[2.6] Viper Strike Berserker - Theorycraft for Feedback

Pre-jewel nerf I made a theory on Abyssal Cry VS Berserker where I'd use VS to trigger the explosions and also to deal massive amounts of chaos damage and melt bosses, I deleted the character after the merge but I still have the 6Ls I used for it. (they're on Hardcore)

I stacked 3x Growing Agony going all the way to Shadow and Ranger area, had quite decent HP pool and 25% instant recovery every 2 seconds with warcry is *huge*.

Theory was, Viper Strike poison lasts 8s so you can stack much more than you usually do on the 2s from other sources. With x3 4% inc attack speed per poison stack jewel, my attack speed was really insane 12 attacks PER SECOND!

I made it only to lvl 72 so it could be better later on ... Even tho I was killing Voll like I was a lvl 100, I couldnt properly farm lakes with the explosions, cause I couldnt trigger the explosions ...

Multistrike AI is really retarded and my guy was literally attacking each mob twice taking like 30% hp from each one, switching Fortify into Splash only made it feel like ... 10% better. I got really dissapointed and I hope Multistrike AI gets reworked someday and we can finally play single target melee!.

Anyway, Idk, if you wanna buy any of the body armors to test yourself, lemme know.

Edit: Claw and Shield I used
Pity the emperor who sits alone on his throne.
Last edited by Clinkzss on Feb 28, 2017, 9:03:22 PM
i have this funny feeling that viper strike will be nerfed. I see lots of rubberband effects going on lately. However I was going to do a viper strike build myself, but with a shadow and marylenes fallacy instead. Maybe do a 1 billion dps guy with abyssus.
"
valares wrote:
I checked some numbers: best way to scale Viper strike is through duration of poison via duration gem (replace it with melee splash for clear), duration cluster and temp chain on hit gloves/tempchain selfcast. I managed to theorycrafted 1.1M (0.5M without frenzy charges) dps against the shaper with 2 flasks (sulphur + sin's rebirth) and stacked Wither with totem, using best weapon for double dip - The Scourge.
Only 4 jewels with life/damage/as (about 30-60c each)
Also its with max block, 35k armour 5.5k hp aegis gladiator with 1k es. With berserker non-block build (2x The Scourge) it will be a lot higher dps (around 2.2M with 2 flasks + wither totem and against shaper - 6M against non-boss targets) and life (7-8k) + VP + 100% leech (meaning u can facetank shaper's beam), and bigger armour or eva/dodge with raider with easy charges.

Some other stuff - only chaos damage jewellery without envy essence's crafts, Belly, good, but not exceptional gear (probably within 20 chaos each slot, except 6l belly). Path of building says (about gladiator build) - its 250k dmg per poison stack on shaper/guardians, so you just need to hit enemy for 2 seconds (5 aps) to kill everything (however - with 20 stacks of wither). I wouldnt recommend new threshhold jewel unless you dont have currency for sin's rebirth.
Also Added chaos gem, Void Manipulation for double dipping, Rapid Decay, Faster attacks (Multistrike is bad because it double dips on less damage), Increased duration.

Ive been looking at doing this with a gladiator block build, any chance i could see the tree you used for these numbers?
"
Viobolt wrote:

Ive been looking at doing this with a gladiator block build, any chance i could see the tree you used for these numbers?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAH11BnAqTaLZTUZvhL3myBSJ4I1973qplSDjhO8s6S_MN9S00cC_X5gOQ2KsdoJTu5stX9oA7lWFkvcKJg-rJpWjioaz_rrrY0rIGNu9NoTFtMWK8Hiu9qNaGmLsOq1qjD7PTZLPMl85SO5ZbVVL5lisr3p_tUgj9trBCTP4AgUtwzq-p_VvFSBHfrCrKaVJE9NvCC5EnsSCnaoZtC4jhNntP3rvLlPRNi2DwYLNX7Gz7YMGi2Hik5k2PSSLpcuw2GyMPydAoBa_DPdRRz3i4ix08TB8GY6THyyFdO0brQW1_xxOn5u1AF6Nv9N-yAwhYMLsu54RL2VN
"
Viobolt wrote:

You need Temporal Chain on hit gloves or self cast, or blasphemy, also 2 auras - Grace and Determination, Wither totem is a must. Flame golem increases damage too. Also damage is calculated with 2 flasks - sins rebirth (you can add threshhold jewel to bypass this requirement) and Sulphur flask with 40% dmg implicit. Weapon - The Scourge, chest - Belly of the Beast.
Last edited by valares on Mar 1, 2017, 7:51:59 AM
"
i have this funny feeling that viper strike will be nerfed. I see lots of rubberband effects going on lately. However I was going to do a viper strike build myself, but with a shadow and marylenes fallacy instead. Maybe do a 1 billion dps guy with abyssus.

And because viper strike is melee, you will die very very often and fast. Abyssus alone will make u cry. Going crit leaves no place for life. Only option is CI, which maybe is a viable build. But again Abyssus makes every bleed very dangerous.
"
valares wrote:
"

And because viper strike is melee, you will die very very often and fast. Abyssus alone will make u cry. Going crit leaves no place for life. Only option is CI, which maybe is a viable build. But again Abyssus makes every bleed very dangerous.

You use lightning coil and endurance charges to balance abyssus, and life is easy to get in crit builds.
Marylenes fallacy is crap though.
Last edited by plaguefear on Mar 1, 2017, 9:40:52 PM
What are the best 6L setups for Viper Strike Clear & Single Target?

Single Target
Viper Strike + Melee Physical + Void Manipulation + Rapid Decay + Increased Duration + Faster Attacks

Clear:
Viper Strike + Melee Physical + Void Manipulation + Rapid Decay + Melee Splash + Multistrike

Seems tedious to be swapping 2 gems every time you get to a boss, is there a better way to approach this? Weapon Swap? Second setup in chest with a 5L for clear <insert melee phys skill that benefits from all of the 2-handed sword nodes we have>.
I'm going with VS for legacy league but as a Slayer. Leech and CS at 20% are too good. Only downside for me is that I'll have to go with a 2handed and the options are not so many. Cherrubim, Carnage Heart and the jewel are a big boost. If only I can put my hands to a starforge.
"
Revol82 wrote:
If only I can put my hands to a starforge.

Edge of Madness may be a good weapon to keep an eye out for now. They added a large chunk of flat damage as you level. I would have to math it some (and you would want a decently high ilvl one to get 6s), but the large chaos damage / added physical with the increased phys / chaos may make it comparable.

At the very least Edge of Madness looks like it would be a great leveling / early maps weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info