't very common anyway because area skills usually don't suck nearly enough. One reason to do it was having a damage totem to help you with tougher encounters but melee totems and RAT ended that too. And I consider spell triggering a cop-out.

Probably the best battlemage I got is that Orb of Storms raider, we might call it a trigger build but it still has an action you need to do for triggering so it's the closest thing I got to a good synergy between attacks and spells. If we don't count summons, of course.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
bSun0000 wrote:
- Arc-crit witch, starting from 2013.
2 / 10 - never do the same mistake as me, Arc is sux! (zero "broken" mechanics and/or items used), viable for.. nothing. t13 maps is maximum that this build can do. A LOT of deaths due to rare reflects on maps, weak damage (143k tooltip)

It's not like Arc Mines just destroy everything, including shaper :|

LL Deadeye 9/10 - Custom made, still playing it sometimes

Groundslam Gladiator 4/10 - lame dmg, lame survavility even with 78% block

Firestorm Elementalist 8/10 - rly good dmg, could run almost every map (I skipped only reflect), not boring since I was using skeletons and zombies as living wall so I had to keep them alive

Flameblast Totems Inquistor 7/10 - broken dmg, could run literally every mod, but I hate to wait for 10 stack FB (totems always use full stacks). Gonna try totems once again, but with not channeling skill this time
I've done way too many builds to remember them all. But the ones that stick out are.

Marauder - Leap Slam: 2/10 - My first build when OB released, it was fun but only made it to the ledge in cruel.

many noob faliures until...

Scion: EK 4/10 - EK was super clunky but was my first "successful" build. Used it to farm Dominus for Shavs, I made over 350 exalts just from Shavs drops.

Witch: Freezing Pulse 3/10 - Not very memorable, I don't even remember how far I got with her.

Ambush League
Templar: Flame Totem 5/10 - Shotgun meta, my first map viable character.

Ranger: COC 5/10 - Still Shotgun meta, a million projectiles all over the screen

Ranger: COC quill rain 7/10 - Same as above only more procs per second.

Break taken at the start of rampage league to play Hellgate: Global and Warframe

Talisman League
Witch: Chaos Flame Totem 8/10 - Chaos Meta, This was actually my first Atziri Kill.

Templar: Molten Strike Mjolner Discharge 10/10 - I got lucky while grinding in the dried lake and found 6 Brittle Emperors. Seizure inducing fun, Sky high DPS.

Perandus League
Inquisitor: Vaal Spark 8/10 - Currency farmer

Chieftain: Sire of Shards Flame Totem 6/10 - Decent DPS, loads of fun covering the entire screen with fire.

Assassin: COC Quill Rain 7/10 - Still loads of fun even after the shotgun nerf.

Elementalist: Scold's Chaos Flameblast/Vaal Molten Shell 9/10 - Strong but not a fan of the flameblast playstyle, built to run the reflect maps that the COC character couldn't.

Prophecy

Assassin: Hegemony's Era Crit Ice Crash 4/10 - Experimental build, Fun but lackluster damage. Build re-purposed to my build that I planned for the league.

Assassin: Reach of the Council Tornado Shot 9/10 - Loads of damage but probably my most glass-cannon-y build ever.

Essence League

Deadeye: Slivertoungue Ice Shot 1/10 - This one was a complete failure.

Assassin: Starforge Lacerator 9/10 - Loads of fun. Superb DPS.

Slayer: Wormblaster the 3rd - First time I ever used someone else's tree instead of planning my own. RSI inducing fun. I must've been kicked from the server a hundred times.

Breach

Raider: Bino's Blade Flurry 5/10 - Got lucky and found a Bino's Early on. Fun, decent damage, but I sort of scrapped it for currency when the price of Bino's was skyrocketing.

Berserker: Atziri's Disfavor Bleeding Earthquake 7/10 - loads of fun but felt way too squishy being life-based.

Gladiator: Varunastra Max Block(78%) with The Surrender 7/10 - Insane survivability, mediocre dps. It felt like I was playing old-school PoE.

Iquisitor: HoWA Blade Flurry 10/10 - Boatloads of DPS (Vaal Haste for even more), CI + Vaal Pact + Vinktar + Vaal Discipline + Vaal Haste for near invincibility, Skyforth for general stun immunity. My first Shaper kill. I ripped so many sets to learn the mechanics of the fight. Also buggy Rigwald makes the fight unnecessarily difficult.
Last edited by Megatyrant on Feb 28, 2017, 10:38:39 AM
"
Megatyrant wrote:

Scion: EK 4/10 - EK was super clunky but was my first "successful" build. Used it to farm Dominus for Shavs, I made over 350 exalts just from Shavs drops.

Wtf thats crazy... i totally missed this opportunity.
"
brunowa wrote:
"
Megatyrant wrote:

Wtf thats crazy... i totally missed this opportunity.

This was back in the days when gear was way more expensive, the T1 rarity items were a lot harder to find back then and shavs were going for like 45+ exalts without links. I was jobless and the guild was no-lifing PoE (16 hours a day). Full party and a Culler that was stacked to the brim with quanity+rarity.
Last edited by Megatyrant on Mar 1, 2017, 11:32:10 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1510181

milkys double RF totem build 9/10, starts kinda slow but owns everything with fairly mediocre gear
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on Mar 1, 2017, 1:02:20 PM
Anything I did pre-2017 0/10

Typically build them myself. Once I am quite a ways through I look at other builds for improvements.

8/10 Witch- Minion Lorde. raging spirits, zombies, skelly totem. faceroll, boring

9/10 Witch- Ice Queen. GMP FP, Glascial Cascade for single target, GMP Arctic breath totem. Don't take damage bc everything is instant perma froze.

Shadow: same toon and very similar tree on last two, different gems, gear.

7/10 ED/Contagion/wither. decent clear, sucks against boss. sucks bad against breaches

10/10 Firestorm and Flameblast cwc Firestorm. with consuming dark dagger(30% of fire to chaos, chaos poisons) and tree set up for ED/contagion. Melts everything, leeches. Far superior to ED/Contagion, not even close. will never use ED/contagion again because of how much better this was.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info