[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

Also, what about the Emperor's Wit, and Emperor's Mastery jewels. Is it possible and/or worth it to use both, since it says limited to 1?
They are way to expensive. 16 exalted? No way, never, not worth the improvement.
Talking about expensive - I find it tough to get affordable upgrades. It seems like that even okay-ish gear with intelligence on it is ridiculously expensive. Any reason why?
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
Last edited by LupusImmortalis on Apr 17, 2017, 4:40:12 PM
"
Fritso wrote:
Also, what about the Emperor's Wit, and Emperor's Mastery jewels. Is it possible and/or worth it to use both, since it says limited to 1?

Yes and yes. Each of those jewels is better than even a perfect Izaro. Take off your staff, Black Sun and Perandus and look at your Int. That's your base Int. Emp Wit will give you 6% of that, Emp Mastery 7%. So if your base Int is 1000 then that's 60 and 70 Int which is by far the best you can get from any jewels. And usually your base Int is higher than that.

But the way of obtaining them is fucked up, and the people who hold the monopoly on them seem to have no limits to their greed (or maybe they are just poor 3rd world country dwellers and their children don't get to eat if they don't win the lab race every single day). For that kinda currency you can buy yourself some nice upgrades plus a good Izaro, and probably gain more DPS and ES.

"
Talking about expensive - I find it tough to get affordable upgrades. It seems like that even okay-ish gear with intelligence on it is ridiculously expensive. Any reason why?

HOWA
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 17, 2017, 4:59:54 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
ChazReinhold wrote:
I have managed to get 1648 INT.
MY TOOL TIP WENT UP A WHOPPING..... 200dps. It now sits at 6,598k

Don't get me wrong I love the build... to me I have followed everything. But even if I upgrade my chest up 25int and my belt 15 int. That will not get me the results everyone else has achieved. So what the hell is up? My resists are practically non existant aLso

You lacked not only Int (and sacrificing resists for it is bad, don't do that) but also some damage because you were using two 30 value jewels. Still, no way adding 145 Int could give you only 200 damage - that's just not possible without taking off something else. Something is wrong, but I don't see what in your links.

If you can't max resists without using a rare ring - it's OK to use one. But using a ring plus weak jewels plus weak chest/belt - that's just too weak for the Shaper. You can do T16 with that, great. But you need better stuff.

"
Wilmots wrote:
I see no reason to use a perandus ring. A ring with 55 int up evens up the amount of int and es.As i said i play with two curses now so i have another ring with high int and es and resistances. I have no issues with that.Other stuff u can do: Use a flamegolem, since chaos golems only prevents from phys damage. Use them in case of need, switch golems.

How much Int and tooltip would Perandus give you instead of a rare ring? How much tooltip does the flam golem add in your setup?

"
Fritso wrote:
Guestion though, why do you not take Cloaked in Savagery? That's some insane leech potential for bosses that hit hard.

It doesn't work with CI.

Sitting at 1,709 INT

TOOLTIP is at 6,899.5

Just to be clear here. Is the tool tip damage the number when hovered over the greyed icon that says AVG DMG? I cannot summon chaos golem because of insufficient mana, but chaos golem does not make the tool tip damage scale either. Its still a strong build I am just not getting the numbers you guys are all posting.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"

HOWA

That was my suspicion. Damn it.

Oh, I got a mechanical question as well - for how long should I point Scorching Ray at a pack? I still feel a bit slow when clearing maps, but that's more because of positioning and the feeling that I press the button too long.
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
"
ChazReinhold wrote:

Sitting at 1,709 INT

TOOLTIP is at 6,899.5

Just to be clear here. Is the tool tip damage the number when hovered over the greyed icon that says AVG DMG? I cannot summon chaos golem because of insufficient mana, but chaos golem does not make the tool tip damage scale either. Its still a strong build I am just not getting the numbers you guys are all posting.

Yes, that's the number. You are pretty much where you should be with these items, and this should be enough for the Shaper, maybe just not flawless.

It looks like you are using EF at the moment, while CE is swapped out. If that's the case, use CE for bosses. Also, your gems are 19/20. Lv 20 will add some more DPS. And if you get lucky and get lv 21 - even more.

Another way to improve is to get better jewels, with 45+ value. I don't follow the current league right now, but the prices were pretty reasonable during the first month. Check the Gear-Jewels section and make a poe.trade search for the combined value 45+ of the mods listed there, bookmark it. I had absolutely no problem finding 45+ value jewels for 10-15c in the last 4 leagues, even with HOWA already being a meta in the last two.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 17, 2017, 5:56:14 PM
"
Oh, I got a mechanical question as well - for how long should I point Scorching Ray at a pack? I still feel a bit slow when clearing maps, but that's more because of positioning and the feeling that I press the button too long.

SR procs Icestorm every 0.35s. You just need to develop a feel for it. Not hard at all, you'll start feeling it after a day or two. Try going from the short end: press the button for too short - nothing happens, try to hold it a tny bit longer, etc etc until you see Icestorm.
Hey there, it's me again bothering. ;)

So, these are my stats right now:

And this would be my flask setup as recommended by you in the Boss guide:

This is the rest of my gear, just for completion's sake and to maybe give you more insight to answer the one big question I have now - would it be enough to do Shaper somewhat safely? I was able to do all of the Guardians deathless except for Phoenix, where I made a mistake with my flasks.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any of the recommended enchantments on my gear yet. Are they crucial? If so, I might make runs on another, slightly faster character.

My Gear

EDIT: Apparently, it was good enough. :) I got him down. On the last portal, but fuck it. Didn't expect to do him deathless. :)
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
Last edited by LupusImmortalis on Apr 25, 2017, 7:25:21 PM

This amulet or astramentis?
Last edited by lauris300 on Apr 28, 2017, 1:59:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info