64 bit DX11 client

That moment when PoE had a 64 bit DX11 client before the competition with infinite budget. Note these are PTR patch notes, it's not even live yet.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20362179/patch-243-ptr-patch-notes-11-22-2016

"
Added a 64-bit client as default for 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems
With this, players should see improvements to system performance and faster loading times
This change uses DirectX 11 natively, which brings support for normal maps, per pixel lighting and improved anti-aliasing options
Last bumped on Jan 3, 2017, 2:12:02 PM
So what? They even can not do it properly. DX11 brings me down to 0 fps in most big fights and blood rain from Dominus stage 2 makes it literally unplayble. Sadly PoE has a shit engine. I bet all my money on that when D3 will release DX11 it will run flawlessly on my PC. Have you ever tried to open a breach in 4+ party? That lol when everything freezes for all guys on the TS. GGG should rly do smt about their shitty engine because playing in party can be a torment and this is very big sin in online game.
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.
"
So what? They even can not do it properly. DX11 brings me down to 0 fps in most big fights and blood rain from Dominus stage 2 makes it literally unplayble. Sadly PoE has a shit engine. I bet all my money on that when D3 will release DX11 it will run flawlessly on my PC. Have you ever tried to open a breach in 4+ party? That lol when everything freezes for all guys on the TS. GGG should rly do smt about their shitty engine because playing in party can be a torment and this is very big sin in online game.

It is getting better, you gotta admit that. The ground effects don't destroy my framerate anymore and with the 64 bit client the game runs smoother (for me atleast) than it ever has before. Plus you got the multithreading which is helpful when you have atleast a 4 core system.

I don't know which potato you are running poe on. The performance is better than it has ever been.

And yeah d3 with dx11 wouldn't even matter bro. It's a shit game. Deal with it.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
"
Namcap wrote:
That moment when PoE had a 64 bit DX11 client before the competition with infinite budget. Note these are PTR patch notes, it's not even live yet.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20362179/patch-243-ptr-patch-notes-11-22-2016

"
Added a 64-bit client as default for 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems
With this, players should see improvements to system performance and faster loading times
This change uses DirectX 11 natively, which brings support for normal maps, per pixel lighting and improved anti-aliasing options

If you paid attention, the 64bit DirectX 11 Client for Path of Exile is also in Public Beta. The only difference here is that POE's beta can access the main server realm where as Diablo III's runs on a separate server to the main one

This is likely because Diablo III's beta also contains balance changes & new content for testing where as POE's beta consists of just the 64bit & DirectX 11 changes (no balance or content changes).
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Dec 13, 2016, 7:21:48 AM
Diablo III is getting DX11 support, and apparently it looks amazing. I've seen comparison screenshots. I don't expect it to butcher performance, either, since they have done similar things with World of Warcraft, and I actually gained framerates on a pretty shitty laptop going from DX9 to DX11. I could raid in 20+ mans... Their engines are really good, and their developers are really good at that.

Diablo runs much better on my Laptop than PoE, even if I compare PoE characters standing in town to a D3 character killing shit in a Greater Rift. I am beyond myself how they could release a game with such an inefficient graphics engine. It's like EverQuest II all over again (those who have played it know what I'm talking about)...

The terrible performance is the main reason why my friends and I haven't really played PoE much. It really is quite appalling to see your framerates bottom out doing fairly trivial things in this game. A lot of the more "indie" games seem to be having this issue. The games are good, in theory, but the performance is borderline unacceptable (if not clearly so).
Hi there, only problem I have with dx11 client is I have to setup full screen and resolution always after I start t game and than is ok till I quit and need to do it again on new start. Other than that all runs pretty smooth and fast did try some dried lake in 6ppl and all good.. But I have brand new comp so not sure if u need a better comp for run dx11 64bit client...
GL&HF
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
For my 64bit client works fine , I played in HC. 8GB DDR3 RAM.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
No issues with the Dx11

i7-5930
64GB ram
GeForce GTX TITAN X 12gb
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
Didn't feel much difference between DX9 and DX11, it's a bit prettier I guess, although in a 6-man party I feel like I get a lot less frames than in Essence, breaches in a 6-man party pull me down to 10-20 fps, even lower if they have "visual" builds.

I5 3470 @ 4GHz / GTX1070 @ 2080/4606 / 8gb ram / Samsung 850EVO

One issue I have is that my card doesn't always run at boost clock (while it does in pretty much any recent game), like it "senses" that this game shouldn't need that much power, but the thing is when something is happening on the screen all of a sudden, the clocks raise to boost, then lower back, this back and forth is giving me a lot of mini freezes and stuttering.

It's a shame to have trouble running a game like this with a rig like mine, I know it's not the best (my CPU is a bit old), but I should be comfortable playing this on 1080p.

But GGG is a kinda small company, and I guess optimizing an engine to work well with all the different setups out there is not an easy task. Hope there will be improvement in the future.
IGN :
Theyseemebreaching
Last edited by Juju_el_pampazor on Dec 17, 2016, 7:31:39 PM
Still unplayable on my laptop.

I give up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info