[3.2] Very cheap ~ REVIVED 4 Million DPS+ RF Fire Nova Mine (Update soon)

I'm curious about the usefulness of the detonate mine gem setup, is it really worth it? By omitting it, you can move your CWDT setup from the dagger to a 4L and add auto-cast golem or maybe molten shell to it.
"
matesasd wrote:
I'm curious about the usefulness of the detonate mine gem setup, is it really worth it? By omitting it, you can move your CWDT setup from the dagger to a 4L and add auto-cast golem or maybe molten shell to it.

I tested it and didn't feel any difference. I am using detonate mines on CWDT since I tend to get damaged when placing mines and if I get stunned and more damaged after, everything explodes anyway. I couldn't buy a chayula yet due to saving for helm enchant, so this is helping me big time.
Last edited by psykh3 on Mar 9, 2017, 10:45:27 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:

I know that, you didn't read my post properly.
What i wanted to say: You place 9 mines -> you detonate them -> they started pulsing -> you place 3 more mine -> 3 mine from previous bunch are destroyed and not pulsing anymore

That's why i'm saying that if you don't know that fact, you can ruin your dps just by placing mines right after detonating previous. You always should wait before they pulsed right to the end, and only then placing 2nd minefield, and if you starting to place mines slightly before end of duration - it does more naught than good. My "That thing not about detonate, but placement" was to point out that hindering of the pulsing comes not from "detonating 2nd set", but from "placing 2nd set".

P.S. And yeah, that's not possible to detonate the second sets of mines before the first finished pulsing, but not because "you don't have time", but because if you placed that 2nd set - 1st would be instantly destroyed regardless of their duration

Oh fuck, guess it's something that I overlooked.

In my defense, I never noticed it because I rarely place more than 6 mines for packs, and for bosses when I was placing 9 , and as they pulsed even when I put new mines I didn't notice that cause they're stacking on top of each other. Guess you're right, it is huge for the build to know this fact.

Wonder how shaper would've been like If I knew this earlier lol, he was too busy melting on LL that I never cared to notice.

Thanks for this, think i'm gonna stick it in the guide somewhere. This is why build guides are fun to make because some retards like me fail to notice important things like this.
Last edited by Worst_luck on Mar 9, 2017, 12:11:11 PM
"
Worst_luck wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:

I know that, you didn't read my post properly.
What i wanted to say: You place 9 mines -> you detonate them -> they started pulsing -> you place 3 more mine -> 3 mine from previous bunch are destroyed and not pulsing anymore

That's why i'm saying that if you don't know that fact, you can ruin your dps just by placing mines right after detonating previous. You always should wait before they pulsed right to the end, and only then placing 2nd minefield, and if you starting to place mines slightly before end of duration - it does more naught than good. My "That thing not about detonate, but placement" was to point out that hindering of the pulsing comes not from "detonating 2nd set", but from "placing 2nd set".

P.S. And yeah, that's not possible to detonate the second sets of mines before the first finished pulsing, but not because "you don't have time", but because if you placed that 2nd set - 1st would be instantly destroyed regardless of their duration

Oh fuck, guess it's something that I overlooked.

In my defense, I never noticed it because I rarely place more than 6 mines for packs, and for bosses when I was placing 9 , and as they pulsed even when I put new mines I didn't notice that cause they're stacking on top of each other. Guess you're right, it is huge for the build to know this fact.

Wonder how shaper would've been like If I knew this earlier lol, he was too busy melting on LL that I never cared to notice.

Thanks for this, think i'm gonna stick it in the guide somewhere. This is why build guides are fun to make because some retards like me fail to notice important things like this.

No problem, i'm glad to contribute in making that thing even more powerfull :D

But about my previous question - what was the point of gems "detonate mines+faster casting", if cast is instant due to volatile mines. I previously thought that it will contribute as cast speed of pulsing, but it didn't. So, maybe i overlooked something crucial?
"
Med1umentor wrote:

But about my previous question - what was the point of gems "detonate mines+faster casting", if cast is instant due to volatile mines. I previously thought that it will contribute as cast speed of pulsing, but it didn't. So, maybe i overlooked something crucial?

Ok i'm editing what I said.

It could be a placebo and i'm just delusional but I was informed by someone who was an avid miner that it makes a difference. I tested it myself and it seemed faster then. I'll try test it again to confirm it.
Last edited by Worst_luck on Mar 9, 2017, 1:44:48 PM
What is the reason for using firestorm for so long since fire nova mine has such a low level requirement?

I'm also confused about faster casting on detonate mines, since the skill tree makes that instant anyway...
"
BlazeB75 wrote:
What is the reason for using firestorm for so long since fire nova mine has such a low level requirement?

I'm also confused about faster casting on detonate mines, since the skill tree makes that instant anyway...

Firestorm has better dps when you don't have consumings, it scales really well with mine nodes on tree. You'll notice in merc you'll one-shot most bosses when you swap in conc. Once you get your consumings and decent ES or life (if you haven't switched to CI) then FNM becomes very strong, even on a 5 link.

Look at my LL version I don't have faster casting deto mines. I suspected that it works even with volatile mines but now i'm not so sure ( it felt better for me so you'll have to test it, I will test it today).
"
BlazeB75 wrote:

In early leveling firestorm is certainly better, especially if you are using tremor rod. Firestorm mine need only one cast, so second set of mines can be detonated right after first set, but fire nova mine need to pulse all the way to the end, before tremor rod will place 2nd set.
I levelled with vortex mines just to try something fresh and it worked pretty well too, you basically trade a bit of dmg for defense
"
matesasd wrote:
I levelled with vortex mines just to try something fresh and it worked pretty well too, you basically trade a bit of dmg for defense

I haven't tried vortex mines but if you're right then that's probably a better choice to level with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info