[2.5] Hipster Broliferator - Burning/Lightning Arrow Elementalist!

"
Shaileen wrote:
Hey Saskute, thanks for the input! You really made a lot of good points that helped me in thinking this through.

And well, today Mathil released a vid about almost exactly the thing I was planning although he invested more into crit/bownodes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5PTZQhvhvU

Glad to know your chieftain plan is going well! I also saw Mathil's video about his chieftain bower, but he invests a lot more into crit. His build now probably surpasses mine in terms of single target dps as I simply can't find a good way to kill bosses with my current setup, but I'm sure I'll get there.
Cheers!
"
fritzendugan wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply! You're right, I totally derp'd and forgot that acro gives you less ES.

I'm gonna incorporate some of the things in your tree, and post an updated tree in a bit if you care to look at it. I'm not a fan of zealot's oath, I think regen on CI is weak since once your CI recharge kicks in (which it often will if you play correctly) it's overwhelmingly better than any regen. Also noticed you created some redundant loops in your tree :) but as you said it wasn't polished.

I think running elemental equilibrium could be a huge help on this build, but I'm not sure how best to proc it or if it really fits. Do you have any thoughts on that?

I think your new tree looks much better than the previous one and should be pretty solid!
The reason I took Zealot's Oath is because the bow gives us 40 to 60 life recovery on ignite, and while doing a no life regen map I noticed I wasn't gaining health back from it, which lead me to the conclusion that it works much like life regen. That said, ZO becomes like Ghost Reaver in this scenario with the bonus of you being able to get a steady 4% ES regen from a sulphur flask or any type of consecrated ground.
As for EE, it is a good idea as it would get you bigger ignites on bosses and such but I have no idea how you would proc it efficiently, considering that running something like orb of storms or arctic breath + greater multiple projectiles would, in my opinion, feel rather clunky. However if you do manage to make it work tell me how and I will consider putting it into the main build!
Cheers fritzendugan!
"
The reason I took Zealot's Oath is because the bow gives us 40 to 60 life recovery on ignite

According to http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Zealot%27s_Oath ZO doesn't affect life recovery only regen, right? So I'm not sure if that would work :/ would be awesome if it did though. I'm starting to worry that my version of the build might require life leech to work, and I'm not sure it can spare the points to branch out into ghost reave and vaal pact (not to mention dropping a link in favor of life leech). I think I might try to depend on just recharge/vaal discipline and see how that goes, unless you have some ideas on how I might more easily get leech on the fire damage.
msg/pm me if I've won any bids or want to contact for sales. @SteveDelucia
also, why does the build get the +1 curse node when you're only running one curse?
msg/pm me if I've won any bids or want to contact for sales. @SteveDelucia
"
fritzendugan wrote:
also, why does the build get the +1 curse node when you're only running one curse?

To solve your leech problem you could run warlord's mark or something along the lines of it, but like you said branching into vaal pact and ghost reaver would be a very good idea.
I run +1 curse because that way you can get flammability from blasphemy and vulnerability from witchfire brew at the same time.
Cheers!
A quick question regarding the ascendancy choices at uber lab. Is the small AOE increase on Beacon of ruin really more valuable to us than pendulum of destruction? In testing I've found beacon to be rather subpar. What are your thoughts.
"
tetryon88 wrote:
A quick question regarding the ascendancy choices at uber lab. Is the small AOE increase on Beacon of ruin really more valuable to us than pendulum of destruction? In testing I've found beacon to be rather subpar. What are your thoughts.

Sorry for the late response, but the main reason we take Beacon of Ruin is for shock proliferation however because I kind of put this build aside until I figure out a way to make it more viable I didn't get the chance to test Pendulum of Destruction.
Cheers!
Enjoying the build so far. Made a few slight tweaks to the build you had and have linked the gear I've got so far. It is a little low on life and I might have to re-adjust the tree a little more. I might do a massive respec at some point into a CI version.

I need to test if a pair of steel rings with the fire essence would be better than the opal rings. Was running a GMP+vaal burning arrowbut swapped to a regular burning arrow+slower projectiles to have a good single target finisher. Can't wait to see it on a 5 link as well as an eventual set of 6 links. I went with split arrow because I just enjoy it more than a GMP burning arrow setup.
"
tetryon88 wrote:
Enjoying the build so far. Made a few slight tweaks to the build you had and have linked the gear I've got so far. It is a little low on life and I might have to re-adjust the tree a little more. I might do a massive respec at some point into a CI version.

I need to test if a pair of steel rings with the fire essence would be better than the opal rings. Was running a GMP+vaal burning arrowbut swapped to a regular burning arrow+slower projectiles to have a good single target finisher. Can't wait to see it on a 5 link as well as an eventual set of 6 links. I went with split arrow because I just enjoy it more than a GMP burning arrow setup.

Good to know you're enjoying the build! Opal rings might be better than steel, it's pretty situational i'd say. It all depends on how much % you already have. When I have a bit more currency I'll invest it into the character and see how far into maps I can push it as I'm not too happy with the first result I got.
Merry Christmas and have a nice day!
Hi saskute,

I play Standard League, I am wondering what your thoughts are regarding trying this build in this league. Do you think that the lack of access to Xoph's Nurture and some of the other items will be build crippling?

Would you still run with a Witch in this case?
Last edited by maxwolfie on Jan 18, 2017, 7:10:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info