[3.3 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide: Zombie Build "Umbrella Corp Apocalypse Build"

Question about Elemental Equilibrium, I've been curious about and people are saying minions don't proc this. Is this not worth taking anymore??
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
Cabdyman5OS wrote:
"
Cabdyman5OS wrote:
I'm new to summoning and have a couple of questions.

1. You say to use 2x Violent Dead Jewels however on your passive tree the only 2 jewel clots you have selected is the starting witch one and then the one by the Strength nodes too the southwest of the starting point of the witch passives. The only way Violent Dead would activate there would be if we grabbed the int sphere up above and Ancestrals Knowledge.

2. I'm a little confused to the skills and such you use. If you could can you list what you used linked to each other. Also what level you prefer your gems to be (Or have to be) for mana use. I watched the video but could really get a good look at your equipment or where you have each thing socketed. Most guides I have read have a visual reference and minimum requirement on each piece of gear listed either in their guide or a link to their actually character so it can be used as a reference. (Keep in mind, this is in know way knocking your guide at all, I love how it plays so far but between the guide and the video this noob is a little lost. Lol).

Hey answered a lot of my own questions but where do you add your second Violent dead at?

You place it with 2 extra skillpoints in the jewel slot north of the witch starter.
I've got that question a few times, I will make a note in the guide for it.

Question, when looking at your skill tree it looks like you dont get Edritch Battery anymore. So should we stay away from energy shield now on our equipment or are you still using it? It seemed like a main fous of the build was to do so but I'm guessing with the main changes to ES in 3.0 its no longer a option? This brings me to my second question:

How do we cast our spells then? With our mana gone to auras we cant use that, so we then do blood magic or ?

Last edited by Cabdyman5OS on Aug 8, 2017, 11:59:07 PM
"
misterfob wrote:
I've been trying this build in 3.0 and have most of the nodes minus the extra minion damage/extra zombie wheel in north west and 2 of the bigger life wheels. On the budget build with the required weapon, shield and boots.

My question is regarding mana costs for zombies and/or their survivability. Without ES over mana, I'm having issues constantly summoning zombies and casting spells. Constantly summoning might mean summoning 5+ zombies after 3 consecutive big fights or needing to replenish 3-5 mid-fight. But with the mana reserved for auras (I have the mana reserved reduction wheel & updated to use 3 auras as per thread update), I can summon 1 at a time and it takes a bit for my mana to regen. So this feels really slow. I have a 5L but can only use 4L due to cost of summoning right now. Also I havent gotten off SRS due to the zombie issue.

Am I missing something regarding their survivability? Should I be summoning so frequently? Should I switch to zombies later (though I dont see the nodes that would help alleviate my issues)? Do I need better gear or more of a stat, like more mana?

My profile should be public to help with what I've got so far. Thanks.

TL;DR : running with zombies is hard cuz they die and i can't resummon fast enough

It's been a common problem before they get higher lvls to actually not be very good at surviving, GGG doesn't understand this so they keep giving them damage.

I would recommend using SRS lvling till they are higher lvl so they can survive the beatings, I looked at your gear and the only thing I can see that would help is their lvl being too low.

"
One4All wrote:
Question about Elemental Equilibrium, I've been curious about and people are saying minions don't proc this. Is this not worth taking anymore??

Minions have never proced EE as they are separate enteties as explained in the "Generic Summoner Mechanic Guide" linked in the thread (at the top). We use any sort of lightning damage ability to proc it as it provides TONS of extra damage for most summoner builds :)

--------------

@Cabdyman5OS:

It used to be the main focus, aye. Now we go pure life. Till your zombies starts surviving the end-game (in higher lvl gems) you'll be able to run 1 less aura to make room for their resummoning. Later on they really shouldn't die.

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
once you get zombies with hp pool around 15k they can survive hydra and chimera easily enough with bone offering

Minotaur and phoenix require more hp , more regen and a larger over arching strategy but are not insurmountable

uber atziri is more or less getting their hp pool large enough to just face tank the doom blasts

the trio is about layering defenses and basically going ham on the titty bitch first

the shaper is really the only "impossible" boss for zombies. since there is nothing you can do to make them survive him

for general mapping , once the zombie hit 20 and you find a decent empower.. you dont even need them in a +helm.

but yeah zombies feel like they have 40% less hp than what they need to be able to use them in maps under leveled

its almost always why i dont level zombies builds as a league opener simple because it is better to buy a q20 zombie off the market , and level it on an off slot. hell i did not start my post prophecy summoner until i had leveled 6 zombie gems on an off hand and corrupted 3 of them to 21.

but that is the long game , with no guarantees of success either

but atleast there are ways around it. not much we can do about their clear speed that doesnt gimp the player them selves.
Why is every Summoner build going full life?
It just means you have to use the baron or your build will be gimped.
When you look at the prices you cant call it a budget build then.

I think going life and ES is the better way, the baron wont be needed.

Zombies are good meatshields and their damage is nice too, but they die against hard bosses.
Often you need a desecrate first to raise them, since offerings need corpses too.

SRS is overall better but they dont give any protection.

So why not use both, you have the meatshields and even more damage than a pure SRS or Zombie build?

SRS on a 6 link +fire or +minion staff and Zombies on a 6 link armor (energy based).

"
Xirce wrote:
Why is every Summoner build going full life?
It just means you have to use the baron or your build will be gimped.
When you look at the prices you cant call it a budget build then.

I think going life and ES is the better way, the baron wont be needed.

Zombies are good meatshields and their damage is nice too, but they die against hard bosses.
Often you need a desecrate first to raise them, since offerings need corpses too.

SRS is overall better but they dont give any protection.

So why not use both, you have the meatshields and even more damage than a pure SRS or Zombie build?

SRS on a 6 link +fire or +minion staff and Zombies on a 6 link armor (energy based).

Hey,

Not necessarily, though you are correct for any life based physical minion. Baron is simply too broken atm, which it always was. People only figured it out when a few of us content creators bothered making a guide with it included.

I had a Keystone approach ZO/MoM/EB before but this was simply better.

Reason we don't use both is because the investment would be wierd for both builds, as in going half-assed in for both. On top of zombies covering the hitboxes of enemies from the SRS or the other way around.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Minions have never proced EE as they are separate enteties as explained in the "Generic Summoner Mechanic Guide" linked in the thread (at the top). We use any sort of lightning damage ability to proc it as it provides TONS of extra damage for most summoner builds :)

So how do you trigger EE with this build? In the video you don't have this node :/
Last edited by foodgy on Aug 9, 2017, 6:54:52 PM
Your build still mentions poison, Ghazzy. In path of building, it's pretty clear that GGG doesn't want minions to do poison damage anymore. So I've taken the elemental approach, and gone with EE and using incinerate with faster proj to proc EE.

I've gotten over 300k pob DPS numbers per Mon'tregul's zombie using phys to lightning gem and hatred aura on generosity. Doing the full strength stack baron/shaper's touch/geofri's sanctuary getting just over 1200 str. I leave in united in dream because the leech helps a lot against bosses like the one in the Lair map.

Thinking about repathing my tree to add necro aegis and drop mon'tregul's or united in dream for lycosidae.

Edit: my preferred spectres is frenzy apes, so I don't need Victario's Charity.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on Aug 9, 2017, 11:47:14 PM
Hi there, just recently started this build. Haven't played POE in a long time.

I'm barely lvl 40 so not much happening. I just wanted to ask about what could I replace "the baron" with.

I got bones of ullr cheaply, but I mean, 200-500 chaos orbs for the baron? I don't have that much currency to buy that one. The build went from cheap, to highly expensive for me.
Thank you Ghazzy for the build, im having quite a smooth painless adventure with it. (i've entered act 8 right now and im 62).

I killed all the bosses without any risk, even Kitava that is feared by everyone was seriously easy, just standing in a corner using desacrate while pets killing her.

The real change is when you can equip the shield at level 50, it make seriously a huge diff DPS wise.

Im still missing "The Baron" and the cutlass sword (using aurumvorax as replacer as you suggest), but i dont really have any issue for now, i suppose the hat is a very good addition but the build is perfectly viable also without if you are not a min/max speedfarmer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info