[2.6] Popsicle Sticks - Over 60k freezing DPS! (3.0 WIP)

"
king_deus wrote:
Spoiler
hi and thx for this build :-)

i'm just lvl 71 and done mercy lab at lvl70 easy :-)

i got this stuff

i need to find a other ring with "elemental damage with weapons"

i put enlighten support on HoI and HoT to reduce mana reserved and now i can pop the 3 totems at the same time.

what can i put in the last slost of my helmet? inc duration to support vaal summon skel?

and in my bow, what do you suggest ?
enduring cry?
blood rage? other?

Well done, lab isn't much of a problem as Chill + Maim makes Izaro's movement speed hilariously slow thus making it so easy to manually dodge most of his attacks.

Ya, your Ruby ring can be improved and you can spend a few Blessed Orbs on your Nuro's to try and get higher base crit chance for a lil extra tooltip DPS.

Enduring cry + Inc Area if you want more survivability or Rallying Cry + Inc Duration if you want more damage. You could also put in another vaal skill like Vaal lightning trap or Vaal Haste.

Glad that this build is working out for you :)
[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
ty for your quick answer!

im 'not sur it will be possible to get 2link soc red in my bow :-/
how many chance i have to get that? without break the 3G1B :-)

i start to try vaal rain of arrows and inc duration but i'm not sur
it's very usefull :-/

i blessed my bow and up to 48% at the 3rd try :-)
50% is the max, i stop here ^^

i will try the warcry but without inc dura, it will be boring to cast them :-/

"

never mind, ah yeah, it's work like this !

i continue to finish adventure and start maps
After searching for a Scion Build than seems Viable and Fun I think I'm gonna try this one. I hope it works well in Hardcore Breach.
"
king_deus wrote:
ty for your quick answer!

im 'not sur it will be possible to get 2link soc red in my bow :-/
how many chance i have to get that? without break the 3G1B :-)

i start to try vaal rain of arrows and inc duration but i'm not sur
it's very usefull :-/

i blessed my bow and up to 48% at the 3rd try :-)
50% is the max, i stop here ^^

i will try the warcry but without inc dura, it will be boring to cast them :-/

"

never mind, ah yeah, it's work like this !

i continue to finish adventure and start maps

Not sure about vaal rain of arrows as I haven't tested it myself, but it should help to keep you safe when used properly.

Build works well in maps, just remember to pop totems ahead to stay safe :)

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
"
Zogweik wrote:
After searching for a Scion Build than seems Viable and Fun I think I'm gonna try this one. I hope it works well in Hardcore Breach.

Like most totem builds, this build should work fine in Hardcore if you make adjustments to get more life and use a Kaom's Heart while focusing on getting all elemental resist overcapped to counter curses.

Play style is also important by placing totems ahead and using them as meatshield while keeping yourself safe.

Lemme know how it works out in Hardcore, good luck.

Hello there. I've been running this build for the closing days of the league, and enjoying it quite a bit. I've been using Frost Bomb + Faster Casting, and I have to say I feel it works very well for this build. Typically, I place two Ice Shot totems, then a Frost Bomb, then start blazing away with Split Arrow + Added Cold + Added Lightning + Weapon Elemental. (I haven't quite hit level 68 yet; I'm not the fastest leveler around. :p) The results are extremely satisfying.

I have a 5L Nuro's Harp waiting for the transition to Ancestral Bond. I have flirted with the idea of using a 4L Soul Mantle to make it a four totem build, but I'm hard-pressed to think of a gem combo I could use in the Soul Mantle that would avoid being supported by the level 14 Spell Totem. I haven't tried my Heralds in it yet, to see if the Spell Totem affects the mana reservation or not.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Feb 18, 2017, 6:52:01 AM
"
Gruentod wrote:
Hello there. I've been running this build for the closing days of the league, and enjoying it quite a bit. I've been using Frost Bomb + Faster Casting, and I have to say I feel it works very well for this build. Typically, I place two Ice Shot totems, then a Frost Bomb, then start blazing away with Split Arrow + Added Cold + Added Lightning + Weapon Elemental. (I haven't quite hit level 68 yet; I'm not the fastest leveler around. :p) The results are extremely satisfying.

I have a 5L Nuro's Harp waiting for the transition to Ancestral Bond. I have flirted with the idea of using a 4L Soul Mantle to make it a four totem build, but I'm hard-pressed to think of a gem combo I could use in the Soul Mantle that would avoid being supported by the level 14 Spell Totem. I haven't tried my Heralds in it yet, to see if the Spell Totem affects the mana reservation or not.

Glad to know that you are enjoying the build :)

As for Soul Mantle, the Spell totem will not affect Ice Shot as it is not tagged as a "Spell". If you feel that curse removal via flask works for your playstyle, by all means, I see no flaw in using a Soul Mantle.

But I can tell you for sure that a 6th link will greatly increase the popsicle stick's DPS. My recommendation is to pick up a cheap 6link/Tabula and you will see the clear speed increase significantly.

Lastly, Heralds help a lot as it provides flat Elemental damage (where applicable) and it will in turn scale dramatically with all the % elemental damage that this build has.

Hi, you will update this build to 2.6? Wanna try it in new league.
Last edited by Isscray on Feb 27, 2017, 9:47:04 AM
Interesting build, I went elementalist and use the Halcyon. Clears trash like a dream, not a fast boss killer, but does the job. Well done.

Note that I enjoy the odd builds, you said something about odd ranged totem builds. I made a quad blast rain totem with knockback with Empire's Grasp. Worked well and locked bosses in place.

Look forward to more builds from you.

Thanks, OP. Will be rolling my own tweak of this concept in the Legacy league soon.

Nuro and Skirmish should be rather easy to get, but Pandemonius will take some effort having to add Breach stones to areas or just trade for it. But I can always add heavy chill and freeze in other ways.

For my gameplay style I'll probably use a different CWDT (Arctic Breath will work nicely with this) and movement skill setup, and will most likely layer defenses a little different. But definitely using your Ice Shot and Ranged Attack Totem setup for the Scion. I want to play a Scion to unlock its achievements, because the Scion and the Duelist are the two characters I haven't run yet.

Also, I'll probably head directly to Ancestral Bond to run dual totem, then spec out of it when I get a Skirmish. I'd prefer to run dual totem and have the ability to dish out my own damage as well with other cold spells. A side of Cold Snap to always freeze, or Ice Storm might be nice. Perhaps I'll experiment with a CoC to trigger one of those with the totem ice shot (since it's also an attack).

Regardless of how I progress with it, thanks for sharing your build! Good concept. :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Feb 28, 2017, 2:46:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info