[2.6 LHC] Cheap Tanky! self cast Scorching Ray, Tri-curse 250k+ dps

Playing this Build in 2.6 currently... its still working pretty well.
I did take "Mind Drinker" though, they changed it with 2.6 and it gives 0.4% manaleech which makes this Build so much better :)
Scorching ray can't leech right?
It can with Mind Drinker... they changed that in 2.6 from Physical to Attack damage:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_Drinker

Works like a Charm... and opens up Skillpoints for a different Build :)
Last edited by Knopperz on Mar 15, 2017, 5:54:35 PM
but burning damage cant leech at all right see http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Burning
Wanna start this build, its work in 2.6?? and what about burning cant leech?? so you believe in Regen ES??;];]
How come you havent taken some or all of the fire dmg cluster on the top of the three/witch area? :)
and wouldnt mana drinker help on the mana issues?
Last edited by jouncebounce on Apr 4, 2017, 11:35:23 AM
Been playing a CI version of this all legacy league.
It's viable for everything, farmed shaper with it.

Clear speed is very good given it can do all the content PoE has to offer.

Currently using:

Flasks are:

Passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAN1A-4HHg18DkgQWBEtES8RUBGWEmkTbRQJFX4V1xccFy8YPBhWGGobJRzcHRQdTx2-HdkfGCGwIvQmiCj6Ko0rCiycLKYsvzOHNbk22DeDQnpDVESrSRtJUUmxS65R-1RHVa5V1lZIVmNXyVgHXGtd8l8EXypk52wLbRlxeXRVeC96cHyDfOV88H_GgKSCEILHhEiGrodliEKMNo8aj0aPppDWkQeRK5J0kyeVLpitm6Gdrp7EoS-mvqbrpwinK6yYtzC4k7v8vSe-isHFw23G980W18_YJNlb34rfsOkC6-7sGOxV74jw1fFs9HH3wffX-Tf56PrS

An extra note: Jewels are pretty much fire damage+dot damage/spell damage. One's corrupted to be silence immune and I'm using a healthy mind cobalt jewel on the right hand side (under melding) to keep my mana regen higher than the channel cost.

Tooltip DPS is just over 28k in hideout (no buffs active).

ES is 11.2k.

It's a fun build, not invincible but extremely strong. Lab farming/HoTGM/guardians/shaper etc even crushes pvp dailies as Scorching is completely busted for it.

100% ethical as well!

Reasonably cheap to start (no need to 6 link anything yourself, bow is around 2.5 exalts to buy the cards and master craft the bow - plenty of people provide crafting services for those without the master levels).
It does require a lvl 21 scorching ray and lvl 4 empower though to handle Shaper.

Sorry all for my inactivity this league. Became a dad and dont have much time any more.

Yeah figured this build would be even stronger this league due to legacy soul strike!

Hope you enjoy all.
Thank you for sharing @Korzul. I am running a version of the build too although mine if way more similar to that of lolindor and I am still missing key elements like lvl 21 scorching / lvl 4 empower.

I am wondering what made you decide to run a CwDT temp chains and no heretic's veil ? Also I see you're using flammability and no enfeeble, but i guess your skelly totems makes up for it.

Also the boots enchant on these boots
is simply amazing, it allowed me to drop the Healthy mind jewel since as soon as I get a hit in my mana just tops itself constantly.

Vaal grace also seems superior to vaal discipline because we already have the burn / bleed immunity flasks and the fast ES recharge. It would probably be even better for you since you are using Ascent from flesh.

The dream fragments is a really nice touch, i've died a little more than i'd like to Izaro a couple days ago whe he had conduits and fonts...
Same with the silence immune jewel, thanks for the idea !

Here's my build at 90 for anyone interested
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAQFvA-4EBw18DkgRLxFQEZYSaRNtFAkVfhXXFr8XHBg8GFYYahslHRQdTx2-HdkhsCL0Jogo-ipTKo0rCiymLL8tHzOHNAo1uTbFNtg3ZkJ6Q1RJG0mxS65Ms1KvVEdWSFZjV8lYB1xrXfJfKmKVZ_xsC20ZcLtxeXRVdoJ4L3pwfOV88H_GghCCx4RIhq6IQot6jDaPRpDWkQeSdJMnmK2boZ7EoS-mvqcrrJitSrJwtAy00bVItzC7_L0nvorBxcNtxvfIDMrT0B_Xz9gk2Vvfit-w4vfpAuq662Pr5OwY7FXviO_r8Wz0cffX-Tf56A==?accountName=Danteleet&characterName=Ranlasalope
@Danteleet -

The 3rd curse choice was between enfeeble, ele weakness and temp. Settled on temp myself because the slow (esp coupled with vortex's chill effect) greatly increases the times where your ES regen will start between attacks. It also provides more time for you to refresh the SR burn effect if you have to move/dodge something. It felt safer than enfeeble in the end.

Yes the regen boots enchants are the best, unfortunately when i did a few lab runs to enchant mine I'd already decided that the regen or the cast speed were good enough. I hit the cast speed one and couldn't be bothered chaining labs till i got the other one.

Heretic's will work if you can balance resists in other slots. I can't imagine it being possible to fit a 3rd blasphemy curse into the setup however. The extra freed up mana will help with higher levels of clarity though if you need so it's definitely an option.
Still think a 400+ es hubris with good resist is the best choice though.

As for Vaal grace and discipline - Both work, i was finding some annoyance with a few mobs though that have extremely quick hitting spells (think Herald of thunder type effects). Vaal disc was just the guaranteed option to bypass those mechanics instead of relying somewhat on rng. Think it's possibly better on degen effects like vortex too. Having said that you might well be right that grace is better.

The skele totem worked it's way in as a distraction for Argus and other such bosses with not amazing AI. It's proved more useful than i thought tbh (plenty of map bosses, argus and shaper portal minions etc just tunnel vision on them).

Cwdt frost wall is also a really strong defensive mechanic if you can put up it. Gets really annoying quite quickly though :)

And yup, dream fragments is a godsend tbh. The silence immune if also a huge QoL bonus for the curse spamming mobs you encounter every now and again. Highly recommend both.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info