Self-enforced Solo Self-Found play is an increasingly popular choice for players who want to have a more challenging experience in Path of Exile. In March's Content Update 2.6.0, we plan to add formal support for this mode so that players who enjoy SSF can prove that they reached certain levels without outside assistance. We have written a Development Manifesto post about our current plans.
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Interesting.
Nicee
The true test for streamer luck!
I've never played - or even wanted to play - SSF, but I've always supported calls for its inclusion for the sake of those who do (on a side note, I've also always supported, despite not caring for it myself, calls for the inclusion of a long-duration cutthroat league/mode - so are we EVER getting that?!). As such, I'm glad to hear this. I'm also glad that you're not promising higher drop rates or anything for these leagues (which is an occasional additional request I've seen for SSF that I've never supported).

However, I do hope that this decision wasn't occasioned by the XBox launch. Reason being that I remain optimistic about the opportunity for the PC game to benefit from some of the features you'll be working on now for the sake of the console playerbase. Of relevance to this post among these benefits would be further improvements to trading.

A console release would require a completely internal dedicated trading system, which is something the PC game can also benefit from.

OR

You could simply make the console game non-trading with higher drop rates, in which case we have no trading improvements to look forward to (at least in the near future) for the PC.

Obviously I hope for the latter, especially since I have no intention of playing on console (I don't even own one). So I do hope that this announcement has nothing to do with abandoning plans for trade improvements.

Anyway, thanks GGG! It won't benefit me, but I'm glad others have finally been listened to. :)

P.S.: Also, I'm DOUBLY GLAD that I managed to snag (for the first time ever!) a first page slot (on BOTH posts - Announcement and Dev Manifesto!) so that I can FINALLY execute my long-held wish to have the first page responses actually say something substantial. :D
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 22, 2017, 10:56:15 PM
Very interesting. Didn't see this coming, but glad for those that have been asking for it for a long time.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Nice!
This is great news, thanks for recognizing us!
Hmm
Saved
Thx! Chris,1st u guys broke my heart with the xbox one news;and then we got official ssf. :/ FeelsXboxoneman

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info