[3.8] Arly's Ice shot bower

"
JoKeStA wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
JoKeStA wrote:
I have been following your build this season and have been trying to mimic what you have done its looks very fun!! I have only a couple questions, flask.. What if we can't afford the more expense flask what cheap flask can we use? What is your resist at ?and last thing when do you use projectile weakness ? I don't see you use it much if any but as fast as things explode doubt you ever need too haha

It's for bosses only but I've found only t15 or higher really need it.

Vinktar is definitely a huge part of the build to synergize with lightning coil and your lightning damage and you can potentially just use the cheapest version if budget is an issue.
Failing that, you can use a sulphur flask as a dps substitute.

Finally it's worth mentioning getting a belt with 20% increased flasks charges gained is very useful for flask update. You will have 60% total with it.

Sweet thank you for the reply! i'm just using Rosa atm. until I can get flask don't think its ideal to use the armor without it. Could you add a step by step to your Skill path and Ascendancy path ?

Thanks again hope mines as good!

Phase acrobatics and additional leech are optional and totally up to you. I opted to take neither.
Note you will take vaal pact after getting vinktar's. It's not displayed below.
free image host
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 12, 2016, 4:23:18 PM
Is Drillneck not as good for this build?
Is pierce so good for LA? I wonder if it is worth to take 1 socket and few pasives for that. It seems it is 90% pierce right? I think of trying chain gem instead of that pierce, what do you think about it? It is true that chain would take socket too.
"
Is Drillneck not as good for this build?

It's a good choice and generally has noticeably more dps than a rare crit quiver but less life,resists,crit chance. If you can find a way to make up the resists elsewhere, go for it. Totally a matter of preference.

"
Is pierce so good for LA? I wonder if it is worth to take 1 socket and few pasives for that. It seems it is 90% pierce right? I think of trying chain gem instead of that pierce, what do you think about it? It is true that chain would take socket too.

You'd save 3 passive points from not needing the pierce cluster. I found pierce to be a bit more consistent especially on enfeeble/ele resist/monster life maps and I liked the ability to swap barrage and LA on a whim to get a 6 link single target. With chain you'd need to swap one additional gem. I would try both and see which one you like more.

Again, its all preference.
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 13, 2016, 6:35:16 PM
"

I'm just asking, because i think im still new to this game even after 500 hours and i thought that you could help me in choosing between that pierce and chain :) I'm focusing on good clear speed and not high tier maps for now.
Last edited by Tenshoou on Dec 14, 2016, 5:39:14 AM
"
Tenshoou wrote:
"

I'm just asking, because i think im still new to this game even after 500 hours and i thought that you could help me in choosing between that pierce and chain :) I'm focusing on good clear speed and not high tier maps for now.

Use pierce.

T16 hydra map uploaded:

https://youtu.be/hbN2NMdTgaM
For reference a 38% belly gives me 5520 life instead of 5028 from coil which is ok but I'd much prefer the physical mitigation from coil.
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 15, 2016, 5:44:54 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Tenshoou wrote:
"

Use pierce.

T16 hydra map uploaded:

https://youtu.be/hbN2NMdTgaM
For reference a 38% belly gives me 5520 life instead of 5028 from coil which is ok but I'd much prefer the physical mitigation from coil.

One minute T16 phoenix map run - no boss on my wand character:
https://youtu.be/i-bhwa4jnag
When you say perfect windripper do you mean perfect legacy or non-legacy windripper?
"
Thunder71 wrote:
When you say perfect windripper do you mean perfect legacy or non-legacy windripper?

Non-Legacy, their really good!
"
Non-Legacy, their really good!

Ooo nice. I might try out this build then, especially since it can do guardians. Been awhile since I've done a simple bow char.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info