Is There a Way to Make Flame Dash Not Suck?

"
Maceless wrote:

I still think lightning warp is the better choice with a spare 4 link (Lightning Warp, Faster Casting, Less Duration, Rapid Decay). Warped Timepiece is really nice while leveling with it as well.

Agreed. Especially with a 20Q lighting warp. It is just TELEPORT.
U MAD?
"
livejamie wrote:
Hi I'm new to POE but a veteran of ARPGs.

I don't understand the mechanics of Flame Dash.

I've linked it with Faster Casting Support.

It doesn't seem to work all the time. Sometimes if I'm holding left click it will work, sometimes it won't.

Is there a way to set it up or configure it so it's more like D3's movement skills such as Dashing Strike or Vault?

Am I doing something wrong?

Game mechanics are just weird with movement abilities. This is the only time I wish PoE was more like d3 cause that shit is just fluid.

Hold shift key when using movement abilities like others have said. Otherwise your character will often just walk to the spot you wanted to leap to, then leap.

Game doesn't seem to recognize obstacles well (IE: if you shield charge through a door way and its slightly off, you'll just slam into a wall).

I really wish leap slam and flame dash worked more like whirly blades and just moved in the direction I clicked rather than try to run into range first and then execute the skill >.<

Spoiler
I refuse to use my shift key. I suppose remapping it to tilde is a possibility I may consider next time... maybe...
The only problem with this ability is how it wont activate if you target further away than it can go, and knowing that range isnt something that is super clear. Its very easy to target outside of this abilities range, which causes nothing to happen when you try to use it. (hence the concept of it seemingly not working).

Solution: Simply have the spell teleport you to the max distance it can go, in the direction of your mouse, if your mouse is further away than the spell can actually go.

This ability should be buffed!
SOLUTION:
1. Make sure your NumLock is on
2. Keybind "Attack in place" to a number on your keypad
3. Hold in the key you bound it to and turn off NumLock (while still holding down your keybind)

Your movement skills (shield charge/leap slam/flame dash/etc) will now activate immediately without your character having to walk first, regardless of distance.

Note: You will have to repeat the step 3 whenever you start up Path of Exile, but a small price to pay for the improved QoL ;)
Last edited by sicu on Aug 14, 2017, 8:08:55 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
ALWAYS hold shift when flame dashing IMO.

If you do this then you can't use a golem skill for LMB instead of "Move Only". Holding shift casts the golem, which is the whole point - saving an ability slot.

Flame Dash should just have ability clamping by default, no shift required. If you cast it out of its range, you just dash for the max range.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info