Journalists of "Fake News," should go to prison.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I don't think fake news, in a vacuum, has severe outcomes. It requires an additional component: the blind trust of its audience.

Fake news has SEVERE outcomes Scrotie, during the attacks in France many buzz media provided false informations about the situation hours after hours.

Some legit medias aswell speculated a lot and gave some unverified informations to catch more audience. And actualy while i'm kinda agree with what you said about free speech earlier, i can't be agree that these buzz websites, or any others way used to provide false information should be unpunished by the law. The damages can be terrible, and on the long run the biggest outcome is a lot of peoples doesn't even want to trust any medias legit or not, anymore.

:)

Note: Lot of false informations provided in many others countries aswell, France is far to be the most impacted by these media bullshits.

Job of medias is report information to populations. Not to invent them for business purposes. And sadly this is going out of the way since more than 30 years now. Maybe a bit more.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jan 1, 2017, 9:53:37 AM
The establishment realized that people are seeing through their bullshit MSM and are now using alternative media more and more. Politicians are now trying to find ways to curb down all the alterantive sources. "fake news" will be one such mechanism to attack (remove, close, censor, etc) free speech & non-PC opinions.

China is way ahead of us. They already have mechanisms in place against "fake news". You can be arrested for "spreading rumors" online. "Rumor" = anything that is not in line with official regime stances.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 1, 2017, 10:58:58 AM
we should send CNN's employees in prison
"
SkyCore wrote:
I completely disagree. Falsely calling your opponent the founder of a terrorist organization is criminal any way you look at it. Free speech has nothing to do with such a statement ...

I guess this congresswoman is spreding "fake news", then :p

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill to Stop Arming Terrorists- 12/8/16

Obama admin. is one of the the best buddies jihadi terrorists ever had. Oops, did I say terrorists? I meant 'moderate islamist beheaders'.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Just because Salon, Vox, Huff Post, NowThis, Buzzfeed, The Guardian and similar publications constantly spit out fake news to push a narrative doesn't mean they should be in jail

I don't know what the answer is
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Jan 1, 2017, 1:54:24 PM
Well sadly, this does fall under freedom of speech though it absolutely shouldnt apply to large media outlets.

I dont even pay attention to the news, ive know that shit was fake since i was a kid. You gotta have some serious issues to believe the narrative the MSM pushes.

Seems like more people are realizing that its bullshit though and turning off their tvs and actually getting educated on the matters by thinking for themselves and fact checking.

Thank god for the invention of the internet.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Manocean wrote:
Just because Salon, Vox, Huff Post, NowThis, Buzzfeed, The Guardian and similar publications constantly spit out fake news to push a narrative doesn't mean they should be in jail

Bring back the Fairness Doctrine and end the bullshit on both sides of the fence?
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
solwitch wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

What??? What you talking about?

Are you an American? The libs been screaming and crying "fake news" here, ever since Trump won. Calling every media source somewhat favorable to Trump "fake news". I was assuming this was just more of the same old variety of salt. Considering it's everywhere on the internet right now.

If you're referring to something different entirely, then maybe you can be more specific?

There was a Facebook news stating China was getting ready to prepare their nukes. Taiwan took it seriously... So Facebook trying hard to eliminate fake news on their site. Yes I'm American... Lol.

Any nation using Facebook "news" as actionable intelligence has much bigger problems and needs to clean house in their govt agencies and hire some more intelligent people.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
"
Manocean wrote:

Bring back the Fairness Doctrine and end the bullshit on both sides of the fence?
Fairness doctrine won't end the BS from both sides. At best, it will nullify some of it, at worst, it will escalate it.

How about this: Reporters can report the news, eg, the facts as they happened. After the facts have been reported, if they want to have an OPINION segment, they can do so as long as they label it as such. The prblem we currently have is that a lot of opinion is being sold as news.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
Well i thing the fact of faking the news can indeed cause harm but sending someone to prison because of it isn't the sound of it a bit too overboard?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info