Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Trying for a build, could use some help

Lacking of life on a lot of your gear. Boosting that will assist your survivability greatly.

Also, your characters tab is hidden, which prevents us from looking from your passive tree.

Upgrade your bow to the Prism. Or just buy one flat out. They're not too expensive, nor is the Jeweller's Touch prophecy to 5L it.

Start by capping your Resistances and getting more Life. Phys Damage is nice and all, but you wont be doing any damage if you're dead. Get those on your Amulet, Rings, and Gloves later.

Your gem links are also incorrect.

Lightning Arrow blows as a single target attack, which is why you're supposed to have multiple setups in this build.

Lighting Arrow/Tornado Shot - LMP/GMP (MANDATORY) - Weapon Elemental Damage - Physical Projectile Attack Damage - [X]

Last slot can be your choice of: Pierce, Chain, Faster Attacks or Inc. Critical Strikes.

The reason why LMP/GMP is mandatory is because without it, Lightning Arrow is weak. The who point to abuse LA is to have multiple LAs hit a huge cluster of mobs, so the AOE spreads between the tightly packed group, causing a ton of overlapping AOEs, which in turn bombards all the targets caught.

Pierce and Chain are both optional choices here, but do note that if you use both, you must know that:
If an arrow PIERCES, it will NOT CHAIN. Pierce will always override Chain in priority. From my personal experience, Pierce is better, especially since you're using a Drillneck.

You need a single target setup.

Barrage/Blast Rain - Weapon Elemental Damage - Physical Projectile Damage as a base.

If you're using Blast Rain, use Concentrated Effect and Faster Attacks/Inc. Critical Strikes

If you're using Barrage, use Pierce, Faster Attacks/ Inc. Critical Strikes,

Your Curse Setup

Split Arrow - Chain - Curse on Hit - [Curse of Choice]

You don't want to use Blasphemy, since you want to stay at a range (unless you're going Point Blank) and you'd rather save your mana for other Auras.

Aura Setup

Hatred - Herald of Ice/Ash

That's all you need. If you want to, you can do a Blasphemy Curse setup instead, but that's up to you. Herald of Ice is better if you can crit constantly.

CWDT Setup

Cast When Damage Taken (Lvl 1) - Immortal Call (Lvl 1) - Increased Duration - [X]

Some people are lazy and put in Blood Rage or their Golem there. I'd say put in Vaal Haste there, and self cast your Golem/Blood Rage. That way you have much more control of them.

Last edited by Sentilial on Feb 21, 2017, 1:01:27 PM
Passive skill tree build

There's my passive tree.

Yeah I need to upgrade my resistances. I'm trying to work towards a secondary skill. I never really considered manually using a golem for more control. I got so used to it just showing up. I'll have to try that out.
"
Socos wrote:
Passive skill tree build

There's my passive tree.

Yeah I need to upgrade my resistances. I'm trying to work towards a secondary skill. I never really considered manually using a golem for more control. I got so used to it just showing up. I'll have to try that out.

I see a few unnecessary nodes on the tree. Essence Sap is fine, but I think the Duelist Leech nodes should serve you better.

Prioritize getting the Life nodes ASAP, and then the Jewel nodes. Jewels are really powerful. A single Jewel Node is stronger than any regular node, and on par with most Notable nodes.
I'll definitely have to play with some options since I'll need prism and then the barrage setup.

Glad I have saved all of my refund points haha.
Since I saw you mention rat's nest earlier... with that low an amount of max life, you could instead go for starkonja's head. Has a bit of crit and attack speed aswell, but offers a pretty nice life roll in addition.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Since I saw you mention rat's nest earlier... with that low an amount of max life, you could instead go for starkonja's head. Has a bit of crit and attack speed aswell, but offers a pretty nice life roll in addition.

Thanks! I'll probably do that if I can get a decent one. Rat's Nest always seemed meh
You can build an effective doomfletch prism build without going Crit so no need for Rat Nest, a rare eva helm with life an resist will do. You only need one node of crit (King of the Hill) so that you will proc Elemental overload often enough.
"
FCK42 wrote:

Thanks! I'll probably do that if I can get a decent one. Rat's Nest always seemed meh.

I'm not sure if my armor is ideal. I mean its pretty good to me. And as for rings, what is the PC right now for Deafening Essence of Contempt? I realized I only have 1 weeping :/
"
Socos wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

Thanks! I'll probably do that if I can get a decent one. Rat's Nest always seemed meh.

I'm not sure if my armor is ideal. I mean its pretty good to me. And as for rings, what is the PC right now for Deafening Essence of Contempt? I realized I only have 1 weeping :/

For Armor a Darresso is pretty good, it will keep generating EC and then just setup a CWDT-IC and you'll have a life saving emergency protection against big hits and those annoying porcupines.
"
Socos wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Socos wrote:
Where would be an ideal place or what method should I use to get the jewelery?

Your best options would be steel rings, together with essences of contempt. Quite expensive, but they pack a serious punch.

I actually think I have a decent amount of those in my stash leftover from the essence league that I never used. I just kept leveling them haha. Now I just need to figure out a decent onyx amulet and figure out a decent Rat's Nest since I can't seem to roll one myself worth anything.

I appreciate all of the feedback from everyone!

Would that help with the ones that do suppressing fire in act 3 and after?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info