Upcoming Content Releases

Sweet
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Sounds awesome. One question I had was if there are any plans for any more damage conversion gems other than physical to lightning. Will there be new support gems?

There's also the cold to fire support gem in there, but it's basically pointless to use when the pyre ring exists. One thing I'd like to see is being able to convert "backwards" from fire to cold, cold to lightning, and lightning to physical. Right now in the way of conversion scheming, fire has gotten a great deal of love, but cold is kind of in a bad spot. Sure, having vortex helped a lot, but now monsters have a lot of freeze and chill immunity, so it makes more sense to just add a pyre ring and convert it all to fire. Lightning is fine by way of shocking giving up to a 50% damage buff. Using a call of the brotherhood ring does pretty good for giving some of the benefits of shattering enemies, but again, cold still is in a bad place due to freeze and chill immunity.

I'm digging this news post as I've been wondering if they were going to have a beta for 3.0 or just release it outright. Good to know that there's going to be a 2.6 release along side the beta. Perhaps another purple league? *paging yoji to make 2.6 trailer*

As much as I've enjoyed doing CI and ES based characters, I would really love it if there were more items that gave a lot of flat life and made life-based builds more viable in taking big hits. I honestly don't feel comfortable pushing past t10 maps with life-based builds anymore because it becomes a real pain to keep flasks up and they feel more prone to getting one shot. It feels like unless you go warchief, you're likely to hit a point of not being able to do the highest level content. Here's to hoping that 2.6 or 3.0.0 addresses that.

"
Sfp4 wrote:
WHERE ARE THE TRADE UPDATES? DO YOU SEE THESE GOLD FARMERS RUINING YOUR GAME?!

So much this. You have no idea how many times I've rage quit for the day because price fixers list their stuff, then either ignore you or are somehow not online despite their api showing them to be online. I get that you guys don't want people to gear for endgame too quickly, but the trade system needs fixing. I grind like everyone else to make currency and shouldn't have to message 20+ people to exchange currency or try to get an item. I feel if you're gonna list an item, you need to sell it or take down your listing. It's beyond aggravating to try and get endgame gear (or any gear for that matter) with the current system.
Last edited by tacotiklah on Jan 8, 2017, 11:52:58 PM
Can we have breach implemented to core please? Prety please :)

Little sad for the delay 3.0 but you have to to what you have to do. Rather wait another three months than have bugy fifth act and unbalanced two difficulties.

Keep up the great work!
Act 5 is coming but you guys should implement all 3 difficulties in just 1 mode. I just simply hate have to do All History 3 times, and now one more Act? Come on! Act 1 should be normal difficult, Act 2 and 3 Cruel, Act 4 and 5 Merciless.
That's a thing that I like on Diablo you dont need to repeat history 3 times each time you do a character.
"
Some balance changes to keep the metagame fresh. An example is that we have lined up significant buffs to one-handed melee weapons.

finally 1h axes and maces will be viable?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Sounds great=)
It's the end of the world as we know it

and I feel fine.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
Nice
'big buffs to 1h melee WEAPONS'

there are at least 3 issues in this one sentence alone:

- 6% is not exactly big
- 1h/2h melee DAMAGE is currently pretty well balanced. if you think otherwise i suggest asking GOOD players why it is so (few tips: Disfavor, bad 1h uniques comparing to Disfavor, no useful 1h sword uniques (scaeva bug was actually a 'good' bug)). if you buff 1h weapons up to 2h damage levels - then what is the point of having 2h melee in the game? no block, no speed but the same damage? who cares then.
- weapons IS NOT the problem. it is the 'melee' part that is the problem. you wont solve it by doubling weapon damage and/or introducing yet another ranged flurry or some other crap. you HAVE to gut ranged - you know that but you are affraid.

want to see why damage is not the problem? load normal ledge (so your weapon deals ZILLIONS damaga) with lightning arrow guy and a melee guy. and tell me who does the job better. see - damage is NOT the problem. the SICK AOE/utility disparity is the problem. and you cannot fix it without gutting ranged somehow - be it 'leech from nearby enemies' or 'cannot offscreen' or 'attack can hit 8 enemies maximum' or whatever else. other games did stuff like this just because otherwise there is 0 reason to keep melee in the game.

but most people play ranged - because it is the sensible thing to do given that it is THE BEST way to play this game - and you cannot piss them off. congrats, this is what happens when you let stupid things persist for too long.
So if I'm understanding this timeline right...

Breach ends and the new league launches at the end of February.

A beta of 3.0.0 (you only do beta's if you're switching up the game mechanics, btw, which means it includes a lot more than just Act 5 - you don't need a beta for a new area) launches simultaneously (i.e beginning of March). No reveal yet of what the rules of access for this beta will be. If it starts closed and then opens up, then that means no access to the new content/rules (which, fortunately, will likely not be about Act5 so we may still all get that in March) until about mid-April or May.

Full release of the new stuff (i.e. after fixes and balancing) only occurs at the end of May/beginning of June aka half-way through the year (oh, and another challenge league too by then)...

Awwww...was kinda hoping it was gonna all be in by the end of the first quarter. :/
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 9, 2017, 12:31:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info