Donald Trumps tax plan looks awesome

"
4. No family will have to pay the death tax. You earned and saved that money for your family,
not the government. You paid taxes on it when you earned it.

I never even knew you had to pay taxes twice. How retarded is that? You work hard all ur life and pay taxes all your life and they even more when you die? WTF???

"
2. Simplify the tax code to reduce the headaches Americans face in preparing their taxes and
let everyone keep more of their money.

Yes! Tired of paying accountant $2500 to do mine cause I cant figure shit out.

"
1. If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000,
you will not owe any income tax. That removes nearly 75 million households – over 50% –
from the income tax rolls. They get a new one page form to send the IRS saying, “I win,”
those who would otherwise owe income taxes will save an average of nearly $1,000 each.

Yes should help out people barley getting by.

"
3. No business of any size, from a Fortune 500 to a mom and pop shop to a freelancer living job
to job, will pay more than 15% of their business income in taxes. This lower rate makes
corporate inversions unnecessary by making America’s tax rate one of the best in the world.

huge boon to business which employ us all.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/trump-tax-reform.pdf
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 4, 2017, 11:51:59 PM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2017, 5:34:11 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
4. No family will have to pay the death tax. You earned and saved that money for your family,

I never even knew you had to pay taxes twice. How retarded is that? You work hard all ur life and pay taxes all your life and they even more when you die? WTF???

"
2. Simplify the tax code to reduce the headaches Americans face in preparing their taxes and

"
1. If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000,
you will not owe any income tax. That removes nearly 75 million households – over 50% –
from the income tax rolls. They get a new one page form to send the IRS saying, “I win,”
those who would otherwise owe income taxes will save an average of nearly $1,000 each.

"
3. No business of any size, from a Fortune 500 to a mom and pop shop to a freelancer living job
to job, will pay more than 15% of their business income in taxes. This lower rate makes
corporate inversions unnecessary by making America’s tax rate one of the best in the world.

There is no way you pay 2,500 to have someone do your taxes if you didn't know about any of this.
Last edited by SpanishMonarch on Feb 5, 2017, 12:12:36 AM
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"

"

"

"

There is no way you pay 2,500 to have someone do your taxes if you didn't know about any of this.

Didt plan on dying just yet. I know a lot about taxes but not that.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 5, 2017, 8:08:05 AM
"Death tax" is such a loaded term.

For one, as of current law, it only affects estates >$5.45million. Not counting how much you manage to gift away to family members before you pass. Not counting an entire profession's worth of "estate planning" to mitigate the existing taxes to almost nothing.

For two, double taxation is nothing new. There's nothing anywhere that says "money is only taxable once". As an extreme example, own a $10k car and sell it to a friend and back over and over again. Every time it changes hands, it is taxed.

Lastly, we live in a progressive tax system. The estate/inheritance/death tax's stated goal is to curb the natural power laws that lead to oligarchy, dynasty, and other forms of extreme wealth inequality.

I guess it's still an open discussion (as evidenced by the bulk of these changes), but it's news to me that we want our Gini to continue on the same meteoric path it's been on since the '80s.

---

Any simplification of tax law is a good thing. Granted, it's only as large as it is currently to somewhat mindfuck people into feeling like they're cheating the system when, in reality, everyone is doing the same thing and the expected tax level (which is below the stated tax level) is still being met.

Also allows for a crazy amount of central planning.

For a big example:
- "Say" that you want tax people 30%.
- "Accept" an actual rate of 20%, and make plans/budgets on it.
- Someone makes $100k and doesn't want to pay $30k.
- They go fulfill a bunch of random tax incentives to get $10k worth of credits/deductions.
- They feel superior to what they imagine other people are doing.
- They pay $20k instead of $30k as a result.
- Everyone is happy except the tax code is 15 volumes and is heavy enough to club a seal with.

Why not just ask for 20% directly and provide no credits/deductions?
(Oh right, can't trust people to be smart with their own choices. Authoritarianism fetish.)

---

Overall, this tax plan would be okay if we weren't going $10 trillion deeper into debt with the current budget plan. Kicking the bucket on that fucks us over more than the current taxation does.
IMO all taxes should be 10% flat sales tax. No income tax at all. Penalizes production. But this is step in right direction. Especially that business tax. Thats like lowest in the world should cause lots to come here.

About "debt" stop spending. doh

About "gini" why are we importing refugees and immigrants when we have millions of homeless? And millions in prison who had to resort to crime?

Supply and demand. More labor supply less wages simple as that. Ask China abt gini. its huge.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 5, 2017, 1:16:33 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
IMO all taxes should be 10% flat sales tax. No income tax at all. Penalizes production. But this is step in right direction. Especially that business tax. Thats like lowest in the world should cause lots to come here.

And sales tax penalizes consumption, and is incredibly regressive - it's far more of a tax on the poor than the rich.

"
About "debt" stop spending. doh

Well shoot, why didn't we think of that!

By the way, I hope you don't expect the police or fire department to come help you any time soon. And I hope you have your retirement planned. And I hope you're ready for the substantial increase in criminality that comes when people become increasingly desperate due to the lack of a social safety net. And I hope you don't expect your business to pass any OHSA standards, or for the restaurants you visit to adhere to FDA standards, or for your medicine to undergo rigorous testing to ensure that we don't get another disaster like Thalidomide. And god forbid your hometown gets hit by a hurricane, because FEMA sure ain't gonna pick up the pieces.

I dunno about you, but that sounds pretty shitty to me.

The reason we have such a huge deficit is not "the government is pissing our money away". The reason is that we have told the government, "We want these services, and we are not willing to pay for them". So you tell me. Where do we want to cut?

"
About "gini" why are we importing refugees and immigrants when we have millions of homeless? And millions in prison who had to resort to crime?

Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Feb 9, 2017, 10:03:03 AM
Lol, it will only benefit the rich. Trump doesnt care about the poor.
With regards to that 10% consumption tax suggestion, a couple of refinements:

*Only levy it on retail merchandise, excluding some specific categories like medication and some basic foods and similar necessities. Let's keep Uncle Sam out of our yard sales and flea markets.

*Issue a regular universal rebate to defray a certain estimated burden, in order to protect the poor. Buy more, and more expensive things? You'll still pay.

If the tax has to be a couple of percent higher to account for this, so be it. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
With regards to that 10% consumption tax suggestion, a couple of refinements:

*Only levy it on retail merchandise, excluding some specific categories like medication and some basic foods and similar necessities. Let's keep Uncle Sam out of our yard sales and flea markets.

*Issue a regular universal rebate to defray a certain estimated burden, in order to protect the poor. Buy more, and more expensive things? You'll still pay.

If the tax has to be a couple of percent higher to account for this, so be it. =^[.]^=

We have 7% tax on food and 19% for everything non food in germany. And americans complain about their taxes...even salaries seem better in the US.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
We have 7% tax on food and 19% for everything non food in germany. And americans complain about their taxes...
Market price of a pound of tea
in Boston in 1772: 1 shilling 9 pence
(which was much lower than a decade prior)

British tax of a pound of tea
in Boston in 1772: 3 pence (by weight) (~15%)

Results: Boston Tea Party, Declaration of Independence, Revolutionary War
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 9, 2017, 2:15:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info