Milo "Finally" Crosses The Line

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Budget_player_cadet - the irony here is that you'd be defending him if he was on the left.

For what? His constant misogyny? His transphobia? His harassment campaigns? Find me someone on the left who regularly sends an army of trolls after people for the crime of not liking them, and I will gladly denounce that person. Find me someone on the left who says shit like this:

"
When men start checking out en masse, as is already happening, you can say good-bye to all of society’s best astrophysicists, mathematicians, philosophers, composers and chess players. Scientific progress will effectively stall, because men are just as happy beating a video game as they are solving the riddles of the universe — and they’ll take the entertainment option if they have no interest in impressing women.

Women will not take men’s places in these disciplines, because there simply aren’t enough women with IQs over 120. Again, sorry if you find that offensive, but it’s just a fact. IQ isn’t a perfect measure, by any means, but it’s the best gauge we have of whether someone can perform the higher-level functions needed to be a game-changing scientist or transcendently brilliant artist.

I will gladly denounce that person. I'm a man, and I'm insulted twice by that - once by the implication that I'd only be interested in solving the mysteries of the universe for the sake of poon, and once by the fact that the fuckwit who said this is a man, and I somehow share both a species and gender with that fucking disgrace of a human being!

Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
libs are dam mad tonight.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Thanks, you just proved my point Budget.

Anyone who commands an "Army of Trolls" is pretty much unstoppable as far as the internet goes. In other words, you're out of your league here.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 22, 2017, 3:23:05 PM
@Budget_player_cadet

would you mind watching your language and keep it at least PG 13, you're triggering the little liberal inside me.
So I've been giving this Milo thing some additional thought.

First, I've had a pre-existing axe to grind on the infantilizing of young men and women in Western culture. I still think this is a significant issue, but to be honest, it's a tangent, a desirable (from my perspective) derail. But by no sane standard is a 13-year-old able to properly give consent (fuck you, Mexico), so it fails to be relevant to the thread subject. That said...

I despise John McCain. Yeah, I know he was a prisoner of war; I'm sure it was a traumatic experience, and I sympathize with it. However, McCain's actions as a Senator have promoted war, particularly ground war against guerilla forces. It's almost as if he's trying to create for our young, military-age men the circumstances which led to the sort of abuse McCain suffered. But McCain gets a pass from the faux-patriotic flag-waving Right, because his vinctimhood grants him hero status; on the topic of war particularly, this status makes McCain seemingly unquestionable.

But not by me; I question it. And I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't stand against similar behavior in others.

The key problem with what Milo said is: he is pointing to a sexual relationship he had at age 13 with a much older priest, and saying it was a positive experience he is thankful for. Furthermore, on the Joe Rogan show, when Joe says he luckily wasn't molested during his time in Catholic school, Milo responds “What do you mean you got lucky? You got unlucky! You didn’t get that taste of… Like I said earlier, if it weren’t for Father Michael, I would have given far less good head.” This, in particular, is not a personal statement — it is a glorification of a certain form of pedophilia. He is saying (Catholic) pedophilia can be a desirable experience for victims, even people like Joe Rogan.

We cannot give Milo a pass on normalizing pedophilia simply because he was an unfortunate victim of it. We might not know the intent of his words here, but the effect is unquestionably evil and should be fought as such.

Milo has stood against pedophilia — as long as it isn't Catholic. He's led campaigns exposing three dangerous, non-priest pedophiles, admittedly three more than most of his critics. But the identity of Milo's abuser (presumably about 48 years old currently) remains confidential.

Milo's comments were abominable and despicable. They demanded an apology, and one was half-heartedly given... but we should not accept such a weak display of repentance. He didn't apologize for the core problem, and instead dodged it with vague words. He now acknowledges he's a victim and wants to play the victim card, as if that matters. He claimed sympathy for the victims without acknowledgement that his words promoting pedophilia could have encouraged pedophiles and helped create victims.

So yeah, fuck Milo. I don't give a fuck if he was a victim himself. To a large extent this world is a shitty place precisely because victims cope with their trauma by perpetuating the very abuse they suffered. It's not an excuse, I'm not going to accept it, and I'm not going to accept his bullshit press conference. Fuck him.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 22, 2017, 4:21:40 PM
*sigh*

I tried to help them, time and again. I won't waste my words for deaf ears anymore. Have fun boiling in your own vitriol, you know who you are.

edit: not aimed at Scrotie, just to avoid misunderstandings as I posted just after him
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 22, 2017, 3:30:06 PM
"
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Budget_player_cadet - the irony here is that you'd be defending him if he was on the left.

For what? His constant misogyny? His transphobia? His harassment campaigns? Find me someone on the left who regularly sends an army of trolls after people for the crime of not liking them, and I will gladly denounce that person. Find me someone on the left who says shit like this:

"
When men start checking out en masse, as is already happening, you can say good-bye to all of society’s best astrophysicists, mathematicians, philosophers, composers and chess players. Scientific progress will effectively stall, because men are just as happy beating a video game as they are solving the riddles of the universe — and they’ll take the entertainment option if they have no interest in impressing women.

Women will not take men’s places in these disciplines, because there simply aren’t enough women with IQs over 120. Again, sorry if you find that offensive, but it’s just a fact. IQ isn’t a perfect measure, by any means, but it’s the best gauge we have of whether someone can perform the higher-level functions needed to be a game-changing scientist or transcendently brilliant artist.

I will gladly denounce that person. I'm a man, and I'm insulted twice by that - once by the implication that I'd only be interested in solving the mysteries of the universe for the sake of poon, and once by the fact that the fuckwit who said this is a man, and I somehow share both a species and gender with that fucking disgrace of a human being!

That Milo quote is funny because it's not wrong. IQ distribution shows women are more in the middle of the bell curve while men have many more outliers toward both ends of the curve.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:

That Milo quote is funny because it's not wrong. IQ distribution shows women are more in the middle of the bell curve while men have many more outliers toward both ends of the curve.

Tell me about it. Reminded me of GM Nigel Short getting a ton of flak by enraged feminists for saying a truth well-known by any chess player ever and documented in a hundred years of chess history - the strongest men chess players are noticeably better than the strongest women.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 22, 2017, 4:39:01 PM
"
Bars wrote:

Tell me about it. Reminded me of GM Nigel Short getting a ton of flak by enraged feminists for saying a truth well-known by any chess player ever and documented in a hundred years of chess history - the strongest men chess players are noticeably better than the strongest women.

You might want to tone down that misogyny. I'm literally shaking right now.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

You might want to tone down that misogyny. I'm literally shaking right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info