2.5.2c Patch Notes

I can only say, like I said in the 2.5.2 patch notes, that I do not suffer from these issues.
My performance did improve a little on my high end system.
I most often stay between 140 and 200 FPS. Also it seems that the area loading times improved for me too. I've only had a few frame drops when opening a breach on a map with chilled ground.

Sadly I can't really help you others out with your problems. Only thing I can recommend is checking for hardware updates or messing with the graphic options.
I run my game in windowed fullscreen with multithreading enabled on DX11. I also do not use vsync and have post processing + screen shake disabled. If nothing works for you, try verifying the steam game cache or reinstalling.
I can't really think of more you can do except waiting for a fix.
I am downloading at 50kb or less / second while my internet is fine, no connection issues from my side....

Edit: Launcher somehow went slow and than speeded back up, took a little bit longer than normally for that size of a patch!
Last edited by _DavidAegis_ on Jan 26, 2017, 10:56:38 AM
"
Draknador wrote:
I can only say, like I said in the 2.5.2 patch notes, that I do not suffer from these issues.
My performance did improve a little on my high end system.
I most often stay between 140 and 200 FPS. Also it seems that the area loading times improved for me too. I've only had a few frame drops when opening a breach on a map with chilled ground.

Sadly I can't really help you others out with your problems. Only thing I can recommend is checking for hardware updates or messing with the graphic options.
I run my game in windowed fullscreen with multithreading enabled on DX11. I also do not use vsync and have post processing + screen shake disabled. If nothing works for you, try verifying the steam game cache or reinstalling.
I can't really think of more you can do except waiting for a fix.

No man, it's not an hardware issu, the game was fine for everyone before the 2.5.2 and we are several people that experience issu, that dosent mean everybody is experiencing it, but since we experience it on good rig, without changing anything from our side, + the fact that its both on AMD and Intel rig its safe to say, something went wrong from at this patch :)
To provide the reversal of the patch, it shouldn't be that hard, should it? If the developers are using any kind of source version control which they should be because it is a good practice, they could simply checkout the old files before the patch and make them available to the players. Then simply make it a drag and drop onto the path of exile folder and the games folder.

Update: Apparently I was wrong. Encountered an issue at precincts map where somehow I kept dying whenever the game kept freezing. I have no idea what even happened, all I know is I started at full health, was near the boss, game freezes, suddenly I have 1/4 of my health, spammed health flask and then I saw the you have died. I literally couldn't dodge anything because the lag ensured the hit would always connect.
Last edited by Slicer9875 on Jan 26, 2017, 8:57:03 PM
So the game is relatively unplayable on my end since this 2.5.2 patch and no improvements were noticed with the fix, did anyone find a way to make it great again? It was very smooth before 2.5.2.
I'm no longer able to get POE to launch after this update i'm running windows 10
I click the icon and it acts like its going to launch but never does

(edit)
I was able to fix this problem i had to switch to DirectX 9Ex from DirectX 11 beta

if you need to know the exact way i did this message me
Last edited by fang24000 on Jan 26, 2017, 3:20:47 PM
After 2.5.2 for me PoE is unplayable. A lot FPS drops, latency and frame time is going crazy even standing still in my hideout. Hotfix 2.5.2c fix anything for me :C Died twice on 95 lvl (BSC) 20% exp lost hurts as hell.
Last edited by Smoku114 on Jan 26, 2017, 5:02:32 PM
Still getting huge frame drops when doing content, both with DX9 and DX11 (Same issue even with everything on highest and lowest graphic settings).

Breaches/boxes sometimes causes my PC to freeze for 1-6seconds. (Scary in HC!).

System
Spoiler

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/26/2017, 23:39:51
Machine name: ***************
Machine Id: ****************
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)
Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7845
BIOS: V1.9
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16324MB RAM
Page File: 7086MB used, 9238MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

Graphics
Spoiler

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1080
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B80&SUBSYS_85921043&REV_A1
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 16273 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8110 MB
Shared Memory: 8162 MB
Current Mode: 3440 x 1440 (32 bit) (100Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: ROG PG348Q
Monitor Id: ACI3433

Last edited by smauzt on Jan 26, 2017, 5:46:15 PM
"
Kellog wrote:
Sadly, this patch hasn't really changed the situation from 2.5.2. FPS and frame time are still all over the place and stuttering persists.

It would be really nice to have some detail regarding who the "some users" with "specific, relatively rare setups" are/were?
Considering most people reporting performance problems don't include their computer specifications, they must work off of a small sample of hardware configurations that are having performance issues.

Hint: Post your computer specs next time (or edit them in to the post I quoted).
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jan 26, 2017, 5:53:48 PM
"
Thesseract wrote:
Unless it is all in my head, could we please get an option in the menu to run the DX11 version from before 2.5.2 (call it pre-2.5.2 DX11 or something)?

Having a second version of the DirectX 11 mode would make bug reports confusing, do you think most people would bother mentioning which mode they're using? It would also be extra code that has to be maintained as the game is updated. They would also need to ensure upcoming/new visual effects work correctly with the old DirectX 11 renderer in addition to the other renderers and make sure it works right.

You already have DirectX 9 Ex and DirectX 9. Just report your performance issues & hardware configuration, then choose one of those DirectX 9 modes and opt out of the DirectX 11 beta until a fix is available for your hardware configuration.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jan 26, 2017, 6:04:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info