So I went for a bicycle ride.

"
Vhlad wrote:

Here's a better example:
An old guy is cycling with oval wheels. This is fine. There's nothing wrong with enjoying something odd. But then the old guy either (a) starts complaining that it's too hard and takes too long to get to where he wants to go or (b) posts a video online showing off how quick and amazing his bike with oval wheels is. Now some young people tell him to use circular wheels instead, and show him what can be done with circular wheels. But the stubborn old guy likes oval wheels, and is absolutely determined to cycle with oval wheels only. The young people just assume the old guy is crazy and let him cycle however he likes, but they tell the kids watching to stick with circular wheels.

That's odd, I've never seen TheAnuhart ask for help :P

If you happen to be referring to me, you might have made too many assumptions about what the purpose of my posts were. "Quick and amazing" is not what I'd say I was going for - more like "rideable." The videos were posted on Charan's request - hardly showing off, in my mind. Additionally, "viable for endgame" - I often assume that readers know that "viable" is in the eye of the beholder. Originally I was going to add a backstory to my post about Charan, but was too lazy. Charan is a guy who beats Merciless and is literally done with the game. The fact that TGU went further than that is as "viable for endgame" as you can get within the frame of reference of someone like that.

Other than that, I haven't seen any SSF/hipster builders "show off" their "amazing" build speed either! The closest I've seen is, if I recall correctly, Aim_Deep saying people need to stop lusting after 6Ls, because he can steamroll T15s with Nycta's Lantern.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Naw I wasn't referring to anyone or anything specific. Just responding to the OP where he makes it seem like efficiency seekers/promoters are disrespectful and abusive savages who want to elevate themselves at the expense of others.

When I see build criticism I don't interpret it that way. I interpret it as a desire to help.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Vhlad wrote:

When I see build criticism I don't interpret it that way. I interpret it as a desire to help.

This is true, I do see a fair amount of "tough love" in the forums sometimes where someone posts a terrible build, and people tell that person where they went wrong, and it's perceived as an attack where they're just saying "hey, if you do this, you'll get more power." More often than not, I see it in Feedback and Suggestions, where people say some enemy is OP because they couldn't handle it, and they reveal that their defenses and/or damage are significantly inoptimal.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

What's your opinion of these guys?

I think they are just people, like you and me, which basically means they are defunct by default.

Praise the heavens you have different defects or something?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
There are all kinds of people, sure. For example, this announcement reminded me of last race weekend when I ran the cutthroat to get the achievement, somehow always missed doing that one for this reason or the other.
Anyway, started the event, got to act 2, gained some levels while looting some crumbs on the way and then went looking for someone to kill and sure enough I did find a few poor souls. The thing is, the moment where you kill someone and then sort through his own crumbs somehow felt sad when I remembered how much luck it took to get something decent to use so after a few encounters I stopped halfway through the event.

However, I'm fairly sure there are quite a few people that enjoy it to indecent levels, laughing maniacally as they sort through the rubbish and use the /dance command on the corpse.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info