7k fusings later, a 6L

"
elwindakos wrote:
"
Rumthorp wrote:
I believe you. I could potentially spend 10k fusing on this item and never get a 6l.

The question is why does this exist? What purpose does allowing such horrible RNG decide someone's progression?

Is the lesson to never use fusing orbs to 6l other than with vorici? If that's true then why allow fusing to be used normally in the first place? To trap players?

With pure RNG it's always failure or success. You either beat the odds get get your 6l with less than 1500 or potentially never get it at all unless you spend 1500 on the recipe.

When you've already spent 5000 fusing orbs on a failed 6l it feels wrong to half to cough up another 1500 if you want the pain to stop.

I argue there should be a safety measure built in. After a certain threshold of fusing spent the item should automatically 6l.

Fusings were the initial way to get a 6l.In the past it was way worse.Due to players demand and after many patches,vorici got introduced.

Now,would you even come here to complain if you made 6l with 10 fusings?or hell,1 fusing?i have seen that also.No.You would come here and brag about how lucky you were.OR you would make some exalts easily by trading and noone would have to endure a thread like this talking about the principle of gambling.

No.You dont get to have your guarananteed weighted 6l.By even having that much currency(mind you,a new player that you brought into the argument,wouldnt even dream to have that amount),you made a consious choice to let it in randomness rather than safety of 1500,which is still an enormous amount but its fair when it is guaranteed.

So again,no.You dont deserve a 6l.Next time stop at 5l and be happy with the result,or jsut use it all for making your wet dream come true.

Just dont let this wet thingy be in forum tears

This thread began as a vent but ended up getting me thinking about the nature of fusings and RNG. I've 6l tons of items in the past. Once with 3, another with over 2k. Never over 5k.

Personally, after I see how many fusing this thing will take I will never use them again.

I've never actually used the vorici recipe or considered how its inclusion in the game changes fundamentally the purpose of fusings.

You spoke about how I don't deserve a 6l but you're wrong. You used to be right. As you mentioned fusings were the only way to get a 6l and it was never guaranteed. But ever since vorici anyone with 1500 fusing deserves a 6l. Always, 100% of the time.

Now the only reason to use a fusing is to try to beat the recipe cost. If you get a 6l before using 1500, great! you won! But what happens if you go past 1500? When do you stop and use the recipe? You can potentially never get a 6l this way. Is this worth the risk? After this fiasco I would argue not.

Every fusing you save for the recipe gives you quantifiable progression towards your goal. Every fusing you use on an item vanishes into the ether. Saving for the recipe also prevents your main skills from losing their links and potentially rending your character broken. You will go from 5l to 6l every time. It just doesn't seem like fusings are meant to be used to 6l anymore.

As parts of this game evolve other parts lag behind. We can see easily see the power creep in the skills and unique items GGG releases. Is it such a stretch that currency too falls behind the times?

I suggest adding a safeguard in the amount of fusings you can use to 6l an item. Say over 4000 fusing uses guarentees a 6l. This would keep fusings as a gambling item with the potential to punish those unlucky enough to make it to 4k but also provide a similar guarantee that vorici provides.

IGN: Rumthorp
Stream Channel: www.twitch.tv/rumthorp
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Rumthorp
Last edited by Rumthorp on Jan 29, 2017, 8:30:08 AM
"
Rumthorp wrote:
Ultimately this is a game. If a game sets up scenarios where some of the players can walk away feeling like they just wasted a month and a half then it needs to be changed.

No. That player needs to learn from their mistake and change.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I blame the community for making 6L feel like it was necessary and deserved rather than a bonus for people who got very lucky. If I was a designer, I'd have fusings not work on 5Ls.

I'm glad you aren't a designer because that's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Say you spend 50 ex crafting a chest armour before linking it. If you hit a 5L and can't keep rolling it, you basically brick it.
Watched a video of someone 6 linking with 1 fuse

watched another video of someone spending i dunno how many fuses but it was a lot, video was 10mins and included trading for more fuses at multiple times, think he started with at least 1k (i started skipping through after the first minute or so) at the end he opened up a cemetery map, threw the item on the ground then used all the portals.

There's a lesson to be learned somewhere in there. I think it's buy your 6L or use vorici, unless you're rich, bored and dgaf
Chill Jams
Last edited by EdgarFriendly on Jan 29, 2017, 8:52:24 AM
"
jconaspree wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I blame the community for making 6L feel like it was necessary and deserved rather than a bonus for people who got very lucky. If I was a designer, I'd have fusings not work on 5Ls.

I'm glad you aren't a designer because that's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Say you spend 50 ex crafting a chest armour before linking it. If you hit a 5L and can't keep rolling it, you basically brick it.

no u will have to use master to re 6s it and try again xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
The real question here is how OP got more than 5000 fusings while only playing on a 5 link and not having enough currency to buy a 6 link. Something doesnt add up here ;)......

I played a lot this league, put over 60exalts in my character and im nowhere near 5000 fusings (even if i add the fusings i already spend again)

EDIT: or maybe he had the currency to buy that many fusings. Then i still dont understand why he didnt just bought a 6link. 5000 fusings must be around 1200 chaos (or around 25 exalts), for that currency he could have bought serveral 6links....still, somethink doesnt add up here...
Last edited by Dudemeister420 on Jan 29, 2017, 9:02:05 AM
Not here to make your experience worse than it is right now, but I play this game since 2013 and my first 6L I got in 2016. So yes, my level of frustration was sky high at that point.

After that 1st 6L I just relaxed. Let's say I get an upgraded chest piece. I 6 socket it and keep in my stash, hoarding something around 50 fusings. When I get the 50, I slowly try to 6L the item. Slowly. The frenzy clicking those streamers do never worked for me.

I 6 linked 3 chest pieces in Essence league and 6 chest pieces in Breach league.

One of the 6L I got in Breach cost me around 1300 fusings. 1000+ I wasted clicking like crazy. After that I stopped and came back to the fuse-by-fuse strategy. That works. Try it. Every fuse is a surprise.

Hope you get over your frustration and come back to the game :)

"
Rumthorp wrote:

Ultimately this is a game. If a game sets up scenarios where some of the players can walk away feeling like they just wasted a month and a half then it needs to be changed.

You chose to do this though. You got no one to blame by your self.

How many more fusing, maybe another 5k before you shut your bitching and spend the 1500 for 100% at a 6 link.

You made a choice and got burned from it.

"
I suggest adding a safeguard in the amount of fusings you can use to 6l an item.

There already is a safe guard in place. It's a fleshly thing located between your ears. it failed you this time though
Last edited by Ratedetar on Jan 29, 2017, 9:31:19 AM
Sell fuse buy a 6l. That will always be the best way to go about it. If you want to craft then use the bench. Doing it yourself is always a gamble that dead even with the bench when you count time lost attempting links and rebuying fuse when you should be mapping.
"
Qiox wrote:
"
Rumthorp wrote:

No. That player needs to learn from their mistake and change.

the change being to never try and use fusing for 6 link items and always use the bench? Is that a good change for players to make? They made fusing orbs to be used, thats the primary reason they exist, is that good for the game, is that wise design? What did he do wrong exactly? What mistake did he make? He used crafting materials for crafting and the rng fucked him over. The amount he got fucked over, is it good design to allow for that level of blueballing? some will argue yes, Id argue no.

"
The real question here is how OP got more than 5000 fusings while only playing on a 5 link and not having enough currency to buy a 6 link. Something doesnt add up here ;)......

well obviously he did have the currency to buy a 6 link but he had a particular item he wanted to link and he did what you are supposed to do, link it with fusing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info