Molten Shell

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.6 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Aug 1, 2021, 6:16:11 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
17 marauder. My build is very hp-heavy going for blood-magic.

Unfortunately the damagereflect on my gear is making it hard to judge exactly how good the shell is, but so far it seems very efficient against both a lot of small guys and against bosses. My damage from shell and damagereflect is significantly higher than my weapon-damage at the moment! :-)
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
Do passive damage reductions from things like endurance charges make it harder to pop the shield?
Keyblades!
I presume this is AoE skill. What is it's range? more like sweep or nova?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
The range seems to be similar to Minion Instability explosion. Pretty much everything nearby gets nuked.
I can see from analyzing the defense tab of the character screen that the 30% Buff Effect passives are increasing the amount of armor gained by the expected amount. Good.

Now what I can't see is if the Buff Effect passives are also increasing the amount of damage it takes before the Shell explodes? Because that would be not so good.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
What will the increased effect actually do for these skills? Which part (or even both) of Phase Rune is improved? How do you improve on being invulnerable from Immortal Call, etc.
All numerical values are increased. So both parts of phase run benefit.
Boolean states like invulnerable can't be "increased" so there will be no noticeable difference.

This response from another thread seems to suggest yes, as the "damage before breaking" is a numerical value.
Does it increase the damage dealt, either? it's not really a buff, but it's part of the buff's effects in a sense...
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
Does it increase the damage dealt, either? it's not really a buff, but it's part of the buff's effects in a sense...

*(Since the crit chance is listed at the top of the tooltip you can be assured this is a spell)*, and not a skill. That said, the damage portion of the spell is different than the buff effect it causes.

Any increase to spell damage, general fire damage, general elemental damage (not weapon elemental), or Area of Effect damage will increase the damage dealt for Molten Shell.

*edit*
Check the tooltip for if it deals "main hand damage" or not. If it does, then consider it a skill, otherwise a spell. Just noticed that the crit rule is broken by a few complicated skills (infernal blow, detonate dead, lightning strike).
Last edited by Lo4f on Feb 11, 2012, 4:14:27 PM
Wish that it would blow up at end of duration and could be casted on minions.
"
Envor wrote:
Wish that it would blow up at end of duration and could be casted on minions.

I definitely wish it would detonate at the end of duration, but their was once a passive that was supposed to allow party members to be affected by buffs, I hope it comes back as a keystone
-Meteoric Destiny!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info