[Guide] Path of Exile, Steam, and account linking

So I'm trying to link an email address to my steam account but every time I click the link the email I get a page that says"
"
Failed to update email address
Please ensure that you visited the correct link that was emailed to you.If you are sure that the link is correct you can try clicking here to get a new link sent to you.

Thing is I did it three times now and each time it's failed.
Open to suggestions at this point.
Support player XD Find my stream at https://www.twitch.tv/wigglymustache
"
RidiculeMe wrote:
So I'm trying to link an email address to my steam account but every time I click the link the email I get a page that says"
"
Failed to update email address
Please ensure that you visited the correct link that was emailed to you.If you are sure that the link is correct you can try clicking here to get a new link sent to you.

Thing is I did it three times now and each time it's failed.
Open to suggestions at this point.

I would suggest double checking that you don't already have an account associated with the email address you're attempting to change it to. This error is usually because you're trying to switch to an email address that is actually already in use!

You're welcome to PM me or email support@grindinggear.com and I can check the email address for you, or you can attempt to link the account up to a different email address that's not already in use.

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
Added a Linux-related question.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Hi, im trying to link my account pos link sent to my email and there is a warning saying that i will lose my stuff. Want to play standalone but cant lose 1000hours
Last edited by carll1 on Aug 11, 2018, 6:29:05 PM
"
carll1 wrote:
Hi, im trying to link my account pos link sent to my email and there is a warning saying that i will lose my stuff. Want to play standalone but cant lose 1000hours

If you are using the Steam client then you already have a Path of Exile account linked to a Steam account, so there’s no reason to use the account linking tool. (What would you link to what?) The tool is for people who aren’t using Steam who would like to begin doing so.

Log out of the forum on that account, then log in using Steam. There’s a button on the log in page. Once you've logged in on the right account, go to Account Management and associate an e-mail address with your account. This'll enable you to use the standalone client.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

Last edited by Sarno on Aug 11, 2018, 10:12:07 PM
Hi, i was trying to leave steam account and play on standalone client. I did your suggestion which is logging in poe website through steam info and changing e-mail adress. It says i will receive an email in my current mail box and that i need to visit the link in it. I have been waiting for more or less 24 hours now and there is no message...

I mailed the support but they answered that they are busy and they will get back :(

Is there any other way i can try?
Unfortunately it sounds like you'll need to wait for them to respond.

From your description of the issue it sounds as if you already have an e-mail address associated with your Path of Exile account, so this isn't a subtly different issue. Try checking the inbox of other / old e-mail accounts which you might have used back in 2016.

----

Thanks alot for your answer. I found out the mail adress i used specifically for this game. I didn't play for a long time so i forgot about its existance.
Glad to hear it! :)

----

Hi, so i started playing on steam few months ago and bought 2 supporter pack and more stuff. I wanted to go on the forum but it seems to be my old account from 5 years ago and i dont have much on it. If i link my current steam account on it, will the 3 low level character from years ago will get deleted to make place to my main steam account or is it the opposite? ( not taking any chance before linking it because i spend a few hundreds dollar on my steam and i wouldnt want it to be erased)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info