Molten Shell

hi, i was just wondering why molten shell linked to spell totem doesnt continuously cast molten shell, like any other skill linked to spell totem? it just casts it once and wait there. i dont even think its supposed to be that way and its a bug.
"
mgasper0 wrote:
hi, i was just wondering why molten shell linked to spell totem doesnt continuously cast molten shell, like any other skill linked to spell totem? it just casts it once and wait there. i dont even think its supposed to be that way and its a bug.

There is no reason for it to spam Molten Shell; that would only make it extremely unlikely to actually do anything.
cant say i agree. i want to make a self cast molten shell totem build, u know, scolds and everything. scolds works for totems. other skills are cast ontinuously, so i dont see a reason why molten shell wouldnt work like that too.
3.3.0 patchnotes:
=(
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on May 30, 2018, 2:46:33 AM
Are there any plans to either change or reword the Molten shell buff effect helm enchant? As far as I can tell the enchant only increases the amount of bonus armor, but the buff is much more than that now, and the wording of the enchant could easily be misunderstood to increase the damage absorption.
Let's say I somehow got 50k armour on a level 28 character (if you know what I mean) so now I have 13K+ eHP. Am I suppose to have that? Seriously?
The buff Maximum damage taken should be scaled with gem level. This is ridiculous. CwDT and level 10 Molten Shell is more effective than 21/23 + lv4 Empower Steelskin.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jul 8, 2019, 9:00:38 PM
My only suggestion for this skill would be to offer some alternate MTX for those who have been looking at the stock MS for years. Stygian Molten Shell, maybe?

It'll be interesting to see if MS gets reworked alongside armour changes in 3.9/4.0. Currently, MS is the BiS Guard skill for any armour-based build that doesn't heavily rely on Endurance charges (basically any non-Jugg melee build).
Last edited by Gwonam on Nov 7, 2019, 6:01:28 PM
3.12 now.

Is Molten Shell capable of igniting ?
Character sheet says yes, PoB says yes, but it doesn't seem to work...
Please. No more labyrinth.
Make it able to ignite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info