[3.7] Oro's Infernus | 2M+ Shaper DPS | ~7k HP | WS

Updates:
-19/07/2019 - I was already aware that its impossible to shock high HP targets, but I made mistake suggesting you can chill them. So im switching gem suggestion from Hypothermia to Inc Critical Strikes/Fire Penetration for end game. Shaper DPS stays almost the same
-17/06/2019 - First revision for 3.7 - I guess now its called Terminus' Infernus
-02/03/2018 - Updated tree for 3.2, VP and no VP versions

Build is pretty fun and easy to play and pretty cheap to start with.
It's very flexible you can find your favorite setup by playing with different gear, gems and passive skills.

Peak DPS with average gear and 5L is ~1.5M on melee hit and about 1M on secondary effect (splash, chain and ice wave). POB is doing strange calculation for Multistrike so it should be even higher than that.
6L with good jewels (double crit multi + life) should pull over 4M peak DPS in total. Shaper dps should be around 1.5-2M, without power charges in calculation since no way to maintain those in single target combat.

You can pretty much get better rare sword and give up on frenzy charges. You would lose some agility but gain a lot of dps, so you could swap helmet for something that gives HP and invest more nodes in it too.
Also, 'Added 50-75 fire damage against burning enemies' mod on gloves gives about 10% more dps but i couldnt manage to find it in POB.

*Videos
Spoiler

-Pretty laggy Colosseum T15 run (due to recording software mostly). 4 min with many leaps into the walls and unused vaal haste
This is 2.6 run with old passive tree and gear and about 40% less dps and HP
https://youtu.be/SBi-ik2iy-E

*Key Features
Spoiler

Stats from path of bulding for lvl 92 char (you can check the gear and everything from POB link)
-3.5M+ DPS to mobs, ~2M peak DPS to shaper/guardians
-up to 7k HP
-Immune to Stuns
-Cant be slowed
-On Hit generation of Endurance charges
-5 Frenzy Charges | Perma onslaught with Rotgut
-Chill, Freeze, Shock and Ignite everything at once

*Skill Tree [Leveling coming soon]
Spoiler

-VP version: www.poeurl.com/ctqf
-Non VP (lab recommended): TBA

*Ascendancies
Spoiler

In this order
-Undeniable
-Unflinching
-Unstoppable (VP) / Unbreakable (Non VP)
-Unrelenting

*Path of Building Link
Spoiler

*Check the notes section for DPS calculation
-VP version: https://pastebin.com/HX22AKF2
-Non VP version: TBA

*Bandits
Spoiler
Take 2 passive SP (kill all)

*Skill links
Spoiler

Main 6L:
-Wild Strike (level 21 is nice to have)
-Elemental Damage with Attacks
-Multistrike (Ancestral Call)
-Chance to Ignite
-Immolate (level 21 is nice to have)
-Combustion
-Increased Critical Strikes or Fire Penetration

*Before you get Eye of innocence + Mokou's, you can use Elemental Focus

For 5L setup i am using: Wild Strike, Elem Damage, Multistrike (Ancestral Call), Immolate, Combustion

Ancestral Call is extremely nice for pack clearing so I am using it for mapping instead of mulitstrike (most of the packs die in 1-2 hits anyhow).
You can swap Ancestral Call for Multistrike on harder bosses, or you can just use 2 weapons, one 6L with single target setup, and one 5-6L for pack clearing.
I dont think you even have to bother with swapping on anything below tier 16.

4L: Cwdt + Imm Call + Ice Golem + Vaal Haste
**CWDT should be at around 40% of your HP, do not level it up to 20 before you get your HP over 6500

4L: Leap Slam + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic
*Always use leap slam to open fights and close gaps vs range mobs. You should have fortify all the time if possible.

4L: Vaal Haste + Anger + Blasphemy + Assasin's Mark

*Mandatory Gear
Spoiler

-Combination which synergies extremely well with jugger ascendancy

*Before you obtain the amulet, use Warlord's Mark for Endurance charge generation. Be aware that you wont have charges on single targets without amulet

-Kaom's Hearth (mandatory for end game) - before you get it you can go with Brass Dome like in previous version, or any rare chest with good life, Incandescent Heart (if you have enough chaos res), The Restless Ward..

*Jewels
Spoiler

In the most western slot you should put Tempered Flash jewel

For the rest of the slots by priority:
-Crit Multi
-Life (mandatory for every jewel)
-Attack speed
-Crit Chance

Much lower impact:
-Physical damage
-Damage

Do not get melee damage, it will work only on initial hit / splash, so it will increase your dps tooltip but only 1/2 of your attack.

*Pantheon
Spoiler

-Take whatever you feel will benefit most for your play style

*Buld Mechanics
Spoiler

TBA

*My Gear
Spoiler

My gear is not yet optimized nor best in slot so dont follow it blindly but check POB link

*Flasks
Spoiler

-The Wise Oak (ideally all resistances should be the same)
-Rotgut
-Atziri's Promise

You can use 2 life flasks or if you feel tanky enough
you can use one of
-Lion's Roar
-Overflowing Chalice
-Cinderswallow's Urn (swap rotgut and use phase run skill to compensate for move speed)

*Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
-Good clear speed
-Pretty Cost effective
-Pretty tanky once you get all the gear
-It can be improved greatly with min maxing and investing

Cons:
-tba

PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTACTING ME
*FAQ
Spoiler

*What level should CWDT and Immortal Call be?
-As i wrote in skills sections, level it up. To 20. By leveling immortal call you increase its duration per endurance charge.

*I feel squishy, what am I doing wrong?
-If you have Vaal Pact you should have at least 5500 hp to do safely t10+ maps, for non VP version you need more. Also, you should open every fight by leap slamming and triggering Fortify and spamming flasks. Also make sure you have max endurance charges and that your cwdt + immortal call setup is leveled up and triggering.
If you have all of that but still dying use life gain on hit as 6th link until you learn mechanics.

*How should I prioritize gear?
-First you need to get enough life (5500+) and cap resistances. Get Eye of Innocence + Mokou's as soon as you can. If you can get enough HP without Kaom's great for you. 5L Terminus Est is good enough until tier 16 maps so before getting 6L make sure you get Kaom's Hearth.

Last edited by mafiamighty on Jul 19, 2019, 7:56:53 AM
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2019, 7:25:54 AM
Hello, thanks for your build, what about jewels ? what stats to prioritize with wild strike, fire damages and AS and life obviously?
Uhm i've forgot about jewels section, ill update first post in a minute.
Basically double AS (total over 10%) and life. Also, you need 13+ int on 2 jewels so you can level up flammability to max.
ps 5% AS > 15% fire
Last edited by mafiamighty on Dec 29, 2016, 5:10:58 PM
Thanks for the quick reply / update !
looks solid i might try it
More realistic and efficient tree

http://poeurl.com/Yj5
IGN: HarroHarbinger
"
Catharsis wrote:
More realistic and efficient tree

http://poeurl.com/Yj5

Indeed! 2 more SP + some extra int.
I will update the build.

ps I have sacrificed one life node and 8% ele dmg node, to get a jewel slot with those newly discovered points :) Tree updated
Last edited by mafiamighty on Dec 31, 2016, 4:58:00 AM
I like unique builds, and I've gotta say I'm liking the looks of this a lot. Going to give it a shot. I've started leveling a juggernaut. Just out of curiosity, how did you go about leveling this build?
"
I like unique builds, and I've gotta say I'm liking the looks of this a lot. Going to give it a shot. I've started leveling a juggernaut. Just out of curiosity, how did you go about leveling this build?

I can answer that. I leveled many elemental builds and usually the best is just to buy a pair of facebreaker and a meginord and you will faceroll all the way to 60
"
failpatrol wrote:
I can answer that. I leveled many elemental builds and usually the best is just to buy a pair of facebreaker and a meginord and you will faceroll all the way to 60

Awesome, thanks! Coincidentally enough, that's the approach I've already taken. I've hit 40 so far and was worried the damage was going to start dropping off soon. It should be good enough until I can wield Oro's though?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info