Donald Trump and US politics

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I don't subscribe to that. Everyone has a rationale, even if it might not seem rational to others.

Perhaps. If true, I think it can be fairly easily summed up, he's not Hillary Clinton. Doesn't matter that he's totally incompetent or that he's a compulsive lier. I think he also appeals to the baser instincts of his followers.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
Trump is undermining democracy and you defend him? he wont make it past his first term, maybe not even past his first year.
When you say "maybe not even past his first year," you are undermining democracy, e.g. the right of a democratically elected official to their term. Unless you have a rather solid reason to believe you undermining democracy is justified — with the evidence to back it up — then perhaps you should stop being hypocritical.

Youre still denying Trump colluded with Russia? Ok.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
Trump is undermining democracy and you defend him? he wont make it past his first term, maybe not even past his first year.
When you say "maybe not even past his first year," you are undermining democracy, e.g. the right of a democratically elected official to their term. Unless you have a rather solid reason to believe you undermining democracy is justified — with the evidence to back it up — then perhaps you should stop being hypocritical.
So basically you're saying that if someone is democratically elected in (whether by popular vote or the electoral college or however), then in order to honour the democratic system they SHOULD remain in office for the full duration of their elected term regardless of any other factors such as gross incompetence, corruption, fraud, and so on...and by implication, anyone who would say otherwise is disrespecting the democratic system.
Not quite. I am saying that the ousting of an elected official prior to the end of their term represents a wound to democracy, and that solid reasoning backed by tangible evidence is required to justify the infliction of such a wound. Like performing surgery, one requires cause before applying the scalpel. Spurious claims, now those are disrespectful.
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
Not quite. I cannot vouch for Trump, as I have no firsthand knowledge of his every waking moment (and I doubt anyone except Trump has). What I do deny is that I've ever been presented compelling evidence to reasonably conclude that Trump or his association conspired with Russia to perform crimes.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 31, 2017, 5:42:30 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So basically you're saying that if someone is democratically elected in (whether by popular vote or the electoral college or however), then in order to honour the democratic system they SHOULD remain in office for the full duration of their elected term regardless of any other factors such as gross incompetence, corruption, fraud, and so on...and by implication, anyone who would say otherwise is disrespecting the democratic system.
Not quite. I am saying that the ousting of an elected official prior to the end of their term represents a wound to democracy, and that solid reasoning backed by tangible evidence is required to justify the infliction of such a wound. Like performing surgery, one requires cause before applying the scalpel. Spurious claims, now those are disrespectful.
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
Not quite. I cannot vouch for Trump, as I have no firsthand knowledge of his every waking moment (and I doubt anyone except Trump has). What I do deny is that I've ever been presented compelling evidence to reasonably conclude that Trump or his association conspired with Russia to perform crimes.

So Trumps son or son in law Russian connections are not enough? Where is SarahAustin when you need her?
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:

So Trumps son or son in law Russian connections are not enough? Where is SarahAustin when you need her?

Lol Dirk stop larping ffs.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jul 31, 2017, 9:39:51 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:

Lol Dirk stop larping ffs.

Not nearly enough "Lol," posting.
3/10 inaccurate LARP.

---

I wish the bar for impeachment was higher than "I don't like how he presents himself", but the Clinton blowjob kinda screwed that up.

He is incompetent. He is dishonest. That puts him on about the same level as most currently sitting senators and nobody is rushing to impeach them and/or make up Russian scaremongering stories about them.

I'd be in favor of impeachment if he, y'know, did anything. Mostly he just shitposts and goes to rallies. As someone that isn't a fan of the modern GOP (or the modern DNC), doing nothing is the best possible outcome of this 4-year stint.
The Mooch is officially kill. I guess his one and only task was to get rid off Priebus and now Trump doesn't need him anymore?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I don't know about anyone else, but I got whiplash by how fast he was hired and then fired.

I think I like John Kelly if this is how he starts his first day on the job.
"
pneuma wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I got whiplash by how fast he was hired and then fired.

I think I like John Kelly if this is how he starts his first day on the job.

yeah that imploded about as fast as Gregg allman and cher's marriage lol
I dont see any any key!
Next on the job: gay Mooch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info