chris PLEASE stop making me want to commit sudoku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj2zKoRSPRU&t

this skill gives me crippling depression

I wanted it to be good

now all I want is death
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2016, 6:30:14 PM
Being a non-meta and mostly melee player, I find your clear speed oppressively fast. Something should get nerfed.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Dec 8, 2016, 11:11:22 AM
I love sudoku. It's a great way to waste some time.
"
Gongoosus wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj2zKoRSPRU&t

this skill gives me crippling depression

I wanted it to be good

now all I want is death

here you go, you can commit yourself to an easy sudoku while you're waiting. ;)

"
torturo wrote:
Being a non-meta and mostly melee player, I find your clear speed oppressively fast. Something should get nerfed.

ya i dont see what they are complaining about. ive always cleared much slower as a bow, melee, or trapper build.

"
Megatyrant wrote:
I love sudoku. It's a great way to waste some time.

i hate it. i mean dont get me wrong i have tried to like it. i really do actually hate sudoku and games like it though. my attention span isnt long enough to keep me interested in a something as boring as sudoku. i need more active things to keep me engaged.
the gems are very low to beat malachai on merciless, i usually go for him only after i have gems at level 19 at least and after my char is 85+
I consider malachai in merciless difficulty harder than normal atziri since the space is so limited and he deals so much in so little time.
come on people, are you guys serious? watch it again. that is horrible. that is ridiculously bad for that gear and those gems

on patch i seriously took my mathil dreamfeather spectral throw build (packed full of projectile nodes) and plugged in a level 11 blade flurry and wrecked everything stronger than spectral throw was wrecking. then i actually made the build around blade flurry and like...lawl.

to watch this was very very tedious and painful. i feel you man...i feel you
My theorycrafting thoughts not backed by any experience, but hell if I don\t voice them anyway :)

Blight has abyssmal clear speed by design (1. stacking 2. dot). Do NOT channel it at monsters until they drop dead. Get them to 1/2 health and move to another pack, DoT will do the rest. Unless you want to pair it up with something that do high burst damage. Which means - Abyssal Cry. Few stacks of Blight, cast Abyssal Cry, teleport in, everyone's dead, repeat. Increased AoE gem - do you need it? Why not Faster Casting? Did you get increased duration, Aoe and cast speed nodes from your tree? These are essential.

Not a signature.
The problem with the idea of moving on after they are half dead is that loot drops then happen off-screen. It makes sense to do so from a clear-speed thought process, but you lose out doing so.
^ But they are in front of you, right? And Blight slowed them down, so they will stay there a little longer. So you can teleport right behind them when they have few blight stacks and they will drop dead and leave loot at your feet when you arrive there.
Not a signature.
this is what is wrong with blight...
its a very low base damage with a maximum stack count of 20, so you have to cast it for a certain amount of time before you can get to your maximum damage, and then wait for DoT to kill things.

as you say it will basically always have a lower clear time, but even look at the boss kill. the damage is horrible. even casting straight in their face for seconds at a time theres no damage. the real problem is you can't stack poison. why use blight, a chaos damage spell that can't poison, when you can use literally anything else that can poison? like say blade flurry.

casting for so much and actually "hitting" very frequently is what makes poison excel which makes for high DPS especially when you can double dip the damage with chaos. blight not being able to do this makes it suck ass and not worth any time.

just to test, i just logged in and ran malachai. yes my build is finished and my gems are almost all maxed but i completed him in no time. first phase was basically just however long the little cut scenes take for him to bounce between piety and himself - literally their hp bars were gone instantly.
2nd phase took about 15 seconds. same thing. just however long it takes for him to bounce from heart to heart. everything was dead instantly.

when i watch that video i feel like it should be a brand new character just doing merc act 4 for the very first time, and it clearly isn't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info