[3.0] [kungFoomoo]Meatball Totem | Video Guide | all map mods T15 | HC | SSF | BUDGET

Sounds good, i have the neck and the chest just working on building up the currency for the shield since its like 300 chaos plus in hardcore :(
Could you add stats u want to prioritize in each slot in the gear section? Thanks
Nice guide, man. Dat Lateralus song, tho. <3
"
Nogaholic wrote:
Sounds good, i have the neck and the chest just working on building up the currency for the shield since its like 300 chaos plus in hardcore :(

Yea it's not cheap at all :( you can definitely get away without it, totem builds were pushing high tier maps long before this shield ^_^
"
TorrentKing wrote:
Could you add stats u want to prioritize in each slot in the gear section? Thanks

Hi TorrentKing and thanks for the feedback! I have updated the gear section with a STATS spoiler.
Stay safe out there :D
"
Inscaped wrote:
Nice guide, man. Dat Lateralus song, tho. <3

Man I dead set could not find anything I liked to fit the 4min+ time of the video until it hit me...
Tool make long ass amazing songs ^_^
Why do you use skin of the loyal and not a regular 6l? Also is this build interchangeable with firestorm/flameblast totems?
So why not use Rain of splinters to get rid of the LMP less multiplier and free a link for something like faster casting, Increased Aoe/Conc, slower projectiles?
"
TorrentKing wrote:
Why do you use skin of the loyal and not a regular 6l? Also is this build interchangeable with firestorm/flameblast totems?

Hey again TorrentKing :)
I use a skin of the loyal because at the moment with these socket colours it cost me 30c. A +1 chest with 100% inc armour for 30c is crazy. If you have the coin to put into something else you can but I don't feel its required and because we are using empower we are effectively getting 2 extra levels on out magma orb :)
It's not interchangeable with Flameblast because that skill requires you to stack cast speed and I would probably play it as an Elementalist or as a crit Inquisitior.
This build started out with firestorm funnily enough but it is just far too slow for mapping. Firestorm has amazing single target damage though. The only thing I would change is the LMP for Conc effect.
Last edited by kungfoomoo on Jan 6, 2017, 7:29:49 PM
"
tzuiop wrote:
So why not use Rain of splinters to get rid of the LMP less multiplier and free a link for something like faster casting, Increased Aoe/Conc, slower projectiles?

When reading this I have factored in the -15% damage we take from subbing LMP with Rain of Splinters.
If we use:
Ele focus we lose our ignite and the 35% increased damage that goes with it. (35% more damage)
Conc effect is the worst thing you can do to Magma orb, you'll find the overlap will probably become too small to really clear effectively enough. (45% more damage, huge lose in overlap)
Pierce is virtually wasted. While we still get the 20% more multiplayer Magma Orb cannot pierce. (5% more damage)
Slower Proj makes the build extremely uncomfortable to play as it reduces the range of our orbs and the time it takes for them to hit the ground, not cool. (15% more damage)
Faster Projectiles Increases Magma Orbs range, but with the extra chain from level 21 it is already clearing the whole screen. (-15% more damage, 30% increased damage)
Faster Casting doesn't really benefit us like it does with Flame totem or Firestorm. The effectiveness of that gem is based on the interaction with the skill. (-15% more damage)
Inc Aoe would make your dps more consistent the further they chain and spread but keep in mind you would lose enough tool tip that it would more than likely just balance out what you've sacrificed, can just get this as a help enchant. (-15% more damage, increased overlap)
Iron Will is probably the only thing I would consider subbing in due to the sheer amount of strength we have but to be honest I would much rather stack Aoe damage/Totem Damage/Fire Damage/Spell Damage/Projectile Damage on a jewel for 2 points, than take an extra 15% less multiplier (LMP gives us 15% less multiplier vs RoS 30%). (42% increased damage + approx 50-60% from strength makes this the only viable option in my opinion.

Thanks so much for this theory crafting Tzuiop, I think RoS is a great choice if you are running a 5L! But if you decide to test Rain of Splinters please let me know your experience. I will most likely do the same with a max level Iron Will. I dare say the difference wouldn't be significant enough to warrant spending 90c on a different Skin of the Loyal, although colouring something like a Belly of the Beast, should you require the defences (keep in mind you lose even more dps because you are losing 2 gem levels on your Magma Orb).

I will add a Q&A section for all of these comments :)
Last edited by kungfoomoo on Jan 6, 2017, 8:00:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info