[2.6] Windz's Mortem Throw/Flurry Build (Shaper, Uber Atziri, Guardian),

hi bro, may i know ur ST gem set up for leveling? thx
Leveling with this build and liking it so far, can't wait till it hits max potential :) took about 2-3 hours with twink gear to get to level 50, using Frost Blade until I got BF. Fun (albeit scary, wouldn't recommend for HC) leveling with vaal pact and low HP.

For leveling I recommend:
Spoiler

Chest-Tabula Rasa:
Frost Blades-Added Fire,Added Cold,Added Light,any other damage or qol
At level 18 change cold/light to melee phys and faster attacks

Helm-Goldrim
Gloves-Ondar's Clasp or Lonchtonial Carress
Boots-Nomic's Storm until you get hurt a lot, then Wanderlust
Amulet-Karui Ward until you get hurt a lot, then Carnage Heart
Rings-Blackheart x2 -> Le Heup x2
Belt-Meginord's Girdle
Weapon-Redbeak x2 -> The Goddess Bound -> Mortem

Go for south jewel on tree ASAP to get +2 mana on hit
Frost blades will melt everything super fast with this, can 1 hit and run for a while.

Pre-level 50 gear:
Spoiler

At level 50 I swapped to this gear:
Spoiler

Current tree:

The added 15 chaos seems perfect for the build, and the chest itself cost 15c. Although to be honest I didn't notice BM was on it until I already bought it.. I think it can still work until I get the level to get a good ES chest, just turning off auras for now. Basically still leech HP since we are BM and use the es as a buffer but at the end of the day rely on life.

edit: Damn I'm stubborn in trying to get blood magic to work. This setup is 'acceptable':
Spoiler

Basically sort of like a LL build. CWDT everywhere for fun. Reserve 59% life with disc+HoA, +life gain from jewel and claw sustain life while all leech sustains ES. Chayula is necessary as stuns instagib me, as well as a freeze flask.
Last edited by vegeto079 on Jan 17, 2017, 12:07:38 AM
"
glidercheng wrote:
hi bro, may i know ur ST gem set up for leveling? thx

at low level

ST, LMP, Added cold, Added light, Inc crit, wed, faster attack

at lvl 31+

st, lmp, added chaos, faster attacks, inc crit

38+ use GMP instead of LMP
Thanks for posting the setup. I got interested when saw you using it on stream earlier this month.

I am going to test this build out before season ends in hopes of using it as season starter next league.

Couple of questions:

1) Do corrupted jewels count toward the Hungry Abyss count? (If so, do Hungry Abyss count as 1 for itself) Also what about corrupted gems?

2) I want to try this on an Occultist- do you think it will still be viable?

3) How is physical reflect maps? I assume we do almost no phys dmg?

4) Would generic leach nodes (like duelist wheel) work, or are we unable to leach from chaos damage at all? (unless we use the jewel).

Thanks in advance!
Finally got an ES chest to get out of blood magic from the old one, that was a pain.

Current gear:
Spoiler

The damage is good/decent for my level but I'm so squishy. Is the only source of mitigation the potion+vaal skills+fortify+leech? The leech is great but if I don't leech for 1 second I pop.

Currently at 7k ES, a better chest +lvl21disc could get me to 8k or so, am I missing ES anywhere else?

edit: got to 8.7k ES, for anyone else wondering:
Spoiler

Last edited by vegeto079 on Jan 22, 2017, 4:10:22 AM
hi windz, i just made this build its pretty strong, however i have some questions about dps. Currently at lv75 but my damage for BF at HO without charges is only 1400. (My added chaos gem is L20/Q14). I just want to know what else should i go for, and what can i improve on my gear? I am following with your tree guide for level80 (2 nodes away from Witch/Templar poison cluster).

Spoiler

IGN:
@McDeliveryOnFlurry - Legacy Softcore

add me if i win or if my bids are lower than c/o
Last edited by xiaozozo on Jan 23, 2017, 12:26:42 PM
"
xiaozozo wrote:
hi windz, i just made this build its pretty strong, however i have some questions about dps. Currently at lv75 but my damage for BF at HO without charges is only 1400. (My added chaos gem is L20/Q14). I just want to know what else should i go for, and what can i improve on my gear? I am following with your tree guide for level80 (2 nodes away from Witch/Templar poison cluster).

Spoiler

You are only lvl 75 so you are missing a lot of damage from the tree. The chaos damage clusters and jewels make a lot of the dps. Also try to save up for a 6link chest.

Just keep lvling and thr damage will be there
Thank you so much for this build, i finally finished uber atziri for the first time.
With correct status and mindset you can do this without any problem
It's quite a decent setup for rather cheap gearing.
Basically it was a smooth playthrough!
Hello just wondering flask setup, will lion's roar, sin's rebirth and atziri's promise fit into this build? And what would you priortize in putting into a flask setup? Diamond flask for crit chance? Or something else for more defense?

Also i have extra points and i already took most of the chaos damage nodes. Which should be priority? Power charges/Crit nodes or ES nodes. Atm damage feels lowish since i dont have a lot of crit.

And lastly, can i substitute an abyssus helm for the malachai helm if i can find another corrupted item slot or a corrupted abyssus? Would it be an alternative or an actual upgrade?
Last edited by Thraize on Jan 27, 2017, 3:56:14 PM
"
johnsonsx wrote:
Thank you so much for this build, i finally finished uber atziri for the first time.
With correct status and mindset you can do this without any problem
It's quite a decent setup for rather
Spoiler
cheap gearing.
Basically it was a smooth playthrough!
Spoiler

Congrats! Yeah uber atziri takes some set up i learnt from killing her for challenge this league.

Only had killed her once on std after my ed guy ripped in ehc.

Hopefully the uber video helps showing the prep for each boss

"
Thraize wrote:
Hello just wondering flask setup, will lion's roar, sin's rebirth and atziri's promise fit into this build? And what would you priortize in putting into a flask setup? Diamond flask for crit chance? Or something else for more defense?

Also i have extra points and i already took most of the chaos damage nodes. Which should be priority? Power charges/Crit nodes or ES nodes. Atm damage feels lowish since i dont have a lot of crit.

And lastly, can i substitute an abyssus helm for the malachai helm if i can find another corrupted item slot or a corrupted abyssus? Would it be an alternative or an actual upgrade?

This build deal no real phys damage so no lions roar or sins rebirth. Abyssus gives a nice crit multi but lose a lo of es.

Priotize power charges and jewels sockets. Grab more es if u need more.
Last edited by windz on Jan 27, 2017, 6:32:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info