[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

Yeah, I had problems with Uber Atziri because it takes a while to spot the non mirror add and start using scorching. With previous versions i would have at least 5 ice storms down. Cwc was a luxury last league for 90% of the game, but I'm not entirely sure it was really the op choice for the build. Maybe this has something to do with my graphics settings, atziri does look 3 times darker than on youtube but whatever :). But yeah, sometimes it was insanely hard because i wouldn't be able to precast enough storms before the ads started casting. That half a second or whatever it was for cwc, is a lot in certain scenarios.

Well, i'm sure I can get 1.7k-1,8k int again this league, as long as i farm enough currency.

For people with less experience of WI, or first timers, from now on WI will be more expensive. By my calculations still very viable for any end-game farming, but much more expensive, although, in theory avatar of fire + cotf has better dps than just pyre, that is true only when min maxing all your gear.

The biggest problem that i see with WI from now on, or at least for 2.6, i doubt the build can switch to CI as fast as it used too. Even if you have your staff and amulet ready the pathing doesn't make things easy.
I would personally try to go for Elemental overload and templar spell nodes first, and maybe level with firestorm and a spell totem, some generic fire spell action and then work my way up to vp/ci once i have enough respec points. I think once you hit merc, you probably have enough points and gear to make the switch. Especially for a league starter. Those extra points to get Aof are enough to not make it comfortable anymore. I've done merc with 3k es but i also spent more chaos on low level es gear than i did on my gg jewels so that's not always the right way to go.
Rushing into CI is not necessary. It's cheaper to get life + int gear and some res than good es + int + res on low level stuff.
"
LastMagus wrote:
Yeah, I had problems with Uber Atziri because it takes a while to spot the non mirror add and start using scorching. With previous versions i would have at least 5 ice storms down. Cwc was a luxury last league for 90% of the game, but I'm not entirely sure it was really the op choice for the build. Maybe this has something to do with my graphics settings, atziri does look 3 times darker than on youtube but whatever :).

The key to Uber Atziri for this build is to make it predictable, then you can just follow the same pattern every time:
- Stand in the middle (it's also the best spot for the giant twin FB because then the left corner is always safe)
- Target the front statue and look above its head
- If it's holding the mirror switch to the opposite statue
- Spam Icestorm and pop flasks
- Dodge stormcalls and return to the middle

"
The biggest problem that i see with WI from now on, or at least for 2.6, i doubt the build can switch to CI as fast as it used too. Even if you have your staff and amulet ready the pathing doesn't make things easy.

What's changing about the pathing? I don't see any major changes.
"
What's changing about the pathing? I don't see any major changes.

Me either, unless he's thinking it's necessary to grab AoF early. I don't think it is, I plan on picking it up after I've made the whole lap around Witch/CI/GR, sometime not long after I'd "closed the loop" to spec out of the Scion ES nodes, most likely paying for it by delaying the jewel socket near Harrier a couple levels.

Until then, I can get by with CtF alone, or use CtF and maybe still use Pyre (which should be hella cheap in the new league now, btw).
Last edited by Capozzi on Mar 2, 2017, 4:19:39 PM
scorching ray > cast while channeling > elemental focus > cold to fire > conc effect > fire pen

I was thinking this setup as a berserker. The berserker has the 1% life leech + savage hit + 2% life leech from the warlods mark, maybe it's possible to drop the life leech gem and do this setup? What do you guys think?

Is beserker better than witch for this build now?
"
kazeshinii wrote:
scorching ray > cast while channeling > elemental focus > cold to fire > conc effect > fire pen

I was thinking this setup as a berserker. The berserker has the 1% life leech + savage hit + 2% life leech from the warlods mark, maybe it's possible to drop the life leech gem and do this setup? What do you guys think?

Not better, just different. Much stronger leech, no need to get Unwavering Stance, but you lose a lot of the very synergistic Elementalist perks (none of which are useless to this build, unlike the 'zerker melee-centric bonuses).

As for dropping LL on the 'zerker, I don't think it's a good idea in most cases. That 2% makes a big difference still, especially since you're taking 10% increased damage from the ascendancy, AND you're still vulnerable to reflect, unlike an ascended Witch.
"
kazeshinii wrote:

Savage Hit doesn't work with CI. Dropping LL makes it too unsafe vs endgame. This thread is not that long yet, you can find all that if you read back a few pages.
So, what is the gem to drop out of the setup for CtF?
I'd assume it'd be a toss up between CE and EF, but I'm not sure which gives us a bigger boost, if any.

Those would be HUGE damage losses as you stated though, so would dropping Fire Pen be an option, how would that affect end-game potential?
Last edited by xemath on Mar 2, 2017, 5:11:05 PM
Build updated for 2.6:
- added Avatar of Fire
- replaced EF with CtF
- replaced Pyre with Perandus Signet

Trees will be updated after the patch if they stop working.

On my test character with mediocre-decent gear, this resulted in trading 300 tooltip damage for 300 ES. With better gear you will be trading less damage for more ES.

"
xemath wrote:
Those would be HUGE damage losses as you stated though, so would dropping Fire Pen be an option, how would that affect end-game potential?

Losing one of those gems would be a huge DPS loss, replacing it with CtF and a ton of Int is just a small swap of DPS for ES.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 3, 2017, 1:24:25 AM
all in all, if u hit 7+k tooltip u can kill everything in the game. but i'm still curious if self cast would be that bad as opposed to scorching ray and losing dps gems.

le: actually i'm confident that as far as int goes, the build will hit bigger numbers this league by dropping pyre for signet.
Last edited by LastMagus on Mar 3, 2017, 1:29:04 AM
"
LastMagus wrote:
all in all, if u hit 7+k tooltip u can kill everything in the game. but i'm still curious if self cast would be that bad as opposed to scorching ray and losing dps gems.

le: actually i'm confident that as far as int goes, the build will hit bigger numbers this league by dropping pyre for signet.

Self-cast is viable. But getting stuck in the casting animation is pretty annoying, especially for the class that doesn't get a lot of casting speed. And you'd need Enlighten and Deep Thoughts for self-cast.

Int will be higher, of course. That's reflected in the higher ES. But the conversion ratio of Int to damage is lower with CtF than it was with EF, so the overall DPS is slightly lower.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info