[2.5] Explosive Gladiator - Blade Flurry / Max Block - One shot T15 bosses!

"
Icaros wrote:

"
Wow, that jewel this build is based upon is really expensive!

Yeah, I got mine for a couple exalts worth of chaos, they've been going up as less and less people are running chayula.
Possible to run this without the jewel, but tree will be less efficient, and you'll want a way to keep endurance charges up.

Could you post a budget tree without the jewel that still gets decent block chance?
"
Could you post a budget tree without the jewel that still gets decent block chance?

You could use something like www.poeurl.com/1o0

+ Grab a rumi's to cap block.
Last edited by Icaros on Jan 25, 2017, 3:44:41 PM
"
Icaros wrote:
"

Thanks for the tree!

Quote from page 1; Why do you recommend ES boots while running Blood Rage?
Also, if not using Cospri's Will, just use a 5L with a Poison gem or you have a better way?

Would Iron Reflexes be good for us? If we evade, we don't block for lifegain and Reckoning+Charges. IR costs 3 more tree points. We'd gain ~1500+ armor and use Blocks more, but waste 8 Dex nodes overall traveling on the tree.
"
tainium wrote:
"
Icaros wrote:
"

Thanks for the tree!

Quote from page 1; Why do you recommend ES boots while running Blood Rage?
Also, if not using Cospri's Will, just use a 5L with a Poison gem or you have a better way?

Would Iron Reflexes be good for us? If we evade, we don't block for lifegain and Reckoning+Charges. IR costs 3 more tree points. We'd gain ~1500+ armor and use Blocks more, but waste 8 Dex nodes overall traveling on the tree.

I used ES/EV to color them easier for 2g/2b to run curses. The implicit resists are also more valuable than any lab enchant for us.

Cospri's will is very cheap now. using something else loses you a link (poison) and a curse. Not worth it.
IR is only worth it if you're investing heavily in armor, which we're not. Tree is pretty stretched for points already.
"
Icaros wrote:
Thanks!

I'm using Cyclone and having trouble sustaining mana on single target. I took the 4 mana reduction nodes in your tree. What extra mana solution do you recommend?
"
tainium wrote:
"
Icaros wrote:
Thanks!

I'm using Cyclone and having trouble sustaining mana on single target. I took the 4 mana reduction nodes in your tree. What extra mana solution do you recommend?

try the drain mana &hp lab enchantment for boots... it works wonders even at the merciless lvl.

any answer in this?

"
NNF4E wrote:
once this comes to standard (shield and jewel on breach), there is going to be an overflow of those items in a few weeks, so the price will luckily go down.

never tryed using anvil? with a corrupt anvil ( with either +1 curse or extra block), you could remove almost every %block on the tree and use it somewhere else, stil having max block ratio.
Last edited by NNF4E on Jan 26, 2017, 11:43:06 AM
Edited passive tree for end of Breach League.....

So after seeing this build a few weeks ago, i have been working on acquiring the gear and respeccing my character to run this. I finally have everything set up and have been playing it for a few days so I wanted to pass on my experience and thoughts. I must say that this build is just a blast to play! So much fun exploding everything! Here is a rundown on where I started, what gear I have now, and my skill tree.....

It was when I dropped The Surrender shield that I decided to make the switch to this build. I had a Varunastra sword in Perandus and I just loved using it, a build that combined the sword, the shield, and Blade Flurry was just what I was looking for! The build I had going in Breach was actually quite tanky, and I was running T11 maps pretty easily. I was using Scaeva sword with a 5-link Darreso's Defiance: BF-Phys Dam-Faster Attacks-Added Fire Dam-Inc/Conc AOE. I don't have my original Skill Tree to post, but i had taken the usual Sword nodes like Blade of Cunning/Blade Master/Razor's Edge. I really wish I had screen shot my skill tree/gear/character info before switching into this build. Would have been nice for later reference, but lesson learned. Here is the gear (all solo/self-found) I was using prior to The Surrender drop (ignore the gems, they are just left overs):

Spoiler

After getting The Surrender, I started buying the necessary gear. Please Note: I spent a lot more than is necessary to run this build! I bought the best i could afford, so i am sure this build could be done for a lot cheaper, except for Red Nightmare jewel.

In all I spent around 15ex. That seems like a lot, but what else am I going to spend the currency on?!?! The biggest chunk of that was for Red Nightmare jewel. It was the first thing I bought and ended up paying 5ex+20chaos for it, which actually looks like a deal now. Here's a breakdown of what I bought:
Spoiler
Red Nightmare jewel = 5ex+20c
Cospri's Will = 40c (was 5S/5L when I bought it; I 6S with Vorici; got lucky and 6L w/ 298 fusings)
Blessing of Uul-Netol (to upgrade shield) = 15c
Breach Rings = 35c for both
Amulet = 20c
Boots = 30c
Belt = 15c
Jewels = 180c
Devoto's Devotion w/ BF enchant = 45c
Vaal Breach gem = 10c
Lion's Roar and Atziri's Promise flasks = 17c for both

Here is my gear now (updated):
Spoiler

Current Skill Tree at LVL96. There are a few differences in mine as I am playing around with it to see what I like best:

At the end of Breach League: I finished off all T15 maps deathless, even without using Vaal Breach gem. I one-shotted numerous T14/15 bosses with gem. So much fun!!!!

A few additional thoughts:
- Don't forget that the stats for Breach Rings are doubled in a breach. This makes for a really nice bump when you pop a breach for Map Bosses, etc. Try to get ones that have high flat physical damage and high life roll, plus whatever else you need.
-The Vaal Breach gem: in addition to the obvious use of this gem for this build, one thing I didn't think about is that those Breach monsters are great for refilling flask charges during Boss fights. I never seem to run out of flask fills!

Hope this is helpful! Thanks again to Icaros for the awesome build idea!
Last edited by wde97 on Feb 26, 2017, 1:32:59 PM
"
wde97 wrote:
Thanks for sharing!

"
mattislouie wrote:

EDIT:
I also swapped Vaal Cyclone and Vaal Breach out as well, and I put Culling Strike inside of my gloves, that way Tempest Shield kills. And I made a new higher level Cwdt setup for Flame Golem and Blood Rage.
Love the idea. Can you make your character viewable so I can see your full setup?

"
wde97 wrote:
...Hope this is helpful! Thanks again to Icaros for the awesome build idea!
May I ask, why did you choose Blind and Firestorm with CWDT?
"
tainium wrote:
"
wde97 wrote:
...Hope this is helpful! Thanks again to Icaros for the awesome build idea!
May I ask, why did you choose Blind and Firestorm with CWDT?

I often use Firestorm as a way to inflict Blind with the low level CWDT. I like using it while leveling to provide some added defense when i don't have great gear and it takes longer to kill monsters. I'm still using it to see if it would help any with this build. After using it for a few days, it appears that monsters die so fast for the most part that almost nothing ever gets Blinded. I might play with it a bit more to see if it inflicts on Bosses enough to make it worth while, but honestly, it doesn't seem worth the three gem spots at this point. I will probably swap them out with the Ancestral Warchief setup Icaros used, or see if something else would be fun to try!

Edit: I may replace Firestorm with Rallying Cry to add even more damage in Breaches.
Last edited by wde97 on Jan 27, 2017, 7:30:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info