2.4.3b Patch Notes (Restartless)

"
AndersonFC wrote:
"
Does this fix the black screen after shutting the game down?

Not for me at least, it continues with the black screen.

Damn, hoped I could finally play again.
Black screen continues, it does not work that way. I am very disappointed with GGG.
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Fixed a bug in the DirectX 11 client where it wouldn't start if unable to enter fullscreen mode. It will now enter windowed mode in this case. The rules for fullscreen mode in DirectX 11 are much more restrictive. For example, fullscreen mode is unavailable if any other window overlaps with the client window.[/li]

I want to play in windowed fullscreen mode, but game don't keep my choice with DX11(work fine in Dx9).
All time i reload game it start on windowed mode with display not center on my screen. The game display his put upper windows 10 task bar area, and mouse pointer must be on create button to activate login...
I must change to windowed fullscreen mode each time i reload the game.
Thanks for all the work here!

Some issues I realized with the DX11 client after this 2.4.3/b patch:

Game only starts in Window Mode now, before it was working fine in Windowed Fullscreen. It is possible to change it ingame though, but it don't keep the setting now after close the application. This was working with 2.4.2

Another thing after 2.4.3b - it's not fit to 60FPS anymore with vsync but 63FPS in windowed fullscreen what causes slight tearing. Even in fullscreen it's 61FPS instead. This was working with 2.4.2

Last - "Confine mouse to window" is not working correctly in Windowed Fullscreen. When you go into the settings, remove the check and undo it, it will work. For some reason there isn't even a save settings necessary. Once you leave the window with alt+tab, it's not working anymore. This was also not working with 2.4.2

Edit: All this is with Windows 10 Pro - version 1607.

Thanks, keep the hard work - it's great to see DX11/x64 client working mostly fine. I wasn't expecting that in 2016. I'm sure you will also smash those bugs :)

Last edited by Zalkortis on Nov 22, 2016, 3:15:19 AM
Anyone else experiencing slight screen tearing with DX11 in fullscreen & windowed fullscreen modes?

The most smooth mode seems to be DX9 fullscreen.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Hmmm, was expecting more ... this looks like pfff, what needed to be done in first few hours after 2.4.3 no after few days, but scorching ray "effects" are most important.
"
Zalkortis wrote:
Thanks for all the work here!

Some issues I realized with the DX11 client after this 2.4.3/b patch:

Game only starts in Window Mode now, before it was working fine in Windowed Fullscreen. It is possible to change it ingame though, but it don't keep the setting now after close the application. This was working with 2.4.2

Another thing after 2.4.3b - it's not fit to 60FPS anymore with vsync but 63FPS in windowed fullscreen what causes slight tearing. Even in fullscreen it's 61FPS instead. This was working with 2.4.2

Last - "Confine mouse to window" is not working correctly in Windowed Fullscreen. When you go into the settings, remove the check and undo it, it will work. For some reason there isn't even a save settings necessary. Once you leave the window with alt+tab, it's not working anymore. This was also not working with 2.4.2

Edit: All this is with Windows 10 Pro - version 1607.

Thanks, keep the hard work - it's great to see DX11/x64 client working mostly fine. I wasn't expecting that in 2016. I'm sure you will also smash those bugs :)

Hey, hey, how you dare, they only work on 64-bit/DX11 promises few years, they need at last few decades more to make it solid your expectations isn't real.

"If u cant fix something just remove it."
"
pitbronson wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Fixed a bug in the DirectX 11 client where it wouldn't start if unable to enter fullscreen mode. It will now enter windowed mode in this case. The rules for fullscreen mode in DirectX 11 are much more restrictive. For example, fullscreen mode is unavailable if any other window overlaps with the client window.[/li]

I want to play in windowed fullscreen mode, but game don't keep my choice with DX11(work fine in Dx9).
All time i reload game it start on windowed mode with display not center on my screen. The game display his put upper windows 10 task bar area, and mouse pointer must be on create button to activate login...
I must change to windowed fullscreen mode each time i reload the game.

the lead developer adressed that on reddit because who the hell do you think is looking for bug reports in the patch notes?

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Good Work and thumps up for ironing out the bugs of the new client before the new league starts!
Nothing on Blight?
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info