Additions and Improvements to Map Mods

block dodge die..

pls del all nodes..
This is really nice :D
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
hard farm now
Oh no, more shitty mods to reroll. Great work.

I really hope that the mtx challenge rewards will be so good that it will make me play next league. I see a league more dead than Prophecy. Atlas bought some life back to the game but nothing near Perandus level of awesomeness. I'm biased though, I'm only taking to account my friends and guild mates.

PoE feels dead right now. End game just feels boring. Map system is a great idea, I really liked the atlas but I end up burning a ton of currency to reroll shitty map mods.

Not enough physical mitigation? Re-roll +crit/+crit multi/vulnerability/etc
Not enough life (currently almost all life-based builds)? play white/blue maps
Evasion? It is only an illusion exile

I won't even talk about armour because that gives me kidney stones...

I'm disappointed. And I'll accept a crybaby pie.
Last edited by matsu07 on Nov 28, 2016, 6:42:35 PM
Gains and loses to Movement Speed have no effect

This shoulda been a mod so you are always at base 0% movespeed
I like these changes, although the Eva and Block mods are FUCKING BRUTAL holy shit.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
So here my thoughts on the new map mods:

20% reduced flask charges gained

Congrats on hindering every other build but Pathfinders (and others which invest heavily into flasks) which actually don't give a crap about a slight reduction on getting flask charges due to investment into it. Every build which doesn't invest into flask charges gained gets punished, while builds that are investing into it don't? - this is counter intuitive and doesn't change any existing meta around heavy flask (ab)usage.

25% less curse effect on monsters

I think this stacks multiplicatively with the natural 60% less curse effect on bosses modifier, which will result into 80% less curse effectivness on bosses in white maps. In red maps it likly will be something like 90% less i assume?
Builds who invest heavily on curses get punished really hard here. Just an example: A lvl 21 Enfeeble with 40% curse effectivness against a red map tier boss in a hexwarded map nets ~4% less damage taken - LOL. I guess getting 1 Endurance Charge extra does the same trick... BALANCED!

Hexwarded = just a different wording of Hexproof over all i guess, which is lame and just lazy design imho.
What would be good, challenging and interesting design of such a mod instead? Monsters cursed by you enrage (gain Onslaught + gain x% more damage/gain leech/gain regen/gain x% elemental and chaos resistances/gain x% physical damage reduction/take x% reduced DoT)

monsters have a 15% chance to cause status ailments

Big nerf to any melee build out there, especially if you depent on attack/cast speed to deal damage. Doesn't affect the current Pathfinder meta at all, but effectivly nerfs any other non status immune build out there - grats GGG, you truly did it here!
I guess it is a nerf to ES builds? Well, ES builds have more flask slots for status ailments flasks than life builds, which they run anyways because they are CI. A decent clear speed build can keep up those flasks almost all the time - so nothing changes here.

monsters can not be taunted or slowed
= immunity to taunt and immunty to temporal chains, Abyssal Cry/Wither secondary effect, singularity unique effect.
EVEN MORE IMMUNITYS? After all that feedback about immunitys from the community? Did you even listen or read the actuall feedback? It doesn't seem so, sry, i had to ask.

All monster damage from hits always ignites
So you have to run any form of regen or leech on any character now... great for diversity for sure *sarcasm* I think this should nerf ES and Vaal pact a bit right? Nope, it won't do anything to those builds because they can facetank and leech back to full in a split second.

All monsters gain X% elemental and X% chaos resist
The Chaos resist mod is long overdue - it is about time this is getting added to the pool, good job here, thanks!

monsters have a 30% chance to avoid poison/blind/bleed
Good one here - no immunity but avoidance which makes stacking poison harder and lowers effective DPS without rendering the mechanic useless. Thanks!

Players have point blank
Really good mod here! It forces ranged builds close to mobs or let them do significantly less damage which lowers there clearspeed by effectivly half - unless you do so much overkill damage, that you don't even notice. Would not prevent tier 0 builds but at least tier 1 and tier 2 will feel this modifier.

less armour and reduced block chance
monsters have x% increased accuracy, players dodge is unlucky
That mod puts the nail in the coffin for armour and block builds out there - basically gimping there defense which they heavily invested in to get working, which isn't even the most efficiant option, while pure effective HP builds without any secondary defenses doesn't get punished at all... i don't have any words for that...
Some for dodge evasion builds which havn't access to much life as a drawback for going this route.

If we don't see a significant balance ajustment to CI vs Life, this is going to be a total failure.

players have x% less area of effect
just slows down clear speed without making anything more challenging or harder in the map itself...
Don't see any reason for such a mod other than slowing down the player for the sake of slowing the game down.

Slowing the game down is good, don't get me wrong, but slowing the game down artificially without actuall creating challenge is a bad move.

Life regen mods also affecting ES regen is a much needed change - good to see it here. Also not punishing mana regen any more is good to see, but i think MoM needs more help than that as long as Enfeeble in its current form exists in the game (did the calculations, it is almost always better than MoM with much less investment and opportunity cost) and stacking as much ES as you possible can trumps any other form of secondary defences like armour or evasion.

The game needs a major rebalance for those mods actually have the intended effect on gameplay - i hope GGG will get it right in 3.0 next year!
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Nov 28, 2016, 6:48:02 PM
failed to connedt to instance

Last edited by BKJohnsen on Aug 11, 2020, 9:03:49 AM
Can't say I understand the reasoning behind some of these mods.
Even the ones that don't punish already weak builds/mechanics are not able to force any sort of playstyle/build change and are simply annoying.
There are a few cool ones I guess, like the dousing flask one for non-Pathfinders and the Point Blank one maybe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info