Insanely high RAM usage

Since 2.5 patch my game has been using very high amounts of RAM for some reason. Even just starting the game and loading a single map already brings it up to 4GB, and if I let it run for a while it eventually exceeds 8GB. I'm actually getting out of RAM warnings even though I have 16GB total memory..
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2017, 12:49:04 PM
Here's a screenshot.. not quite 8GB yet but already out of RAM.

A couple hours later:

Last edited by Rivx on Jan 19, 2017, 8:44:01 PM
My RAM usage is not as extreme as yours but it's definitely causing issues. I don't think there is a fix for this at the moment. Best bet is to wait for a patch, I guess. Sucks.
Last edited by Ymirok on Jan 21, 2017, 10:41:53 PM
"
Rivx wrote:
Since 2.5 patch my game has been using very high amounts of RAM for some reason. Even just starting the game and loading a single map already brings it up to 4GB, and if I let it run for a while it eventually exceeds 8GB. I'm actually getting out of RAM warnings even though I have 16GB total memory..

Do you have a pagefile, if so, what size is it set to?
"
Kellog wrote:
"
Rivx wrote:

Do you have a pagefile, if so, what size is it set to?

I didn't at the time, because I only had an SSD plugged in. I put my HDD back in later, but the default (~2.6GB) pagefile wasn't enough as I was still getting these warnings, so I had to set it to 8GB to avoid this. Still, I really doubt that is normal behavior for this game, as none of the modern games (with much higher requirements) use that much memory under normal circumstances.
You got a DXdiag to post?

I'm using the 64 bit client an even after several hours of play it's still 2 gigs give or take.

I'm just wondering if you are using integrated graphics which will allocate a chunk of ram to process the visuals and a chunk to hold the assets
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
6 GByte is nothing special for the 64Bit client.

your problem is running programs beside poe that consume the other 10 GByte.

also, always make sure windows runs a page file even if you got massive ram available.

---

if you want to restrict poe's memory usage, use the 32 bit client, it can only allocate 3 GByte RAM.
but because it can buffer less game assets in RAM, it's loading them when you switch instances. which may make you wait for a second longer on a ssd and much longer on a hdd.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
its dx11 issue, with dx9ex it stay at low ram usage
"
Sonidox wrote:

well that explains it. i run DX9EX only and cant really say i have noticed too much of a RAM issue. certainly no memory errors have popped up.

"
Sonidox wrote:

Nope, i'm using the dx11 version of the 64 bit client and it barely gets over 2 gig for me even after hours of play
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info