Wanna blow 2700$?

Here's how:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MbX9nn

This build assumes you already have the following: OS, mouse, keyboard, monitor, optical drive
These parts were excluded because they are relatively easy to come by and do not affect the performance of the system
The listed price doesn't include the hard drive which is why it says $1982.44 instead of $2700
Last edited by Darkfyre on Jan 6, 2017, 3:12:11 PM
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2017, 7:47:35 PM
Solid rig, but personally I would wait for the 1080Ti before buying a new PC.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Get a closed look CPU cooler
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I just blew $2.4k on my Christmas build. But got a Skylake i7 6700K, ASUS Maximum VIII Formula motherboard, and a reference cooler EVGA GTX 1080. And three 850 EVO SSDs because I can run U.2 and M.2 drives, but your performance to cost factor isn't worth it yet. So future upgrade for me: U.2 drives.

I avoided the next gen CPUs (beyond Skylake) since Windows 7 may not like to install on those systems over this Intel vs Microsoft controversy. I'm holding on to my Windows 7 with a death grip until 2020.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
When are Skylake-E model CPUs coming out? I'm waiting to upgrade to whatever the 6c/12T model is. I might actually need it for encoding, and HD game recording.

Some other things that are reusable:

Case - If it's a high end case worth reusing. I got a HAF X case, so I'd definitely reuse it.

PSU - If you bought a high end modular one. I typically use the same PSU for 2 builds before I replace it.

I'd get x2 8 GB sticks of ram instead of x4 4GB sticks. Less ram sticks, means less potential issues. I've seen ram sticks be stable enough to pass a 24 hour memtest 86, but still be unstable enough to fuck up a CPU overclock. Ram gremlins are the bane of any PC builder's existence. A lot of people don't understand that there are varying levels of "bad" ram. Worst case scenario and your PC won't even post.

I don't think that Noctua cooler is honestly that much better than a 212+ evo using a 2 fan push/pull setup. Why not just get you an H80 for that price? I know that Noctua doesn't beat an H80.

H80 fucking reks, man. I got an I5 2500k CPU running @ 1.42 Vcore, and it doesn't get any higher than 63c or so during stress testing. Most people say avoid 1.4v range, but most people don't have H80s. Seriously, fuck that Noctua shit, get an H80. You could probably OC that new kaby lake CPU to 5.5-5.7ghz without worrying at all about temps even if you need to bump up that Vcore to get stable.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 7, 2017, 3:16:28 AM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
I'm holding on to my Windows 7 with a death grip until 2020.

What happens with Windows 7 in 2020? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Windows 14 will be out in 2020 ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
I'm holding on to my Windows 7 with a death grip until 2020.

What happens with Windows 7 in 2020? =0[.]o=

Microsoft will stop official support for Windows 7 in 2020. That means no more security updates. So no more monthly security update rollouts either.

"
DoubleU wrote:

Well, the sentiment is true even if the number you mention is wrong. Microsoft will no longer increment their Windows' major version number. It will now be the minor number, as in 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, etc. just like Apple has done with MacOS X.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jan 7, 2017, 1:27:54 PM
"
DoubleU wrote:

they will probably call it windows 2020 or some nonsense
I have a 5 year old 250$ HP bundle from best buy that i have to keep cool by leaving the case open with a floor fan pointed at it.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info