Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.2 Raider - Cyclone] Aggnog's flaming meatball massacre

"
Bawtzki wrote:
You'd need Pyre to make ToH useful in this build because we have Avatar of Fire (deal only fire damage and no other types). If you can fit the ring in your build and come out ahead with resists and INT it's certainly worth it. Might as well use Hatred too then.

I'm not certain you understand how AoF works. The flask will turn 1000 phys damage taken into 838, and it adds 10k sheet dps, you certainly don't need a pyre ring and I doubt anyone could try to argue that a flask that can only shock once for 4 seconds could even come close to a flask with 16% overall damage reduction and the dps boost you would get from an extra level 20 support gem.

Let's not forget that with vessel you're wasting 2 slots, because now not only are you using a flask that's nigh useless for this build, but you need another flask just to get rid of the shock you just applied to yourself (unless you enjoy dying).

So, in conclusion like how I felt about the CI version of this build, just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should. There's a place for vessel's power, it's undoubtedly a very strong flask, but it does nothing but cause more harm than good for AoF builds.

On a side note

Fully Buffed/Flask/Warcry DPS with Added Fire

Meatballs with Added Fire

If someone could confirm if monsters can go below -75% resist I'll swap added fire in both sets for Fire Pen, but since monsters usually don't run over 30% I'm sticking with added.

Also realizing this is with Temporal Chains Map.
Last edited by Atomic_Tin_Can on Jan 17, 2017, 1:50:08 AM
"
Let's not forget that with vessel you're wasting 2 slots, because now not only are you using a flask that's nigh useless for this build, but you need another flask just to get rid of the shock you just applied to yourself (unless you enjoy dying).

LOL I just forgot about that. The flask shocks my character too! I was too addicting to PF eh?

Going to sell that mother fucker and get me a ToH :)
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"

I'm not certain you understand how AoF works. The flask will turn 1000 phys damage taken into 838, and it adds 10k sheet dps, you certainly don't need a pyre ring

Maybe my wording was a little confusing. With AoF you only get 50% of cold damage converted, pyre is 100%. Personally I think that ToH is severely overrated for defensive purposes if you're playing a) SC and b) VP build.

edit: As for Vinktar...you realize raider is immune to elemental status effects right? :^)
Last edited by Bawtzki on Jan 17, 2017, 2:12:18 AM
"
Bawtzki wrote:
"

I'm not certain you understand how AoF works. The flask will turn 1000 phys damage taken into 838, and it adds 10k sheet dps, you certainly don't need a pyre ring

Maybe my wording was a little confusing. With AoF you only get 50% of cold damage converted, pyre is 100%. Personally I think that ToH is severely overrated for defensive purposes if you're playing a) SC and b) VP build.

edit: As for Vinktar...you realize raider is immune to elemental status effects right? :^)

Wtf, nope. I thought that was only PF.

So we don't need a shock removal like Atomic said?

My loord I'm so confused now fuck!
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Btw, just vaal'd this lol

Never have seen 3 white sockets before. Can I still sell this?
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 17, 2017, 2:46:24 AM
Sure, you don't need links if you want to support Molten Burst.

Regarding your raider question - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Avatar_of_the_Veil
Really loving this build! I had been playing WI up until about a week ago and I wanted to mix things up a bit, so I decided to give this a shot. After some testing, I settled on this passive tree. I'm still not sure how I feel about it yet, but it's working for me. If anyone has some suggestions on how to improve it, I'd be happy to consider them.

Here's my gear:

Spoiler

I'm still upgrading things, so I'm open to suggestions here too.
Can someone post a video of them doing the Chimera fight? Smoke phase gets me wrekt.

Not sure if bug in the map, but he just doesn't appear and rapes my ass

I check every smoke cloud too...
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 17, 2017, 9:06:46 AM
"
monkuar wrote:
Can someone post a video of them doing the Chimera fight? Smoke phase gets me wrekt.

There's one in the op at the bottom along with some other videos. You shouldn't be dying if you have enough dodge/evasion.
Last edited by Aggnog on Jan 17, 2017, 11:00:36 AM
"
Aggnog wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

There's one in the op at the bottom along with some other videos. You shouldn't be dying if you have enough dodge/evasion.

Ohh I see.

Yep fuck this CI version then. Switching to life with evasion/dodge.

CI version we get absolutely fucked finding the smoke cloud (only have 8k es, but 2-3 chimera strikes and im dead) they all hit and with basalts and all flasks up the dmg is still insane.

It's RNG too, dependent on a random smoke cloud. If I walk to more than 1 and he's not there, its over. Yep fuck the "HIGH CI POOL" version, absolutely worthless for this fight

Fuck CI in general too, sick of that shit. Gearing for it is a fucking nightmare too I'm so fucking done
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 17, 2017, 11:28:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info