Additional Performance Improvements

"
On our test machines, the DirectX 11 renderer with shadows on "Low" settings is now faster than the DirectX 9 renderer with shadows off (which was always our target).

I m glad for you that your game runs well on your test machines, unfortunately i m not playing on it. Give us the hardware list of those machines (CPU, GPU, motherboard, RAM, drives).
Is there somewhere a GGG minimal system requirement to play the game decently ? i've never seen such a list

"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
Your last year of "performance improvements" have been massive steps backwards, after 2+ solid years of actually making the game more enjoyable.

I remember when the game had oh so many massive issues, that were getting addressed, then all of a sudden, the game's performance is getting worse and worse and worse over the last 9 months or so.

It's very frustrating having 2-3 fps in Tul breaches,

Saddly i have the same experience. Since you started the RAM improvement everything has been worse and worse with each new performance improvement for me.

GGG should stop allowing comments of less than three words to be posted on the forum. Or implement a 'like' button on posts that does nothing other than distract those who post the useless 'Nice', 'Neat' or 'Cool' posts and hopefully dissuade them from posting their nothing posts. 'Tis annoying having to scroll to the second or third page to see where the conversation actually starts.
"Alas, the one-man crusade of Torr Olgosso comes to an end. May his fervor for vengeance at being imprisoned inside of small boxes be remembered for all of time."
- Xedralya
"
bl00rg wrote:
particles still are the biggest problem, including rain, it boggles my mind why wont you add simple option to lower particle quality which was asked for since the game opened, also why force people to use shadows on dx11? Personally I dont like the game with shadows as it tires my eyes more, why not let players play the way they want?

Relevant concerns.
I hope they fixed the issue with artifacting on DX11 though.
So when are you going to let us turn down particle effects and other performance killing options?

Optimizations and improvements are absolutely meaningless when the options menu is so shitty.

You're improving FPS by 1-5 on high-end machines, but you aren't helping average machines out at ALL with these improvements. I guarantee these changes will not stop the game from dropping to less than 1FPS during Breaches, Other Allies Cannot Die, Strongboxes, Necrovigil, and all the other bullshit overly detailed effects that can't be turned down/off. The only thing that will help average machines is an ACTUAL OPTIONS MENU. Let me turn this garbage off.

I don't want a pretty slideshow, I want a FUNCTIONAL GAME.

It's 2017, the game has been in development for ten years, it's time to stop living in 2007 and give us a proper fucking menu.
Last edited by Stealthrider on Jan 10, 2017, 7:18:26 PM
Seriously, don't just test your game with high-end machine, especially not giving the option to turn off those fancy effects.

The game's performance is really good when you guys releasing the act 4 back then. But then it's getting worse and worse after each patch. Also, the game crash so often since the releasing of atlas of worlds.
I Believe I Can Fly ~~~~
Last edited by dda550 on Jan 10, 2017, 7:43:43 PM
I like news on performance improvements. Unfortunately, thus far I've not seen tangible results myself.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Awesome! =)
Still want to be able to turn off shadows on DX11. I5 6600, GTX980. i simply just dont like them as it makes the game look like junk. so ruining DX9 so i can turn the ugly things off.
Last edited by Nayazu on Jan 10, 2017, 8:00:53 PM
"
djAMPnz wrote:
GGG should stop allowing comments of less than three words to be posted on the forum. Or implement a 'like' button on posts that does nothing other than distract those who post the useless 'Nice', 'Neat' or 'Cool' posts and hopefully dissuade them from posting their nothing posts. 'Tis annoying having to scroll to the second or third page to see where the conversation actually starts.

Youtube has a like system. Still doesn't stop people from going all "FIRST!!!" :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info