Rogue One

Rogue One releases this Friday, who has plans to see it? Will it be a good movie? Have you somehow seen it already? What did you think?

Discuss, and please use spoiler formatting if you have actual spoilers.

I'm really looking forward to it. I enjoyed Episode 7, although it wasn't the greatest movie by any means, and I think Rogue One will be an even better movie. I'm planning to see it Thursday night.

The reviews from the people who got to see it last Friday are quite positive so far, so I'm optimistic!
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2017, 9:22:34 PM
No, I won't. I say u this 'cause yesterday I watched Fury Road and I was expecting something more! Come on, what's going on with the new movies?

And I didn't watch Star Wars 7 yet, I plan to watch it the next year. So if you like this new movie, please, tell us here man! +)
Just got back from seeing it, and I really enjoyed the movie. It felt a lot more like a war movie than an adventure movie, which is what the director seemed to be aiming for.

Warning: Spoilers ahead!
Spoiler
I was pleasantly surprised they decided to kill everyone off in the end. Not many movies have the guts to do that nowadays, but it really ended the movie nicely and played into A New Hope smoothly.

It really feels like you could start playing Episode 4 immediately after Rogue One and not miss a beat.

Also, that Vader scene at the end was incredible, easily the best Vader scene in all of Star Wars, hands down. It almost felt like I had jumped into a horror movie at the end there, it was that good.

Overall, I'd give it a 9/10, and a 10/10 for the final act on the last planet. It actually manages to improve A New Hope as well. I'm hoping to see it at least 1 more time this weekend, and hopefully I can get better seating than the 2nd row to the front...
watched it last night...very good (surprisingly) some nice wee touches that will get you going AHH so that's why
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Just saw the movie earlier today, and it was awesome. I found it much better than The Force Awakens. Overall, plenty of actions, funny moments, and some heartbreaking scenes. Almost felt like the old star war movies.

Though, this scene really pumped me up.

Spoiler
The part where two star destroyers collide into each because of the rebel squadrons and then crash into the shield to create an opening for the transmission of the data to go through.

Also.

Spoiler
Shaolin Monk aka the blind warrior was so OP.....sadly he perished in the end along with the rogue one squads. Their contribution will be remembered as the key to taking the death star. :(
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 17, 2016, 11:29:50 PM
Spoiler

They Die WHAT THE FUCK......
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
A massive improvement compared to the wretched attempt at reviving SW of which we not need speak.
I heard the movie was a real SJW "feel good" story, so I think I'll pass.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

That depends if you heard it directly from the source (from the director, Gareth Edwards, himself having an actual conversation with him) or the source happens to already had over 50 generations of pass downs, so most likely a troll or two got into the source and manipulated the data along the way before reaching your ears.

If you passed the 7th movie, then that is ok.

Spoiler
I am only 49% serious.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I liked Rogue One more than I thought I would (I'm not ususally a big Star Wars fan). I'm a huge Donnie Yen fan though and I thought they used him well. I also really liked the sense of desperation the movie managed throughout, and how it didn't feel like it was leaning too heavily on the earlier films the way TFA did.

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

Yes, it's a Star Wars movie. It's a darker than usual Star Wars movie, with ewoks and gungans nowhere to be found and I really liked that about it. It's not about to stray from the ragtag band of misfit heroes fighting an oppressive Nazi-themed empire and an overall optimistic outlook though. That's just what Star Wars is.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info