Somebody killed my Vaal Oversoul

Dunno how this could have happened, I was playing solo and the quest is completed saying that I killed the boss, not a big deal but it's kinda funny.

I'll have to check if my porridge and sweetroll are fine.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 4, 2016, 7:22:26 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 7:35:29 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Have you tried /recheck_achievements?
"
Rambopvp wrote:
Have you tried /recheck_achievements?

No, had no idea it was an issue that deserved a dedicated command at any point. It's no problem checking it or killing it again, but if it's something that still happens on a regular basis wouldn't it be practical to just run the check on logon if it can't be fixed?

Last edited by raics on Dec 4, 2016, 8:20:35 PM
something changed at that fight. i normally kill oversoul, portal out while it dies and get the message that the passage to sarn is now open while i sell stuff to greust.

when i return i can use the exit but this time it was still closed. i needed to wait for another 10 seconds before it opened.

----

if that's not the cause, maybe your connection to the achievement server got temporarily interrupted, that used to be a problem for quite some time.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Dec 4, 2016, 8:44:18 PM
Nah, didn't have a portal or anything, killed the thing, waited for the exit to open and left, I'd probably remember if there were serious connection problems during the fight. I was using Blight which is both new and unpopular so I figured the game might have issues with it that haven't been reported yet because nobody in his right mind plays it. Maybe if a Blight totem does the killing, I might have had one out along with selfcasting it.

Last edited by raics on Dec 4, 2016, 8:53:30 PM
There's definitely something fishy going on, check achievements didn't help so I just went back and killed it again, without totem this time.

However, it just happened again in merciless so it's too much to be a coincidence. I used a totem again to speed it up, just for the record.

EDIT:
Tried again without totem and it worked.

Last edited by raics on Dec 5, 2016, 3:46:30 PM
Looks like Blight + Spell Totem has some problems with kill ownership, causing certain on-kill events to not trigger (such as achievements). I've passed on the issue to be fixed.
Code warrior
This has been fixed on our local servers, thanks for the report!
GGG Gameplay Programmer
Last edited by Alex_GGG on Dec 5, 2016, 11:57:26 PM
My pleasure, well, wasn't exactly a pleasure but it wasn't a huge gamebreaker either, it's probably more alarming that so few people use Blight that this has gone unnoticed.

"
raics wrote:
My pleasure, well, wasn't exactly a pleasure but it wasn't a huge gamebreaker either, it's probably more alarming that so few people use Blight that this has gone unnoticed.

can i kindly ask you to tell me the next lottery numbers? pm please ;)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info