Insanely high RAM usage

"
Sonidox wrote:
"
Dobermann83 wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Ovcu158.jpg

yup thats what i though, vram size affects ram usage for dx11 )

It's not quite as simple as that. Whilst it's true that paging does occur between video memory and system memory, there's more going on here. Look at the differences between memory usage in the two images above.

The first is on Windows 7, after seven+ hours of play. The second is on Windows 10 after eighty minutes or so. This is on the same hardware, with the same game settings. You'll notice the figure for Private Bytes:

Windows 7 - 2,197,988
Windows 10 - 3,633,264

Also the Virtual Size:
Windows 7 - 2,406,208
Windows 10 - 4,514,428

However, a better metric is probably WS Private:
Windows 7 - 2,168,560
Windows 10 - 1,940,500

Anyone solved this problem? I'm using Win 7 (8gb ram)

After 1-2 hours of playing POE is using 5GB of my ram.. that's insanely high. After launch it takes about 1,5gb.. Didn't have this problem in games with more hardware reqs..

So after a while I have to restart the game. And then wait in queue..
Last edited by belquerst on Aug 13, 2017, 3:09:29 PM
"
belquerst wrote:
Anyone solved this problem? I'm using Win 7 (8gb ram)

After 1-2 hours of playing POE is using 5GB of my ram.. that's insanely high. After launch it takes about 1,5gb.. Didn't have this problem in games with more hardware reqs..

So after a while I have to restart the game. And then wait in queue..

feel you bro.. sadly this problem is not addressed.. and its still a problem.. many people are having th same issue.. i too having problems after the update.. so hoping they patch those technical issues..
Its same here, i run POE on compatibility mode, and after this ram usage down from 4gb to 2gb, but cpu usage its crazy now, i pray every day for GGG fix it :(.
bump
from Turkey. This game needs Turkish language support. Thx

Steam player.
same here:(
found this topic through googling for answers with the same problem. When it starts to swaaaaaaaaaaaaaap with 8 gig of RAM, that's abnormal. Will try to find some solution...
"
Kellog wrote:
The first is on Windows 7, after seven+ hours of play. The second is on Windows 10 after eighty minutes or so. This is on the same hardware, with the same game settings. You'll notice the figure for Private Bytes:

Windows 7 - 2,197,988
Windows 10 - 3,633,264

Also the Virtual Size:
Windows 7 - 2,406,208
Windows 10 - 4,514,428

However, a better metric is probably WS Private:
Windows 7 - 2,168,560
Windows 10 - 1,940,500

Never treat "virtual size" as anything interesting when comparing memory use. It simply represents the amount of memory the process *could* be using in terms of what is currently mapped.

WS Private and Private Bytes are the useful measures, but: Private Bytes is the one you care about, since that is the total amount "owned" by this process, while the WS, or "working set", is what is actually in memory at the moment.

If the WS stays constant-ish, and the Private Bytes keeps going up, that suggests a memory leak.

To address it, I'd suggest updating video and sound drivers, if possible. There have sometimes been leaks in those that would gradually exhaust memory...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info