[3.8] Arly's Ice shot bower

have you tried to do shaper? ty for answering fast
"
j0ca1995 wrote:
have you tried to do shaper? ty for answering fast

No, I have not but I do not believe it would be too difficult using T16 hydra as a reference point
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 25, 2017, 1:54:00 PM
should i use dying sun instead silver flask?
"
j0ca1995 wrote:
should i use dying sun instead silver flask?

Yes, if you can afford it. Just make sure the diamond flask has staunching.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Any advice for improving?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Torpine/characters (IGN: Liurelane)

I feel very vulnerable especially against bosses.

I have 4.3k life and that seems like not enough.
accept the mystery
Last edited by Torpine on Apr 28, 2017, 2:45:17 AM
Hi Torpine,

Just wondering if you have any generic life leech yet???

It seems like you have picked up vaal pact for instant leech but I can't see any life leech on your tree or gear. Are you just trying to use the leech from your vinktar's and atziri?

Other possible changes would be:

Change out the 3 life / armour + evasion nodes at duelist start (and the AS node) for the Revenge of the Hunted Node

You have 2 dex nodes near aspect of the Eagle going nowhere at the moment. Potentially drop these and the quickstep nodes to route up to blood drinker for some generic attack life leech. Alternatively possibly consider going to the vitality void leech, drop the single mana leech and put it into the dual mana & life leech node. That would give you 1.8% life leech and 0.4 mana leech for 4 points + 1 free point from the dropped mana leech node.

Possibly think about buying some skill gems with 20% quality on them. You can often find level 20 gems with 20 quality that have been corrupted for 8 - 10c. That could boost your damage a lot which will decrease the amount of time spent on a boss fight.

Not too sure what map level you are trying but if you are having issues potentially look at what map mods you are rolling and what leaguestones you are using. Try not to roll -max resistances. This dramatically increases your one-shot potential. If you find you are dying in breaches or to beyond bosses just don't run those for a while. Save them up till you can use them without fear of dying.

If you are not resist capped get resist capped. Consider getting resist capped for ele weakness.

I see a couple of your pieces of gear are energy shield based. I don't believe that we grab any ES% nodes so we are not really using ES stuff efficiently. Consider getting evasion pieces if you can.

If you are going acrobatics then see if you can max out that part of the tree including phase acrobatics.

Honestly I don't see a load of issues. Just a few things to maybe try out that you may (or may not) find helps out a little.

GL :)
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Apr 28, 2017, 4:01:28 AM
Hi DrHarvey,

Removing the 4 nodes left of Fitness and take Revenge of the Hunted instead seems like it would give me less.

The 2 nodes left of Aspect of the Eagle are attack speed and crit. not dex.

I will try to respec into Vitality Void to get some leech (instead of Quickstep and the 2 "dex" nodes) and see how that works.

I think you also have a point with map mods, I did run -max resistances and that did not go well.

The energy based gear is because it has +int. That is hard to get on Evasion gear, but I will look into it.

Thanks a lot for the advice, I think I have something to work with :)

accept the mystery
Hi Torpine,

I think you have made a few changes to your tree.

I am referring to changing the 4 points above and to the left of Art of the Gladiator in which case I still think Revenge of the Hunted might be better. The 4 points you have atm give you 3 attack speed, 18% evasion and armour & 12% health. The change to revenge of the hunted would give you 10 dex, 32% increased evasion, 16% health & 12% increased phys damage. Since you have acrobatics halving the effect of your armour anyway I think you would have better survivability with revenge of the hunted. The 4 points to the left of Finesse are very good and should definitely be kept.

The two nodes of dex were to the right and heading towards survivalist. If you didn't have those selected my bad - they looked like they were. Like you say the bow attach and crit strike chance can be worth picking up.

[Edit: ok - just clicked the dex nodes on your tree by accident as I was moving your screen around - maybe that happened last time too - doh!]

It looks as though you still have one node of 0.4% mana leech + 10% increased mana leech selected. Just below the vitality void life leech there is a 0.4% life leech & 0.4% mana leech. I would probably try that instead.

At some point in the near future try to get the Winter Spirit node and preceding ones. This build seems to scale a LOT of elemental damage and these two points will convert a large portion of your phys damage to ele damage.

I see your point about the int gear and that's fair enough. Getting int is fairly difficult. I think my LA raider needs 155 int for a similar build. Although they are pretty expensive Atziri's Acuity gloves solve a lot of that issue as they come with 60 - 80 intelligence. They also remove the need for vaal pact giving you instant leech but without the drawback of losing your life regen. You can save up for the divination cards and get them that way - at least, that is how I acquired mine.

One last tip. Give Path of Building a go. It is IMMENSELY useful as it tells you exactly where your DPS comes from. Want to know if buying an item will be an upgrade???? Simply put it in path of building, add it to your build and see exactly what affect it will have on your DPS, resistances, life...etc. Change your tree and see how it will affect all your stats immediately without having to try stuff via spending regrets. Honestly, I gained close to 40% more damage on my Lightning Arrow character by optimising my tree and changing some skill gems around.

Anyway good luck with your character :)

Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Apr 28, 2017, 10:42:37 AM
Thanks a lot for the advise. It really helped.

Next question: How do people get 5.5k HP with this build?

PoB claims that i can get ~4.8K with this build and my current gear, and I think my gear has a lot of HP.
accept the mystery
Maybe they run Belly of the Beast or Kaom's rather than a Lightning Coil?

HC builds tend to go into the Scion Life wheel but this build doesn't seem to route that way at all. If you are looking to get more than 6k then I think you would need to be looking at a Kaom's and probably changing to Tornado Shot since it has decent AoE and Single Target and the loss of the chest sockets is less of an issue.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Apr 29, 2017, 7:04:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info