Proposed Vaal Pact change

IMO, Vaal Pact in its current form is bad for the game. Let's be honest, face tanking everything in the game and ignoring most boss mechanics gets boring rather quickly.

Several players have already proposed changes to Vaal Pact, but all the suggestions seemed... rather exotic. I will try to propose something more straightforward.

So here is the suggestion.

Vaal Pact:
40% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate
200% increased Life Leeched per second
No Life Regeneration

All the numbers are exemplary. Also, every nerf to Vaal Pact should be implemented with a reduction to monster damage.

I understand that there might be conflicting views about this topic, so please feel free to express your opinion.
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 2:08:33 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't know all the proposals but has someone mentioned a hybrid?

How about an instant-leech-buffer? So you can instant-leech (like now) x% of your maximum life + energy shield and it generates slowly back. As long as it is empty you have the normal leech-over-time effect like without VP.

Example:
4000 life and 0 energy shield.
Let x be 200% (so 2x 4000 = 8000 leech-buffer).
You get damage for 3500 damage meaning you have 500 life remaining.
leeching 3500 damage means you have 4000 life and 4500 instant-leech-buffer left.
While fighting you completly deplete your buffer and most of your life.
Now you leech as if you wouldn't have VP until your instant-leech-buffer regenerates.

Sounds probably more complicated than it is. VP would still be strong but you need to regen it from time to time.

Numbers are of course interchangable. ;)
The problem is that currently, Vaal Pact is the way you survive the insane burst damage. If Vaal Pact is re-worked or removed, then a lot of mob damage will have to be also.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
The problem is that currently, Vaal Pact is the way you survive the insane burst damage. If Vaal Pact is re-worked or removed, then a lot of mob damage will have to be also.

It's certainly the easiest way, but not the only one. I can do triple curse guardian maps without vaal pact using my life based max dodge/evasion character and feel like it's at a reasonable level of difficulty.
Inb4 250ms cooldown, cause GGG loves them so much.
And what to do with R.E.F.L.E.C.T ? VP is must have if you planning a crit build.

VP is just problematic with high ES pool builds, otherwise its mostly fine, imo.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Its old position in the tree is the only change it needs. You want them to use it at least you have to invest for it, its way too conviniently placed atm in an area that even its "downside" offers literally no disadvantage. Place it near the duelist/marauder general area and its ok.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:
Its old position in the tree is the only change it needs. You want them to use it at least you have to invest for it, its way too conviniently placed atm in an area that even its "downside" offers literally no disadvantage. Place it near the duelist/marauder general area and its ok.

this
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
They robbed all our mitigation. I used to tank Atiziri clone reflect which is a very hard reflect with no VP back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVFnBniuK8&t=140s (dont laugh at DPS this is like 1.0 or some shit)

Goodluck today. VP needed.

Either that or you scale down all damage, monster attack speeds and reflect so much game is so easy at higher levels. Meh.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 31, 2017, 11:03:07 AM
Guys don't make this complicated as fcuk...

"Life Regeneration applies instantly when life or energy shield has been reduced to low recently"

Taken damage and been brought down to Low life or Low es in past 4 seconds? Instant Leech for the remainder of those 4 seconds.

Stops it being too OP, Stops people abusing it by using low life builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info