So I went for a bicycle ride.

I enjoy bike rides, it's a great pastime as I approach the golden years of life.

I can bike for miles, there are several popular cycle routes in my area, 11 mile, 16 mile, 21 mile, 28 mile and two multi-marathon rides of 62 mile and 80 mile.

I have my favourites but I mix and match depending on how much time I can dedicate in a day. I'm at my absolute happiest, however, doing one of the two multi-marathons.

I enjoy the fresh air, the scenery is gorgeous, and I just like cycling.

I was 27 mile out doing the 80 mile route a few weeks ago and passing through a village when 3 young local lads appeared along side me, pulling wheelies, bunny hopping and doing all sorts of young lad type things. Then it turned a bit strange.

"Nice boneshaker" one said. "Hey, Grandad, go any slower and you'll fall off" said another. "Want a push? It will take you hours to get anywhere at this rate" "What's your 1 mile speed record time?" etc, etc. The insults just kept coming. Then they started to get more personal, "Why you riding by yourself?" "You think you are too good for us?" "Anti-social bastard!!"

I tried to explain that I was in no rush, that this was a pastime, I enjoy the scenery. One of them then said they would go and get their dad to pick me up in his van and take me to my destination for £50. I politely refused the offer but thanked them, anyway. To which I was met with more insults, "Special snowflake" "Attention seeker" "Look at me making life harder for myself just to get a fake sense of achievement" "Old fucker can't even do 1 mile in under 5 mins, this is gonna take him hours"

I ignored them from this point, the insults continued but after a while they rode off.

What's your opinion of these guys?
Casually casual.

Last bumped on Feb 16, 2017, 4:44:16 AM
Watch out for those nasty mail boxes that get in the way of your bike riding.

Edit: forum moderator should move this to the non-PoE topics forum.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Feb 9, 2017, 8:38:33 AM
I bike about 10,000 miles a year.

I play PoE.

Don't see how the two are related.
My opinion is they were casual dickheads, and you'd forgotten the pair at home.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I'm of the opinion you'd enjoy a less tryhardy neighborhood, and also that muting would be extremely useful in RL too.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 9, 2017, 8:41:49 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I bike about 10,000 miles a year.

I play PoE.

Don't see how the two are related.

10K miles ridden, 10K maps challenge completed. Other than that it's complete opposite, 10K miles ridden is healthy, 10K maps completed is unhealthy.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Watch out for those nasty mail boxes that get in the way of your bike riding.

Edit: forum moderator should move this to the non-PoE topics forum.

It's a metaphor for leveling.
"
jetinha wrote:
It's a metaphor for leveling.

It's an analogy of PoE and the community.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
It's an analogy of PoE and the community.

You haven't really expected us to play along, have you? :)

Was that some recent event or just a fictional manifestation of the vibe you're getting over the years?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Was that some recent event or just a fictional manifestation of the vibe you're getting over the years?

There was a recent event, there always will be, because that's how it has always been.

I'd be surprised if anyone in the PoE community didn't see the subjects in the OP as pathetic little shits, but a vast majority of them will act exactly the same in PoE.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info