Apparently even just 5% increased radius is considered 'going all-in on aoe' to GGG.

I love how they have turned explanations into long windy ones all to avoid mentioning the simple formula where previously area was obtained using the square of radius. However they go so far to avoid it that their explanation becomes inaccurate and i think at times outright misleading.

".. the area of the skill increasing geometrically.."

I mean, holy rofl - that one was gold!

But also the supposed stated goal makes no sense because it still scales the area in exactly the same way as before - yes adding 1 additional range will add a larger area the bigger your area already is, but nothing has been done to address that. You only renamed the modifier so that players didn't have to square it to see the actual area increased - an improvement in game accessibility. I know that was the true purpose of that change. In addition to that you nerfed the values and increased many base areas, which means investment in area nodes will be relatively less rewarding than before but that was just an adjustment in itself and had nothing to do with renaming the modifier.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what the explanation is because it's great that you do not need to do further calculations to understand the value of area in game.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 27, 2017, 10:53:56 AM
"
sarahaustin wrote:
GGG should just change stuff without manifesto or patch notes. The whining on the forum from vocal minority players is just sad.

Yep, 80% of those crybabies would be silent because most of those "OMFG YOU BROKE MY BUILD, PATH OF PROJECTILE, FUCK YOU GGG" are about changes that are hardly noticeable.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
GGG should just change stuff without manifesto or patch notes. The whining on the forum from vocal minority players is just sad.

Yep, 80% of those crybabies would be silent because most of those "OMFG YOU BROKE MY BUILD, PATH OF PROJECTILE, FUCK YOU GGG" are about changes that are hardly noticeable.

Exactly. Every damn time something gets changed, even if it just fixes something terribly broken we only get the QQ on here. I remember the aura QQ, i remember the snapshot QQ, its always the same.

I wish we could hide threads we dont want to see actually.
Well, to sum it up, there are some nice buffs, one smaller nerf (EQ) and one skill-butchering nerf (reave)
The same guy that said life is better then es
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
The manifesto literally says that GGG is doing a house sweep for AoE builds.

Speaking of, I wonder how bad the Sweep skill was hit by the AOE changes.
Endgame before: All AOE Nodes & Uniques you can get! 19 Skill Points
Endgame after: One AOE Cluster! 3 or 4 Skill Points

What part of that is a nerf? Skill Points are actually valuable.
"
XerxezBreak wrote:

You will still see some players going after all the AoE nodes & uniques just because they felt this was a global AoE nerf and the diminishing return factor will not fazed them.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
XerxezBreak wrote:

You will still see some players going after all the AoE nodes & uniques just because they felt this was a global AoE nerf and the diminishing return factor will not fazed them.

Well its an incredible buff to everyone that actually understood the changes. Hopefully players will actually adjust their build guides to reflect on this so new players aren't negatively impacting their gameplay by using an outdated guide.
Last edited by XerxezBreak on Feb 27, 2017, 12:41:09 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
XerxezBreak wrote:

Not our problem ^ ^ If they want build their character unsufficient, let them.
Last edited by Aynix on Feb 27, 2017, 12:55:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info