EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

"
Nightmare123 wrote:
Just curious. Is it just me or does it seem like exalts drop ALOT more at the start of the league and become almost non existed (drops) by the end of the league.

This is the only currency drop adjustment that I know of.

"
There is a penalty to the chance of currency items and Divination cards dropping in areas with a monster level more than two levels lower than your character level. For each additional level that you have compared to the area's monster level+2, the chance of a currency and Divination card item drop is reduced by 2.5%:

dropPenalty = 2.5% * (lvl_{char} - (lvl_{monster} + 2))

(1)
Currency and Divination card drops are not increased or decreased in this way when fighting in areas above your level.

For the purposes of this penalty, your character level is never considered to be higher than 68. Therefore a level 75 character receives no penalty in a level 66 area.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drop_rate#Drop_Penalty
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Or maybe there are a lot more bots in Delve which makes sense because it is the more populated and active league.

Leagues are always more populated, however, exalts are always worth more chaos in standard than in league, until Delve. That suggests that something besides bots are driving the price.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Nightmare123 wrote:
Just curious. Is it just me or does it seem like exalts drop ALOT more at the start of the league and become almost non existed (drops) by the end of the league.

This is the only currency drop adjustment that I know of.

"
There is a penalty to the chance of currency items and Divination cards dropping in areas with a monster level more than two levels lower than your character level. For each additional level that you have compared to the area's monster level+2, the chance of a currency and Divination card item drop is reduced by 2.5%:

dropPenalty = 2.5% * (lvl_{char} - (lvl_{monster} + 2))

(1)
Currency and Divination card drops are not increased or decreased in this way when fighting in areas above your level.

For the purposes of this penalty, your character level is never considered to be higher than 68. Therefore a level 75 character receives no penalty in a level 66 area.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drop_rate#Drop_Penalty
Yea I am aware of that but every league I get exalt drops the first few weeks and then nothing. I get RNG but the fact it happens that way league after league makes me wonder if they nerf it during the league.
^ its just RNG streaks, exalts are sufficiently unlikely as drops that getting none at all isn't actually that unusual.

For example if you charted my drops vs content cleared I had 6 ex and 2 reliquary keys in probably the first 20%, i've been playing pretty heavily this league and in the subsequent 80% i've only found one exalt lol.

Does that make me unlucky? A little but really I just had a good streak at the start that makes it look worse now.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
^ its just RNG streaks, exalts are sufficiently unlikely as drops that getting none at all isn't actually that unusual.

For example if you charted my drops vs content cleared I had 6 ex and 2 reliquary keys in probably the first 20%, i've been playing pretty heavily this league and in the subsequent 80% i've only found one exalt lol.

Does that make me unlucky? A little but really I just had a good streak at the start that makes it look worse now.
Ok could be. I had very good luck the start of the league so no complaints. More currency found this league then all the other leagues combined for me.
"
Nightmare123 wrote:
Yea I am aware of that but every league I get exalt drops the first few weeks and then nothing. I get RNG but the fact it happens that way league after league makes me wonder if they nerf it during the league.

I had no exalt drop for the whole league until yesterday, then I got 2 in one map. It's all just RNG, there is no pattern.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
141:1

♬ Let it go. Let it go. I don't care what they're going to say. Let the bots rage on. RMT never bothered me anyway. ♫
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 31, 2018, 4:20:58 AM
I never buy exalted orbs. I almost never use them. I like high rates. It makes it so much more rewarding to find an exalt, if it's worth 141:1 instead of 60:1. But hey, I'm just a man.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I never buy exalted orbs. I almost never use them. I like high rates. It makes it so much more rewarding to find an exalt, if it's worth 141:1 instead of 60:1. But hey, I'm just a man.

Considering high value items are sold in exalts, your gear must be terrible.
"
Considering high value items are sold in exalts, your gear must be terrible.

Absolutely not state of the art - far from, but considering everything is self-found or self-crafted, I'm doing perfectly fine. Buying gear will always be the easy way out. Exalts giving a lot of chaos/fusings gives me the freedom to craft my own stuff, without relying on someone else's craft/drops in terms of gear.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 31, 2018, 9:55:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info