Spectral Throw - season start weapon

I'm thinking about starting new league as ST. Doing my through research about (semi) self found weapons. Which ones would be best for levelling up? After checking weapon types, it looks like 2-handers offer higher dps (roughly by 20% or so), but then, there comes Added X Damage Supports, auras, added flat elemental damage (my brother is coming along as auramancer as well), where higher attack speed might work in favor.

I do not expect myself to find any good/useful uniques early, so most gear will be self found and/or self crafted. If it would e frop, then w/e, equip which gives more dps. But when there's a higher tier available for craft, then, which weapon type should be the first pick?
English is not my native. To grammar nazis, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any occasion for improvement
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 4:47:40 PM
"
neltisen wrote:
I'm thinking about starting new league as ST. Doing my through research about (semi) self found weapons. Which ones would be best for levelling up? After checking weapon types, it looks like 2-handers offer higher dps (roughly by 20% or so), but then, there comes Added X Damage Supports, auras, added flat elemental damage (my brother is coming along as auramancer as well), where higher attack speed might work in favor.

I do not expect myself to find any good/useful uniques early, so most gear will be self found and/or self crafted. If it would e frop, then w/e, equip which gives more dps. But when there's a higher tier available for craft, then, which weapon type should be the first pick?

I have 5k+ h logged on poe, tell me your class choice and I will help you out. Also will be starting as spectral throw, it isnt easy.
If you feel good with no currency 24/7 full ascethic style you should definitely craft something, it doesn't rly matter what, too.
Best price/damage relation from 2h has either Kongro sword or Kaoms Chopper I think, at least in "budget" class of items.

Spoiler
Seriously if you look for something like good gamble which might give u gr8 results with bit of orbs and bit of luck, forget crafting and try to chance skyforths or h.hunterbelt.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Feb 26, 2017, 7:00:49 AM
"
skuadak wrote:
If you feel good with no currency 24/7 full ascethic style you should definitely craft something, it doesn't rly matter what, too.
Best price/damage relation from 2h has either Kongro sword or Kaoms Chopper I think, at least in "budget" class of items.

Spoiler
Seriously if you look for something like good gamble which might give u gr8 results with bit of orbs and bit of luck, forget crafting and try to chance skyforths or h.hunterbelt.

This is a league starter, finding a chance orb would be great. No skyforce, No Kaoms nothing...I wanted to make a ST Raider and it went downhill. Ziggys demigod vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlbL8s3Mf3c

Is probably the best choice and it still is a slow and demanding...
"
FreedomOI wrote:
"
skuadak wrote:

Spoiler

This is a league starter, finding a chance orb would be great. No skyforce, No Kaoms nothing...I wanted to make a ST Raider and it went downhill. Ziggys demigod vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlbL8s3Mf3c

Is probably the best choice and it still is a slow and demanding...

could I read more about that obscure chance orb? What do you mean excatly by "would be great"?
Burn all the orbs!
You got it wrong having a chance orb in A1 will allow u to craft a decent dps bow:

rustic/orb+blacksmith+bow

That would carry u to mid a2.

As I said I made a few test runs and ST is one of the worse starting builds I ever did. Makes scion starter look great.

The only thing about ST I can tell u is, dont ever lvl up as ST(in a fresh league, with a few items its facerole)

Granted 1h weapons will be pushed in Legacy so it might be possible...
just trans it, that rustic doesn't have to be rare, does it?
I admit I'm not sprinter, so I might miss some stuff here.
Burn all the orbs!
"
skuadak wrote:
just trans it, that rustic doesn't have to be rare, does it?
I admit I'm not sprinter, so I might miss some stuff here.

No missing trans is the usual deal. I will phrase it that way:

Ziggy made it to a2 in 30 mins, best start I got was 32. If I take a Witch/Templar/Shadow start I could easily do it in 20. It got worse after that. Having a additional chance in A1 will allow u to craft the bows linked 2 ur lvl.
Well, sorry for this loads of help from me %), srsly I din't get what's up in this topic.
Burn all the orbs!
"
skuadak wrote:
Well, sorry for this loads of help from me %), srsly I din't get what's up in this topic.

Iam drunk and love talking about poe ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info