Is There a Way to Make Flame Dash Not Suck?

Hi I'm new to POE but a veteran of ARPGs.

I don't understand the mechanics of Flame Dash.

I've linked it with Faster Casting Support.

It doesn't seem to work all the time. Sometimes if I'm holding left click it will work, sometimes it won't.

Is there a way to set it up or configure it so it's more like D3's movement skills such as Dashing Strike or Vault?

Am I doing something wrong?
livejamie
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2017, 9:26:35 PM
ALWAYS hold shift when flame dashing IMO.
U MAD?
I suggest changing the attack in place from shift to some other button, but Docbp87 is definitely correct about needing to use it with flame dash (and leap slam).
"
I suggest changing the attack in place from shift to some other button, but Docbp87 is definitely correct about needing to use it with flame dash (and leap slam).

I use the tilde key since it is right there next to my flasks and other skill keys.
"
Docbp87 wrote:

thanks for that hint, tried faster attacks and less duration to no avail already.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

thanks for that hint, tried faster attacks and less duration to no avail already.

Based on your initial post, it sounds like you may be aiming too far away from your character at times. Holding shift/whatever key you bind it to will help. Otherwise, if you try to use it too far away from your toon, you will walk to closer to that location until you are within the skill's range.
Don't put a movement skill on your left mouse. Problem solved.
"
vio wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Flame Dash is a spell, did you mean Faster Casting? Faster casting is definitely worth using with flame dash if you can spare the socket.
U MAD?
Shift while using helps as said. For some reason they have the 'cast at range' shorter than the maximum travel distance.

Stun immunity or avoidance (above witch start) is also really helpful. Often you can be stunned out while casting.

I still think lightning warp is the better choice with a spare 4 link (Lightning Warp, Faster Casting, Less Duration, Rapid Decay). Warped Timepiece is really nice while leveling with it as well.
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Flame Dash is a spell, did you mean Faster Casting? Faster casting is definitely worth using with flame dash if you can spare the socket.

yes yes, i have faster casting.

and i may remove the less duation gem if pressing shift is preventing the char from walking first to get out of a danger zone because that's the only use the skill has anyway.

it feels really underwhelming compared to whirling blades but that's valid for most movement skills :-)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info